12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Samoas, Tagalongs as far as GS cookies go. Only gone through 2 boxes in a few weeks....got to make it last all year.

Lisa - tell Kaitlyn conratulations!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Maybe she can design shirts for the cruise for the kids! :thumbsup2 Sarah had a poem published in 4th grade from a NJ state contest. It is a nice book with lots of poems for the kids to read.

As far as GS cookies, there are two different bakers so it depends which one your council uses as to which cookies you have to sell. We have Thin Mints (my fav! :love: ), Carmel Delights (AKA Samoas), Peanut Butter Patties (AKA Tag alongs), Shortbread, Peanut Butter Sandwiches, Lemon Pastries (low fat, but being replace next year), and two others that are different most years. This year they were some oatmeal bite cookies that I didn't care for and Friendship Circles which were large shortbread cookies with fudge on the back! Yummm!!

edit to add: This year we sold 2508 boxes with no leftovers!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Last year I had quite a few cases to try to get rid of through the spring!

DH was in the ER a few hours ago. (You think I would have been compelled to post this first :rotfl: ) We are putting on an addition and he is helping to put up the siding. Well, the worker tried to move two ladders that had large boards running between them, I guess you would say a make shift platform. Well, one of the boards fell on DH's arm/wrist. He didn't even tell me when it happened! He said it didn't really hurt much and kept working. A few hours later the pain started and he was afraid it might be broken. Luckily it isn't broken, but he came back in intense pain. It is badly bruised, but they say it should be ok in a few days. He says it hurts much worse than when he had open heart surgery in 2004! :confused3 Why do men insist on not getting help when something first happens and wait until the doctor's office is closed?? Anyone?? :lmao:

Golly, Jordan. I thought I was bad buying 12 boxes of those addictive GS cookies. 22 Boxes?? Whoa! Dennis and I polished off half a box of Thin Mints for dessert tonight. YUM!

I finally decided to try photobucket for the pictures that I have on cd. I think I got the gist of it. Here goes!
bb31d394.jpg

If this works, it is Dina last summer BEFORE she cut off the hair on the top of her head!!

Congrats on the Art and Lit award!!!!!!

Oh my, I don't think us Canucks could handle all those choices for GS/GG cookies, lol. But the Shortbread of any kind sound delightful! I am glad all of you had fun listing your favs.

Penny

Alright, I could do this all night! :lmao:

Here is the best picture I could get of the waves we were having. They were a bit bigger in the early am! :sick:

caroline070.jpg

nice waves, Caroline! That is when I would be on deck 4 with my comforter!

Penny

pyramid2000 said:
:confused3 Why do men insist on not getting help when something first happens and wait until the doctor's office is closed?? Anyone?? :lmao:

It's what makes us so stinking loveable! :thumbsup2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter