11 year old youth clubs

Partyof4LA

Mouseketeer
My daughter will be 11 on our cruise and is eligible for both edge and oceaneer lab/club. At that age, my son very happily stayed at edge the whole time, but my daughter has a more shy personality and I’m not sure Edge will work out for her. I want her to at least try it though because she may be bored with oceaneers. It’s a tough age. Can she register for and go to both? Or does she have to pick one from the get-go and stay with that the whole cruise?

When we went this past March, our 11 year old spent time between both. She'll just need to register for both.

Definitely have her register for both, and visit both during open house before the muster drill on embarkation day. DD has LOVED the clubs since she was three. We went on her last cruise as a 12 year old in February. She planned to spend almost all of her time in there and maybe visit the Edge. After the first night, she asked to just go to the Edge because our cruise was full of toddlers and preschoolera. She said there was no one her age. She had a blast in Edge and is really looking forward to her time there in June.

If possible, really encourage her to go to Edge on the first night of the cruise when they do the get to know you kind of activities and do some planning for what the kids want to do during the cruise.

Definitely have her register for both, and visit both during open house before the muster drill on embarkation day. DD has LOVED the clubs since she was three. We went on her last cruise as a 12 year old in February. She planned to spend almost all of her time in there and maybe visit the Edge. After the first night, she asked to just go to the Edge because our cruise was full of toddlers and preschoolera. She said there was no one her age. She had a blast in Edge and is really looking forward to her time there in June.
Just in April we had the same experience with our son who turned 12 shortly after the cruise. We registered for both but after one time in the Oceaners he spent the rest of the time in Edge.

How do you register for the clubs? When I did online check in they asked a couple questions re the kids club; is that all I need to do? Or do I need to go to the actual club with him on boarding day?

You will get wristband (magicband) when you check in at the port. That is for the Oceaners clubs. For Edge your daughter just needs to go to the Edge club location and check in. (I suggest doing this on the first day and you can see Edge too)They will give her a sticker for her key to the world card. (They divide the kids into two teams and then keep track of points for each team when they do activities).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter