$100 Per Person OBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

downtick

Mouseketeer
I know there is a letter floating around from disney offering the $100OBC per person. I called disney to add it to my booking, however they said all they need is the code on the letter to apply. Can anyone please help me and share the code they received in their letter? I would be ever so greatful! I am booked on the 10 night med on may 5, 2010.

thank you!!

I know there is a letter floating around from disney offering the $100OBC per person. I called disney to add it to my booking, however they said all they need is the code on the letter to apply. Can anyone please help me and share the code they received in their letter? I would be ever so greatful! I am booked on the 10 night med on may 5, 2010.

thank you!!

I am not 100% sure on this but I thought the letter was sent to those who were supposed to get the $100 OBC....it was based on when you booked the cruise. I didn't think it was a OBC that anyone could get who is on a med cruise. Also don't know if there was a code if it was specific to individuals. I threw my letter out as I cancelled my cruise so I can't check it.

MJ

My TA said that it was only sent to some guests; not sure how some got lucky and some didn't. I looked at my letter--there's no code on it.

I also just checked the Board guidelines on Disney codes so I will post that here as I believe this falls into those parameters.

11. DISCOUNT CODES: As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.

MJ

We got one of those letters. Unfortunately we're going to have to cancel or transfer that cruise (the WB TA). I wonder if the credits will transfer? That'd be a nice surprise!

ok, forget about the code part..these letters I am told are just generic form letters without any code on them..if anyone has one of these letters without a promo code and would like to share it, please let me know...would be very much appreciated!!

thank you!

ok, forget about the code part..these letters I am told are just generic form letters without any code on them..if anyone has one of these letters without a promo code and would like to share it, please let me know...would be very much appreciated!!

thank you!

As mentioned here and on another thread, the $100/pp OBC is for people who booked their cruises before a particular date. You said you booked the May 2010 Med cruise yesterday, and you got the kids sail free applied to your booking "after a hard time on the phone." This OBC doesn't apply to you - sorry!

I know, but anything can be done on the phone with a little effort, for example I got the KFO offer for a cat 12 yesterday when it clearly states cat 12 does not qualify...saved me $1000. i just have to try, i will get it eventually.

thank you!

The letters were sent out to those who had already been given the extra OBC. It was simply a notification. Even if you were able to get a letter it wouldn't allow you to get the OBC as your reservation is not eligible.

I know, but anything can be done on the phone with a little effort, for example I got the KFO offer for a cat 12 yesterday when it clearly states cat 12 does not qualify...saved me $1000. i just have to try, i will get it eventually.
So you will keep badgering DCL until they get tired of you and give you the OBC?

i got off with disney a little while ago and they said the OBC for $100 is not available for the KFO offer...i know it is though...i said i have friends with KFO offer and got the $100 credit per person..they told me if they can find someone with the KFO offer that did receive the $100 OBC, they will honor it for me as well...i am not going to ask anyone for their reservation info by any means, but i am going to say that it is possible for me to get it and eventually I will....

haha, not all the time, like once a week i will give it a try...nothing to loose.

i got off with disney a little while ago and they said the OBC for $100 is not available for the KFO offer...i know it is though...i said i have friends with KFO offer and got the $100 credit per person..they told me if they can find someone with the KFO offer that did receive the $100 OBC, they will honor it for me as well...i am not going to ask anyone for their reservation info by any means, but i am going to say that it is possible for me to get it and eventually I will....

Wow, just...wow! It isn't available for anyone who booked beyond a certain cut-off date so it doesn't apply to your reservation. Please don't badger them.

I haven't seen the letter yet, it went straight to my TA and I haven't picked it up yet.

She said it says in the letter that the credit was for those who booked their Med cruise before November 27/2009 (so like a thank you for booking early!) :thumbsup2

There was a fellow (a while ago) who got gently reamed for asking if his refill mug is good from cruise to cruise.....

We are all thinking it so I'll say it: Why did you book the cruise if the discount you're not eligible for is so essential? It's nice to get discounts (I'd LOVE one..or two...or more) but I'm going with or without 'em.....

:confused3

that being said, good luck with your discounts and enjoy your cruise.

The sqweeky wheel gets the grease!

I'll pester anyone I have to to get a discount or incentive of some sort. If you don't ask, someone else will. No harm in that.

I once used internet gambling codes for each of my family members when they were very generous and lucrative (and easy to cash in)many years back...

I say use the system to the hilt if it benefits you. Disney charges enough as it is.:)

haha, not all the time, like once a week i will give it a try...nothing to loose.

Not for nothing, but I find this a little annoying. Im in the middle of calling once a week (after having sent medical documentation) to have my dinner seating changed to first seating due to a medical issue with my husband. I keep getting the old "theres no room, we cant, call back" Im not overly impressed with that, I would think since they have the medical information, its a legitimate need, they just do it. Im being nice, Im trying not to be the witchy type, but really, its like you think just because you keep pestering them you deserve it? I guess I dont understand that mindset of being the "squeaky wheel" when its something that isnt really *necessary.

That wouldn't be nice to badger them :(

You could probably get better results if you just asked - JMHO :rolleyes1

That wouldn't be nice to badger them :(

You could probably get better results if you just asked - JMHO :rolleyes1

The OP got the kids sail free promotion in conjunction with an already deeply-discounted cabin on one of the May 2010 Med cruises. (That offer was NOT supposed to be combined with the cat. 12 cabins.) Now he wants to get the $100/pp OBC for a cruise that was booked yesterday, when the OBC is intended for people who booked before the end of November 2009.

It's one thing to be a "squeaky wheel" when you want something that is rightfully yours. That's NOT the case here. I call that kind of squeaking "cheating."

The internet sure has changed things. Everyone loves to get the best deal possible but I think sometimes hearing about all the deals and pixie dust other people receive creates a sense of entitlement for everyone.

I hope DCL does the right thing.:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!