100 Years of Magic Extended?

DemoBri1

Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas
I heard a rumor that the 100 Years of Magic commercial now running states that the celebration is continuing until Feb 28, 2003...Is this true?

This is another that's been around a long time (I know we talked about it in January) and that is very likely to happen, if it's not already set in stone.

Disney did not do their carpet-bomb advertising campaign for the first several months of the celebration... the event whose macabre anniversary we're celebrating would have rendered such a campaign moot. Basically they time-shifted their campaign, and needed to time-shift the event likewise.

-WFH

I just recieved something in the mail today from Disney that says that they did indeed extend the 100 years of magic celebration through February 2003.

With all due respect, and not to detract from anyone else's enjoyment, I for one am looking forward to a visit sometime in the near future to "just plain ol' Walt Disney World." What with the 25th Anniversary, the Millennium Celebration, and the 100 Years of Magic all kind of book-ended up against one another, it seems like it's been mid-1995 since one of these things was not going on! While I have enjoyed the concepts of each of these celebratioins, I'm starting to feel kind of celebrationed-out!

Also, the themes of the celebrations, IMHO, are starting to feel like a bit of a stretch. (101 Years of Magic is next, LOL!! That's priceless!!)

Not to mention, I'm more than a little bit afraid to find out which theme park icon will be permanently marred by WDW's next celebration. Maybe an enourmous tire-swing dangling from the branches of the Tree of Life? ;)

Originally posted by ToddS
With all due respect, and not to detract from anyone else's enjoyment, I for one am looking forward to a visit sometime in the near future to "just plain ol' Walt Disney World." What with the 25th Anniversary, the Millennium Celebration, and the 100 Years of Magic all kind of book-ended up against one another, it seems like it's been mid-1995 since one of these things was not going on! While I have enjoyed the concepts of each of these celebratioins, I'm starting to feel kind of celebrationed-out!

Also, the themes of the celebrations, IMHO, are starting to feel like a bit of a stretch. (101 Years of Magic is next, LOL!! That's priceless!!)

Not to mention, I'm more than a little bit afraid to find out which theme park icon will be permanently marred by WDW's next celebration. Maybe an enourmous tire-swing dangling from the branches of the Tree of Life? ;)

Amen!

The current rumor suggests that the next celebration is going to be "The 50th Anniversary of Theme Parks" to celebrate Disneyland's 50th birthday in 2005 (at WDW???)

This is one rumor I hope turns out false as I am sick of the celebrations also.

Must have had a lot of napkins, cups, plates, etc. with 100 Years on them. Attendance down, didn't go thru the stuff as quick as expected, can't let em go to waste, so extend the celebration ;).

As to having or not having a celebration, seems they are pretty much just advertising gimmicks. I would venture a guess that if they ended the 100 Years celebration tomorrow you wouldn't notice any difference from today. Each celebration brings some new entertainment, of which the good stuff sticks around, celebration or no. Heck, if these 'celebrations' are the only reasons they add new entertainment, heaven help us if they don't have a 'celebration'.

I would venture a guess that if they ended the 100 Years celebration tomorrow you wouldn't notice any difference from today.

I would notice :)

They would no longer have 15,420 different T-Shirts, Hats, glasses, photo albums, slippers, fanny packs, tooth brushes, etc with the 100 Years of Magic logo on them :)

As to having or not having a celebration, seems they are pretty much just advertising gimmicks.
Absolutely!

Heck, if these 'celebrations' are the only reasons they add new entertainment, heaven help us if they don't have a 'celebration'.
I hadn't thought of it that way, but wow, that's a great point as well! I'd have to think twice about not wanting to see a new "celebration" if celebrations were the only reason that any improvements were made to the parks!

I heard that "101 Years of Magic" is coming, but it's being released directly to video. ;)

They would no longer have 15,420 different T-Shirts, Hats, glasses, photo albums, slippers, fanny packs, tooth brushes, etc with the 100 Years of Magic logo on them

Good point, but I don't pay any attention to that crap anyway ;). Other than that..........

Or "82 Years of Magic......and 18 of Eisner".

I guess that really wouldn't be a celebration, but it'd be truth in advertising!

Redcon1

How about the "Eisner is History" celebration....they could create a new parade with the theme music being a unique twist on "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" And they could put new signs at the Tiki Room..."Under new management....for real!"

Okay, I think that's a celebration many on this board look forward too....not that it will ever actually make its way to WDW!

Oh, and if they deface the Tree of Life I may never return to AK!

There may be a whole lot of truth to the statement that they probably have way too many 100 Years plates, napkins, cups, bags, t-shirts, etc... still left.....and that's really why the celebration continues.

I overheard three southern gals on a WDW bus last May. One said to the others, "Walt Disney World wasn't as big 100 years ago when it opened as it is now."
:teeth: :crazy:

Wow!! Didn't know I was opening a door to Cynic/Snide 101 here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter