11/22 UPDATEd LIST & CHECK 1st post , Our 5th year of sharing DVC Christmas Tree,

Sent PM- IF a tree is available please let us know. This is a great idea! THis is our 1st DVC stay at AKL DEC 19-26TH

Hi!

This is my first post to the DIS board. I am fascinated by the Christmas Tree thread. I know you have probably explained but I was wondering if you could tell me how it works. We are new DVC members--our first trip Dec. 2007. We will be at AKV Dec. 21-27.

Is there a tree available for our time and what is the process? Thanks so much for your help!

As of now, this is the availability of the AKV tree:
ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS CHRISTMAS TREE LIST
------------------------------------------------
TREE # 1
SamSam Dec. 3rd - Dec. 7th
Sora777 Dec. 8th - Dec.15th
cvrapclark Dec. 15th - Dec. 21st
TTFN Dec. 23rd - Jan. 2nd
wdwstar (donating a tree) jan.4th - jan.8th

Now, you could be on a waitlist, or decide to send a AKV tree number 2, down yourselves!

wdwstar has organized it, and this is the 5th year. I know we shared a tree way back in '03, we had it in the VWL and brought it over to Old Key West. The practice has really grown, thank you so much wdwstar:goodvibes .

A person signs up. The directions for tree pick up will be posted here. The person who sent the tree down has included in it a list of the people who are sharing the tree, and their "real names" and the dates they will be getting the tree. This is usually taped to the outside of the box, and your name is crossed off when you hand it back. In the tree box will be the decorated tree, and very often some little gifts are included. Last year, I sent a tree that stayed at BWV, and someone contacted me because they wanted to include a little something for all of the members who were sharing the tree. That's not a requirement for sharing the tree. However, there is also an envelope for collection of monies toward shipping the tree home, and donations are appreciated. Usually there's a shipping sticker on the tree so you have some idea of what the cost will be to ship the box back.

Do you still have questions?

Bobbi:goodvibes

PS. Welcome to the Dis!!!

I have never participated in this before, but I would really like to if possible. This is our first trip to WDW during the holiday season, and our 3yo DD would love having a tree in our room. We will be at SSR from 11/25-11/30. Please let me know if I can join the list and what I need to do. (Is this too early?!?!) TIA Megansmom You can PM me or email me at jpaolucci@zoomtown.com

thank you jimmytammy for donating a tree to vwl, we now have 4 trees at vwl, if you were on the waitlist for vwl please check out the tree list.

thank you jimmytammy for donating a tree to vwl, we now have 4 trees at vwl, if you were on the waitlist for vwl please check out the tree list.

You are most welcome! And thank you for organizing this again. I only wish we could be there to enjoy, but glad other folks will be able too.

Due to switching resorts (extra family now) can you please remove us from OKW Dec 16-26. Thanks.

Hi All!!

I am ready to start thinking about Christmas!:santa:

First wdwstar, I thought about you while listening to the DIS Podcast and they were talking about how for $400 you can get WDW Florist to deliver a 4ft tree and then ship it to your home.

I thought, OR, you could sign up here!:rotfl:

So thank you wdwstar for being so magical and organizing all of this every year, and it gets bigger and better with each year:wizard:

I cant believe its been 5 years:scared1:

We have a tree to donate to one of our homes AKV, BCV, BWV or SSR. Whichever 1 needs it.

We arrive on Dec 23, but I can ship ahead. Our first resort is AKV and then SSR.

I just sent you a PM. THANK YOU so much for doing this, btw. This has to be quite a task!! I'm so excited to finally be going down at Christmas time and to be able to participate. I've always been admiring the Tree Swap Planners every year - finally it's me!! And I get to share it with my extended family for their first trip ever!!

What a great week. First my BCV 2BR waitlist comes through, and I get to join the Christmas Tree swap. What a great week!

Is it December yet? (Or as I asked at work today - Is it Vacation :30 yet?) The excitement is killing me!!

I want to thank everyone involved in getting this together and donating trees. This will be our first DVC Christmas trip and our boys 3, 5, and 7 mos. will be so excited to know Santa Claus will visit them at Disney because we will have a Christmas tree. I know the decorations at the parks and resorts are nice, but to come "home" with a Christmas tree in your room has to be the best. Again, thanks to everyone involved.

If there still is room could you put us back on the list for OKW Dec 16-26th. A 2 bedrom finally became available!

My family and I will be at VWL from Nov. 30 - Dec. 9 and would love to be able to take part in the sharing of a Christmas tree.

Kelbisch
princess:

Off property '85
Wilderness Lodge '96
VWL '04
VWL '05

We would love to participate! Such a COOL idea!
We will be at SSR Dec. 2-8th. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter