11am SW flight Buffalo on a Monday morning in March..when should I leave Mississauga?

SandraC

Longs for the feeling of sandy salt water in her k
11am SW flight Buffalo on a Monday morning in March..when should I leave Mississauga?

Mapquest says 1 hours 45 minutes from home to Buffalo airport.

That means driving in rush hour thru Oakville....yuck!

Should we leave super early and have a nice leisurely breakky in NY?

How does this sound:
allow 2.5 driving time to airport
allow 30 minutes to park car
allow extra hour for breakky
allow an hour for security

Leave home at 6am?

Thanks! Sandra

That should be more than enough time unless there's a snow storm.

Yup. That should make for a leisurely trip. I allowed that much time for my recent flight, and I was surprised by how much time I had left over for lunch.

Last time we flew from Buffalo we had a 10am flight so I booked a hotel. As much as I liked the Buffalo hotel, I was SUPER anxious to get my vacation started in Florida.

Unless they call for a bad storm, I'd like to just drive the same day as the flight.

Do you think I'll run into rush hour traffic leaving Mississauga [Winston Churchill and 403-ish] at 6am on a Monday morning?

Thanks! Sandra

I would go earlier than you can hit Denny's for breakfast. Better to be there early than stressed on the highway.

I drive the 403 every morning to work the opposite direction and there is hardly any traffic going Niagara bound.

well your supposed to be there 3 hrs prior, plus your 2 hr driving time, plus a break for breakfast ( we stopped in niagra falls for ours)

so for 11 am flight "I " would be leaving home at 5am, not rush hour yet! but yes 6 am will probably work also.

You don't have to be there 3 hours before since it will not be an international flight.

Mapquest says 1 hours 45 minutes from home to Buffalo airport.

That means driving in rush hour thru Oakville....yuck!

Avoid the QEW through Mississauga - take the 407, it's much easier.

The weather will govern ALL here!

We had a flt last Feb at noon from Buffalo. There had been a snowstorm the night before..we left here (Oakville) at 7 a.m. With the roads and the border and having to park pretty far away in a lot of snow there, wait for the shuttle who then went all over the parking lot to get others..wellll we got to the terminal at 11:30 am. Somehow--though Security was backed up-- we made the flight. Not sure how?!?!

We pretty much always do the night prior in Buffalo...though not this time.:confused3

Coming home...our car (7 days later) was encased in ice. They had had freezing rain..good thing we have remote start and cranked it all up to thaw it enough to open the doors! We sat there for maybe 30 minutes..and then the wipers snapped off. Good thing there was no precipitation and DH drove home without incident.

For us..I am not sure Buffalo flights and Winter are an ideal mix! Just allow plenty of extra time!!

I am chicken...we always go the night before and wander through the Galleria Mall. The last three years in March has been horrible driving.
4 hours last year through that nasty ice storm
3 hours the year before that in freezing rain
just snow the previous year with the skyway being closed.
All the flights every year left the next day almost on time:thumbsup2
I like waking up in the morning knowing that I am only across the street from the airport:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!