12/25 Christmas Day at EPCOT.

Jimmy Mouse

My other car is the Monorail
We had a wonderful breakfast in the Stone Harbor lounge then a few minute walk to the International gateway. We arrived at 8:55. We were on Frozen with a posted 30 minute wait at 9:07. We were off the ride at 9:29. Right now we are standing in stand by at Test Track which is currently closed. More to come!

Okay, so we had a FP for Test Track at 10:35. We stood in standby and the ride opened at 10:27 so we were among the first 50 or so people to ride! Our TT FP was changed to a multi experience FP that we haven't even used yet. We are going back to EPCOT after dinner. After TT we did our FP for MS, went into innoventions and did the World of Color, then our FP for Figment before a last minute ADR at Tokyo Dining. We decided we were hungry and there was a spot available so we grabbed it! Christmas day at EPCOT was perfect in every way. Crowds were very easy to manage.

EPCOT Skyliner
IMG_5049.jpg

FEA at 9:07. Actually a very short wait.
IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

DD4's monster truck
IMG_5056.jpg

Outside MS at 12:14
IMG_5069.jpg IMG_5070.jpg IMG_5071.jpg

Crowds aren't that bad at 12:18
IMG_5072.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the report! Always think about going this time of year, but the crowds scare me. Like seeing updates like these to see what it's really like. Doesn't seem too bad.

So we came back to the resort and got ready for our Ale & Compass "Christmas Dinner" what a joke!!! Now the food was awesome. I had the seafood pot pie and it was so delicious! But Christmas Dinner? Disney advertises it as a special dinner with a holiday menu. There was 1 item on the menu called "Holliday Dinner" and it was prime rib. Thats it lol. But that seafood pot pie ......

IMG_5092.jpg

So after a nap and dinner we headed back to the room again because DD4 decided to drink daddy's water and dropped the glass. Yes it went my direction and ran into my lap. So.... we finally make it back to Epcot and IG was empty. We headed to Soarin' and came close to doing serious harm to a grown man with no respect. We were in the FP line and he, his wife and 2 little girls pushed their way past everyone and scanned their cards. The wife and 2 little girls walked ahead but he couldn't get his to work (karma). The CM told us to scan so we did and were walking when he came up beside DD7 and put his hands on her, hurting her ear as he shoved her to the side. I stepped right in front of him and put my finger right in his face and told him "You don't put you hands on my daughter" and his wife yelled at me and said he didn't touch her and that I as paranoid. My daughter was holding her ear and looked right at her and said "yes he did!" Anyway, I said what I need to say and won't let rude people ruin our vacation so I let it go. Now his wife kept on and on and we laughed about it. So anyway, after Soarin' we headed Figment and it was walk on. After that we went to SE and the line was stand still. It did not move one person for 10 minutes so we headed to TT and it was down. again. We went to MS and me and DD7 did orange while my wife and DD4 did green. After that DD4 wanted to head to the room so me and DD7 watched Pixar shorts then headed back to the resort. Besides one wet lap and one rude tourist, this day was a total success! For the longest time I feared coming to WDW during Christmas but this trip has changed my mind. I will definitely be back next Christmas.

So we came back to the resort and got ready for our Ale & Compass "Christmas Dinner" what a joke!!! Now the food was awesome. I had the seafood pot pie and it was so delicious! But Christmas Dinner? Disney advertises it as a special dinner with a holiday menu. There was 1 item on the menu called "Holliday Dinner" and it was prime rib. Thats it lol. But that seafood pot pie ......

View attachment 371628

So after a nap and dinner we headed back to the room again because DD4 decided to drink daddy's water and dropped the glass. Yes it went my direction and ran into my lap. So.... we finally make it back to Epcot and IG was empty. We headed to Soarin' and came close to doing serious harm to a grown man with no respect. We were in the FP line and he, his wife and 2 little girls pushed their way past everyone and scanned their cards. The wife and 2 little girls walked ahead but he couldn't get his to work (karma). The CM told us to scan so we did and were walking when he came up beside DD7 and put his hands on her, hurting her ear as he shoved her to the side. I stepped right in front of him and put my finger right in his face and told him "You don't put you hands on my daughter" and his wife yelled at me and said he didn't touch her and that I as paranoid. My daughter was holding her ear and looked right at her and said "yes he did!" Anyway, I said what I need to say and won't let rude people ruin our vacation so I let it go. Now his wife kept on and on and we laughed about it. So anyway, after Soarin' we headed Figment and it was walk on. After that we went to SE and the line was stand still. It did not move one person for 10 minutes so we headed to TT and it was down. again. We went to MS and me and DD7 did orange while my wife and DD4 did green. After that DD4 wanted to head to the room so me and DD7 watched Pixar shorts then headed back to the resort. Besides one wet lap and one rude tourist, this day was a total success! For the longest time I feared coming to WDW during Christmas but this trip has changed my mind. I will definitely be back next Christmas.

Some of the rudist people I've encountered have been at WDW...and some of the nicest have been at WDW. It kind of can bring out the extremes.

Glad to hear crowds are low, but I have a feeling it is an anomaly. My guess is most folks are waiting until Star Wars opens. However, I'm excited if lower crowds will be the norm before SW:GE opens because it might mean when we go next year in June crowds will be manageable.

Thanks for sharing. Kid shover aside Xmas in Epcot seems much more tolerable than I would have imagined.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter