11 year old son/club reservations...

Bo'sMom

DIS Veteran
Do I need to make club reservations for him or is it just a come in when you want kind of thing? I'm confused about how this works. Thanks.

I've got the same question for my 4 yr old and 7 yr old.

The 4 yr old is going to be trial and error. I really don't know how well he's going to take to it. I'm sure the 7 yr old would just live in the clubs if I let her.

I'm afraid to book any of the spa treatments - would love to go for the Rasul bath, but I'm too afraid of my little one crying and not wanting to stay. He's in preschool, so being away from mom is not new to him, but he does not like change and takes awhile to warm up to new environments. With ours just being a 3 day cruise, I don't know if he'll have time to warm up to the staff enough to feel comfortable staying by himself. I guess we'll just have to play it by ear and just go back to the room if we actually end up with alone time during the cruise.

90 days (when your cruise is paid) you can sign your son up for the kids club on line. When on your vacation he can go in whenever he wants to. You can sign him up for "signing out" privledges also.

We haven't been on the cruise yet since they have started the online sign up. Some others will be able to give you better details :)

Deb

In the Club and Lab, you don't really make reservations. Every child on board the ship has a reserved place in the programming. You do need to register to indicate that they will be participating (this doesn't obligate you to a time or anything, just says that they can come). You indicate any allergies, special needs, etc. and give your cabin number and who is authorized to pick up your child (or that an older child can sign himself in or out.)

Currently, you can register on line if you have paid in full for your cruise, you can register at the terminal, or you can register after you board the ship. There is no real advantage to on-line except that it will save you a little time after boarding. You will still need to go to the club or lab to get your ID tag and beeper.

Then, when the child wants to participate, you take them to the appropriate place and sign them in. It takes about 30 seconds to sign in since they are already registered.

At registration you will get a beeper so they can call you if your child wants picked up. You can register when you get there, but it would same time to do it online.

The first night after dinner is a good time to go so they can see if they meet any other kids they might want to hang out with. If they make friends, they tend to want to go back more.

My kids like going in the evenings, and once in a while in the afternoon, but in the mornings they want to be at the pool.

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter