11 AM Arrival - HS or EP?

ehorn

Earning My Ears
We’ll be taking our first trip to WDW in January with our 5-year-old for her birthday. We have three days - two halves and two full days.

We plan to do
HS (.5 days January 4)
MK (1 day Jan 5)
EP (1 day Jan 6)
MK again (.5 days Jan 7 - flight leaves at 5 PM)

We have Genie+ for all days, no park hopper option. We are very early risers and will probably leave the parks by 7 each day.

On our first day, January 4, our flight arrives at 9 AM and we’re hoping to be in the park by 11 AM (uber to Pop, leave the bags at bell services, and then uber to the park). I’ve currently booked park passes and dining for HS, but now I’m thinking that we’re going to be facing long wait times because of the late arrival and that maybe we should switch to Epcot that day? Thoughts?

I have dining reservations for HS and EP already (Hollywood and Vine and Garden Grill), so the biggest hassle would be giving those up and hoping we could rebook.

Any input is appreciated!

Do you have any other character meals lined up for Magic Kingdom days? If not, I'd say keep what you have.

It'll be rough getting to DHS late, but utilize Genie+ to your advantage. Hopefully you're able to get a LL pass right at 7 and you won't be on the plane at that time. I'd recommend Toy story mania, unless she really wants to ride Slinky Dog, but that one the return time will be unpredictable and you have to be quick to grab it. Hopefully you're able to get the ILL$ rides at 7 that day as well, I'd definitely get one for MMRR. Not sure if she'd want to do RotR, but if so, grab that first.

If you can get toy story to overlap 11am, then wait til 11 if you arrive early, get your second LL right at 11, then check into toy story ride and immediately get another LL to replace the one you just used. You should hopefully be able to stagger some rides and shows throughout the day.

Since Epcot has been opening later than DHS for some time now, I'd consider switching those two parks around, as you said, because it really sounds like you won't get to your first park until late morning/early afternoon anyway (flight delays are always a possibility), so it would maximize available time at Epcot as well as at DHS. Hopefully you can switch your character meals around, because for a 5 year old's birthday trip I know they're very important!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter