12/23/12 Wonder Christmas Cruise (Miami)

jehender

Earning My Ears
I'm starting a new thread for the 12/23/12 Wonder sailing from Miami this Christmas.

We were originally booked on the Mexican Riveria that got cancelled. Ironically we ended up back on the same ship, same dates, different itinerary.

Who's sailing with us?

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

We'll be on this cruise as well. First time on The Wonder! And first time in Miami!

Tony

My parents,husband, myself and our four kids will be on this cruise also. This is our first time on a Disney Cruise. Any one have and tidbits and helpful hints.

:cool1:WELCOME TO THE THREAD!!!:cool1:

I live in Ft. Lauderdale (which is 15 miles north of the Miami) and our family loves cruising! This might be our 11th cruise (if we can fit 2 more in from now till this cruise).We can possible start an FE thingy. The wounder overall does not feel crowded at all! I have been on all the ships and personally, I love this ship more than the three others( first the wonder,than the fantasy,the magic, and then the dream). For those who have kids, they will love the kids area. The 10-13 year old area is not the greatest in the world (it use to be a meeting room area) but it is coming together i heard. I do hope everyone on this cruise has fun and enjoys themselves!

This is our second Disney cruise. Our first one was this past March and all the people that we met through our cruise meet thread gave us so many good ideas and tips. The two most useful I can think of is to pack a small surge supressor because their aren't alot of outlets in the cabin. I can only think of one by the tv and it's not enough to keep i-pods and other electronics charged. The other is to pack an over the door shoe organizer. It hung off one of our bathroom doors and helped to keep the room organized. It's great extra storage for the small stuff that can clutter up the cabin.

You are right about the 10-13 club not being anything special, but I couldn't get my two boys out of there on our last cruise. They also never missed a dodgeball game on the sports deck.

I'm not sure we will participate in a FE this cruise. A little worried about having to get ready for a cruise in the middle of the holidays and doing the FE exchange might be what sends me over the edge. :santa:

We are new to Cruising, this is our first cruise. What is FE?

FE stands for Fish Extender. There is a sticky thread on the main Cruise page that has all the details.

Basically, it is something you hang from the fish mailbox that each stateroom has. Then each person who has signed up to participate brings a small gift that they distribute to all the other FE participants.

We have not done this in the past but may do it this cruise.

Tony

We will be on this cruise. First holiday cruise. We will participate in FE if others are starting a list

Never been on DCL for Xmas. Never been anywhere other than home I think!

For FE I'll to see if my wife is interested since she'll be the one doing all the work on that. :cool1:

Never been on DCL for Xmas. Never been anywhere other than home I think!

For FE I'll to see if my wife is interested since she'll be the one doing all the work on that. :cool1:

I'm with jd3ofthem dear, FE will put me over the edge at holiday time. Feel free to do it for us!:lmao:

Is anyone else flying in the night before the cruise? If so, have you looked into transportation options for getting from the hotel to the port?

5by5 said:
Is anyone else flying in the night before the cruise? If so, have you looked into transportation options for getting from the hotel to the port?

I'm flying in the morning of the cruise from Chicago. Am I crazy?

I'm flying in the morning of the cruise from Chicago. Am I crazy?

If you do plan for the unexpected! South Florida has traffic especially Miami! Do plan ahead as much as possible! I live in South Florida and it is a disaster going from point A to point B due to construction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter