11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

David,

How funny! We'll all have to paint our youngest child's room lime green (ugh:p )

My husband felt so guilty about taking them that he insisted on buying something while we were there. I think he bought two packs of lightbulbs and a magazine on decks.

He still thinks he is going to figure out how to put a hot tub out on the deck. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks I am giving up any of my cruise money for a hot tub. That can come next year.

I am new to all of this, but 70 - 78 sounds like a lot of people to me.

Keep us updated on all the info.

Hello again - with the money that Dave & I have just given Home Depot on fixing up our house we should be able to empty them out (barb using tammie's email - hey its Fri night - were on our way for chinese drinks! and she told me to do a bunch of bouncie bouncies)
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

good morning everyone - the sun decided to come out today - we've had tons of rain lately - it's still cold (30s) - Jonathan & I are headed to the Mystic Aquarium - gotta see the fishies

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
good morning everyone - the sun decided to come out today - we've had tons of rain lately - it's still cold (30s) - Jonathan & I are headed to the Mystic Aquarium - gotta see the fishies

It's sunny & 80's here in Florida - so warm that many of my neighbors have their air conditioning on already. I refuse to turn ours on - it's too early for me to accept that summer is here! Living down here it's hard to remember so many others ARE in fact having cool/cold weather still! I'm originally from MA, so I remember how dreary this time of year can be up there.

Hope you had fun at the aquarium. I think I visited that once years ago when I lived in Stamford, CT briefly.

Had a nice day at the aquarium. Jonathan was talking about the mini-golf on the drive down. He wants to catch the iguanas! And he's ready to jump in and touch the stingrays. Dont know if I am!

30wks from Sat and we'll be boarding the Magic! Can you tell Ive been ready?

all 4 of my kids have been talking about the mini golf tourney. Alison is working on special prizes for those 8 and under. Alison and I are also working on our wine (Sangria) intake tolerance. We are up to a bottle and half a night. Only practicing on weekends and when we can sleep past 8 am. Figure by the time we get to Cozumel we will be able to handle a glass every 3 or 4 holes. We figure by the time we are done with all 18 holes we won't care who wins. Just point us towards the ship and give us a big push.

ttfn
david

so how are you guys planning on wearing the lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot? think it's possible to punch a hole in the top, put on a key ring and then on a lanyard?

I went to Home Depot yesterday and was able to get 2 of the lime green Mickey's. Hopefully they will order some more. Behr (sp?) had some larger paint sample cards that were about the same size. I thought I could also trace these and cut out extra's if need be. Is anyone smart enough to scan one of these onto this board and then we could just print them out on a color printer or else use lime green construction paper and cut Mickey heads out of these. Poster board may better. It does come in all sorts of colors these days.

We are headed for Disney World on Friday to get the last use out of this years annual passes. It is supposed to be rain snow mix here on Friday. Hopefully no snow in Florida and only Sunshine!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Carla

Hello all from Rochester, land of ice. The storm hit Friday complete with thunder and lightening. We were without power from Fri 2AM to Sat 5PM. The temp in our house got down to balmy 52 degrees. I was sitting next to the fireplace reading my Passporter. I figured warm thoughts of the cruise might make me feel better. It was a lot of fun! I can't complain because there are 80,000 households still without power........ Just glad that we got power in time to watch our SU Orangemen beat the Texas Longhorns! Hoping they can win one more tonight!

I like the hole in the Mickey to attach to lanyard idea! I'll test that out.......

God Bless all of you travelling to someplace warm. Just wish we could join you!

Is it November 8th yet?

I am going wite my name, laminate my lime green Mickey from HD and then punch a hole in it. I think that will work real well.

Sorry to hear about the late storm up North. Sheesh, you poor guys are really getting beat up this year.

Meeting with my t-shirt connection later tonight. Will have a report in the next newsletter.

ttfn
david

he did it! DH did it! Picked up 5 of the lime green Mickey heads at Home Depot today. Did tell me he looked through all of the green paint samples from all the different vendors before he realized it was Disney paint! sheesh didnt think I had to tell him that-lol

do you guys have your waterproof containers yet?

I've been meaning to post on this thread...especially as our November 8th, 2003 cruise is getting closer!:cool:
I didn't read the whole thread yet--will e-mail alisbarc as I would like copies of his newsletters. Not sure yet what we are doing?...
It would be nice to meet some DIS'ers as we didn't do the DVC cruise (too many points for us!).
There are five of us: DH, me, DD-age 6, DS-age 4, DD-14mos.
I need to add a cruise "countdown"...:bounce::jester: :bounce:
Margaret

My thought was to put our names on our Mickey heads, laminate them (the only time I'll be glad to be an officer in the PTO) and then attach pins to the back.

If you want to see a scan on them, there was a post called something like "Who needs lime green ribbons when we can have lime green mickey heads?". It was about 7 - 10 days ago. Someone scanned the paint chips with a dime or quarter for comparison.

I was going to note that it was 7 months to the day until the cruise, but with GMT, my posts are already dating on the 9th. That's my luck, a day late and a dollar short!

Hi Margaret (goofywdw59).

Welcome to our very friendly and Disney Crazy group. I will send you copies of the first two emails. Third is due out soon. Will probably send it out shortly after I send my check to the IRS (yuck) next week.

Hi Disneyeveryyear. I like your idea and thanks for volunteering. I have about 25 of the Lime Green Mickey heads. Send me an email and I will be happy to forward them to you and get you a list of names. You may also consider puunching a hole in them so folks could have the option of pinning them on or wearing them on a lanyard. Would really be cool if we all were in Palos with our lime green Mickey heads around our necks. Wouldn't want to pin them to those pretty silk dresses/tops of a fancy suit.

ttfn
david

I have sent you both e-mails with my snail mail address.

I am more than happy to put them away for now and then when we get closer in say October, I will start putting names on them and getting them laminated. Each person can figure out if they want a pin or hole-punched.

I got my DCL Passporter delivered on Monday (I ordered it last Wednesda from buy.com). It was delivered in 5 days and I did not pay for express delivery. Of course, I did not go to bed Monday night until I had read it (almost) cover to cover. I did pass on the Eastern destinations (for now). What a wealth of information! My DH said he is even going to read it!!!;)

I am still confused about which night in AP will have color show, but I guess that is all based on it not being a "special" night. I'll just have to ask when I make reservations. I think I am planning on passing on Parrot Cay one night, so I guess it shouldn't make much difference. Of course, my DH is determined to eat at the buffet most nights so he doesn't have to get dressed up. This is his vacation (his emphasis, not mine). Maybe DM and I will have to go without him or DD or DS.

hey guys - just so you know, I called it first - nananananana (just kidding, not)
Did you see the latest Cozumel mini-golf thread? We can pick what we want to listen to? Im asking for some Jimmy Buffet cos Im gonna have my cheeseburger in paradise while Im having my boat drinks

Hello everyone - well hope you guys like Jimmy. Cos Sally answered on a different thread that yes she will have Jimmy ready for us on 11/12

Jimmy Buffett's fine with me - I can handle just about anything other than rap or country/western...neither of which go with vacationing in Mexico! Of course, with enough sangria even crappy music wouldn't seem too bad, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter