11 night stay but resort is not available on Night 8 -- WWYD? Need ideas.

I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and ideas. I'm finding it all helpful. Still thinking on what we want to do. Tonight I tried to reserve at least our first 7 nights at BCV but the system hung on me, so now I have to wait just to make sure I don't get charged before I try to book again. I tried to call but they don't deal with reservations after 11PM and I was on hold until after then, oops. Not having great luck with this vacay so far, LOL.
Sounds like you're doing a cash reservation thru CRO, not going thru DVC at all.

Since you're not looking at studios, I'm guessing that you will have a lot of kitchen stuff to pack up. I wouldn't want to have to pack it all up a second time. My choice would be to go with 7 nights at BCV and then switch to another resort villa for nights 8-11. You can keep checking back to see if your nights open up at BCV and then change your reservations if they do.

I what I would not try to do is to book nights 1-7 and 9-11 at BCV with the hope of getting night 8 at some point. That's like filling an inside straight in poker. Great if it happens but the likelihood of it happening is small.

Sounds like you're doing a cash reservation thru CRO, not going thru DVC at all.

Since you're not looking at studios, I'm guessing that you will have a lot of kitchen stuff to pack up. I wouldn't want to have to pack it all up a second time. My choice would be to go with 7 nights at BCV and then switch to another resort villa for nights 8-11. You can keep checking back to see if your nights open up at BCV and then change your reservations if they do.

I what I would not try to do is to book nights 1-7 and 9-11 at BCV with the hope of getting night 8 at some point. That's like filling an inside straight in poker. Great if it happens but the likelihood of it happening is small.

Yes, I'm a cash customer, not DVC. :)

I think we may end up doing OKW again for the last nights. I definitely don't want to have to move twice. And yes, we will have fridge food, which will be the biggest issue WRT moving.

We had the same issue last June with a 10 night stay at BCV. I think night 6 was not available, unless we wanted to book it on a cash reservation. So we kept all of our nights, booked night 6 at BWV and wait listed it. Well, it never came through and we had to move out for one night to the BWV and then back to the BCV. It was such a hassle. That was the first time we didnt get our wait list room. It also upset me that they had the room available, but only for cash. I was not forking out $450 for one night when I already pay for DVC. Doing it over again, I would have just stayed at the BWV for the remainder of my vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter