11/8/03 Western Cruise roll call.... "looking for info from DISers"

For those requesting personalized green Home Depot Mickey Heads, they will be mailed tomorrow or Friday. (Went to Kinko's tonight and forgot two of them - have to get them laminated tomorrow.)

Hope they help!

Two weeks from now, I'll be settling in and looking forward to a day at MK before we board ship.

See you all soon!

OK, I've really settled down to decide what to pack and I have a couple of questions. Where we live, it's already cold, and I'm having trouble thinking that we won't need long pants and long sleeves.

1. If I pack all summer clothes will we REALLY be OK?

2. Will summer PJ's be OK in the stateroom?

3. Do we need jackets of any kind?

In two weeks, we will be getting ready to board the boat!!!!!!!!

MK

::MinnieMo

:sunny: Yes, mkpb you can pack summer clothes and really be ok! Summer pj's in stateroom will be fine (you will have control of the thermostat) and you won't need jackets on the ship. Today, weather channel online is listing temps at 82 - 86 in Key West and Cozumel with humidity in the 60% range so it feels like 95! That is a tad warmer than usual as the range should be 72-82'ish but surely not chilly! It is better than the 120ish heat and humidity we experienced in Key West last July! Looking forward to this more tolerable tourist weather as we saw our first snowflakes on Thursday in New Jersey!

David...we received our (blue) t shirts and documents on the same day. What a surprise to arrive home from work and find your large box and the little doc box nestled together on the porch! What an adrenaline rush... and the mickey head on the front of the shirt is terrific! Thanks for your work on them and providing an option to the lime green...for my conservative DH, DS and "girlfriend."

HELP...regarding DISmeet at 4:30pm...location is a bit generic ...exactly where on deck 10 overlooking deck 9 do we plan to meet? Port or starboard side? Forward just outside the spa, overlooking adult pool, aft- just outside Palo's or midship overlooking the family pool ? Sure, 150 DISers wearing lime green mickey head nametags shouldn't be hard to spot but it is a large deck 10!
I am dusting off my black headband with two mickey heads on bobble wires to help serve as locater antennas...(yes, David, even school administrators can be silly) and if anyone needs some extra cash to pay off those bar bills there are 1196 highschoolers who would pay dearly for a picture of me wearing the bobble mickeys...oops...but I can't tell you where!

I called Vital Statistics in NJ yesterday morning and they said my DH Birth Certificate would be here in 5 days. :D

Now we can take him with us again! Don't you think that deserves something special?

Carla

Hello everyone! This is Johnathan! I am Johnathan's Mom's 7 y/o son. I am getting really excited! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: .

Are there any children out there around my age who would like to talk with me here before we get to meet on the ship in 2 weeks.

I would like to meet some friends before we go!

Is anyone getting as excited as me??

Talk to you soon.

Your friend,
JOHNATHAN
::MickeyMo :earsboy: :crazy: ::MinnieMo :cool:

Sorry about the "generic" location on deck 10. I will defer to those of you who have cruised before to help us choose a place?

What works best?

Beverly

OK Bev...will this help?
I just pulled out my map of the ship from last summer's Western Cruise and it looks like deck 10 midship overlooking Goofy's family pool between the two red stacks would work well. Can't miss the stacks! Midship elevators and steps will deposit us right in the forward stack.

We could start out meeting on the starboard side (the right as the ship moves forward) as everyone enjoys waving to those on shore as the ship passes out of the port. The last piece of land is a campground/beach and is always filled with well wishers as the campers gather their children on the shore to get a glimpse of the Magic as it leaves. It's a neat reminder of how lucky we are to be aboard! Be sure to pack some bubbles as they work fabulously with the wind from sailaway...and the kids (all ages) love them. It has also been sort of a DIStradition.

If everyone shows up we can encircle the entire overlook as the top deck is fully open there. The music for Sailaway party generates from the stage below so we won't miss a thing. Outlook Bar is also nearby just on the forward side of the front stack incase anyone needs a refill on sailaway sips!

Of course, Bev's idea of the Promenade Lounge incase of rain is the perfect plan B.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
That's us...in green...on deck 10!

By request, I am copying one of my posts here:

Each year the children in the Casa Hogar orphanage await their only Christmas presents, those that come from Cozumel. Please take a moment to look at:

http://geocities.com/smallsal/christmas

and consider helping this year.

To those of you who gave last year, many thanks.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel, Mexico

Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
For those requesting personalized green Home Depot Mickey Heads, they will be mailed tomorrow or Friday. (Went to Kinko's tonight and forgot two of them - have to get them laminated tomorrow.)

We received ours today! Thank you so much!

We got our Green Mickey Heads today. A great big Thank You to Beverly for your hard work!! Only 9 more days until we leave...I guess I had better pull out those suitcases!!

Lisa

No problem!!! Glad they got to you.

It's 9 days for us too. I have DD4 pretty well packed and starting to work on DS9. I am amazed how much we have to take with us (I decided not to do laundry). Hope it all fits (or I might have to take 1/2 out and then still do laundry).

See you soon!

My Mickey heads arrived today - thank you, Beverly! Now....how do people plan to wear them??? Safety pin? I'm assuming someone's thought of a cute/creative way that will look better than a safety pin, lol!

6 more days for me - I'll have to pack this weekend.

Originally posted by wdw1972
My Mickey heads arrived today - thank you, Beverly! Now....how do people plan to wear them??? Safety pin? I'm assuming someone's thought of a cute/creative way that will look better than a safety pin, lol!

Hi Sue!
I'm thinking Lanyard....... DCL or we have some from a college
reunion.

Linda A

I was just looking at that sample Navigator from the 10/11 western. I thought that the Golden Mickeys were going to be on the Magic also and not just the Wonder.

Does anyone else know? I was looking forward to seeing a different show this year.:confused:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter