100 Days of Tiaras and Tutus: A Princess Half PTR updtd 2/17 Leaving tomorrow!

You're a margarita girl! I did not know that about you! You are my kindred!!!! :lmao:

I love how committed you are to your running goals. You're awesome.

Hooray for ice baths and Mickey Mail! :woohoo: I forget, do you have a foam roller? That really helps the IT Band a LOT.
I do have a foam roller and I need to use it more often. My knee has been doing a lot better. I know I need to buy a Stick for the race. I am thinking the smaller one (travel size), and possibly getting it at the Expo. I tried ordering from road runner sports and they are out right now.

Wow, those drinks sure do look good...I never got my slushie on this trip in France. So sad. That Pomegranate Margarita looks mighty tasty too! There's another in Italy I've heard about...I think it's called a bellini? Something about peach and champagne. I may need you to do some research for me! :thumbsup2

Hmmm. . .Now you have me wondering what else I should get. . .

Lots of good plans here! :)

Thanks!

You're a margarita girl! I did not know that about you! You are my kindred!!!! :lmao:

I'm also a tequila girl, but it has to be the good stuff. Either 1800 or Patron. Nothing cheap, or I get ill.

I love how committed you are to your running goals. You're awesome.

Thanks, Kat!

Today my ticker said this:

1C9659A5-1830-4708-B4B9-3E5BE296ACBB-4344-0000062EC5ADCB44.jpg

My boss approved my time off today, and I am so glad that tomorrow I'll be in the fabulous teens. I have one more long run--a 14 mile run--and then I'll begin to taper off.

Saturday, I ran this:

D946C6C7-E702-4A4B-BED3-95A3CC3A9244-4344-0000062EB37E0699.jpg

and then, Sunday I decided to run again.

Mistake.

Just because I think I could have run more on Saturday does not mean I will do it on Sunday.

I ran 3.57 on Sunday.

I also got this in the mail this weekend:

3B3CF17D-CBAF-4FA5-8253-54BB947EA868-4344-0000062EAB587489.jpg

This is the race that started it all, and I will definitely be doing this one, as well.

Finally, I decided for a change in my half marathon outfit. What was it?

I'll give you all a hint:

D112C949-29A4-4A4E-B152-9FE6FA458E29-4344-0000062E9852AB8C.jpg

This is me trying it on after a run:

2C4AC8F0-FF10-4A2C-8299-47539FAF2E69-4344-0000062E8C57CA15.jpg

And this is the outfit:

163FB95D-34F7-4564-8BFE-C2B7A20339C4-4344-0000062EC1137808.jpg

I'm really excited about my Sparkle Tech skirt.

I do have a few changes to my schedule, too. First of all, after talking to a friend of mine who runs a LOT of races, I know it's a bad idea to drink before the races. I am totally off all alcohol until after the races. Now, after I cross that finish line, I'm walking straight into Epcot for a drink, but for now, and for some time, I can't afford to slow down my metabolism.

I have two race days, and I'll start with the 5K. This is the tutu-emblazoned race, with tiara. I am walking every step with my friend Nicole (Tink) and I'm excited I'm doing this with her. This race was part of a Christmas present from my husband (who gets race registrations for Christmas?). After the race, I'm going to take the day slow, with perhaps one show in Hollywood Studios. Then, I'll have an early dinner at Teppan Edo with Nikki, and I'll turn in very early. I will be rolling my knee with my foam roller and will be KT Taping my knee overnight.

I have to go to bed by 8pm that night and I fully intend to. I want to take it easy, but I also don't want to do my normal laying down and taking a nap midday. It's possible that I'll take a trip to the hot tub that day and I definitely will be staying in the Epcot resort area. I'm glad we are staying in that area, because it makes it so much easier to take it easy that day. I'm also glad that I have to get up so early for the 5K, because it will force me to get in bed early that night.

Coming up. . .out and about. . .at 3am?!?

Good job on your 12.5-miler. STICK TO YOUR TRAINING PLAN YOUNG LADY!! I don't want to see you wipe yourself out before the half. :thumbsup2

Ahhh you're in the TEEENS! How exciting! I'm so jealous.

LOVE the SparkleTech - super cute pattern. Are you planning on taking it out for a test run before the race? I wore SparkleTechs for the half and full and they were awesome! My only problem with them is when I try to put my phone in the pockets...if I put it in the waistband pocket the waistband feels like it's coming down, and if I put it in a side pocket it feels like the skirt is falling down. So you may want to experiment with that if you plan on running with your phone. :thumbsup2

It's almost heeeeeeere! :yay:

So exciting! I love the new sparkle skirt. And so excited for you and Tink to do the 5K together. You're going to love it! :goodvibes

Good job on your 12.5-miler. STICK TO YOUR TRAINING PLAN YOUNG LADY!! I don't want to see you wipe yourself out before the half. :thumbsup2

You are so right. My bad.

Ahhh you're in the TEEENS! How exciting! I'm so jealous.

I remember thinking that about you recently!

LOVE the SparkleTech - super cute pattern. Are you planning on taking it out for a test run before the race? I wore SparkleTechs for the half and full and they were awesome! My only problem with them is when I try to put my phone in the pockets...if I put it in the waistband pocket the waistband feels like it's coming down, and if I put it in a side pocket it feels like the skirt is falling down. So you may want to experiment with that if you plan on running with your phone. :thumbsup2

I am taking it for the 14 mile run next weekend.

It's almost heeeeeeere! :yay:

:cool1:

So exciting! I love the new sparkle skirt. And so excited for you and Tink to do the 5K together. You're going to love it! :goodvibes

Thanks! I wish you were there, but we will be certain to do it with you and Legomom in mind.

Aw, shucks. :blush:

I'll be there in spirit! And if I didn't have a bum knee right now, I'd totally walk it "with" you from home. :goodvibes

Aw, shucks. :blush:

I'll be there in spirit! And if I didn't have a bum knee right now, I'd totally walk it "with" you from home. :goodvibes

Aw, thanks, Kat! I hope you are on the mend, and I'm super excited that your knee wasn't as bad as you thought. But stick to your recovery therapy, lady!

I wake up this morning to a beautiful site on my phone:

D89950B5-A236-4BEB-A250-AE9484B6C317-1706-0000013F203DFB3C_zps396d31f1.jpg

Two weeks, baby!

I am really excited about that! It's been chilly here for the last few days, but the warm days apparently have all of the daffodils confused:

0AE4BC21-8356-4D76-BC9D-D4E95D1FBAB8-1706-0000013E744DF399_zps5b91a07c.jpg

I have noticed that it looks like it might be warmer in Florida. That's good in one way, but not so in another. I keep being reminded of my failed 10-miler because it was too hot. I keep telling myself that it will be okay, it will be cooler in the morning. I keep psyching myself out though. Ugh.

For some reason this week, I started looking at flights out of Raleigh and noticed that a round trip flight with Southwest is around $200. Honestly, I can't drive for $200. I just cannot. So, I booked a flight.

Only problem with that? I've never flown.

Never ever ever ever.

I've been reading up on it all. Out of Raleigh seems pretty simple. We've dropped of people to the Southwest check in there, and it's all right there at the door. Southwest and Airtran have their own terminal there, which is really old, but simple.

MCO, on the other hand. . .holy cow! They have their own monorail?!?

At least I don't have a layover there. I picked direct flights because all of the ones with stops look like the layover is in Atlanta. And honestly. . .Atlanta? If I'm freaking out about MCO, what would my reaction be to Atlanta?!?

Notice, I'm not feeling fear of flying. I'm feeling fear of not knowing where to go and what to do at the airports.

Training is going well. This week was a short run week with Magic Mile and I did this:

E853EC8B-A395-40DE-A861-425DB69B9DFC-1706-0000013E99832CA3_zps647a9ff3.jpg

I'm thinking a 16 minute mile will not be difficult.

I've had running related nightmares that I have to get over.

Oh, and this week, I registered for the race that started the whole thing:

EADA4931-A08A-4171-AB24-A9C4B2ADB7A2-1706-0000013E82F8BB93_zps6d1cb7da.jpg

So, now, this is my running lineup for 2013:

Feb 23--Royal Family 5K
Feb 24--Princess Half Marathon
Mar 16--McLeod Sports Medicine 10K
Apr 6--Cooper River Bridge Run
Apr 28--Divas Half Marathon
Oct 20--Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon

DH and I are also ramping up all of our full body training with p90X. I'll be starting it when I get back from Florida.

Wow you have a lot of running to do! That is seriously amazing, good for you! MCO really isn't too bad. There are signs everywhere to help you go where you need to, but I can understand why you would be nervous about it. 2 weeks to go! So exciting!

Run, Amanda...run!!!!

Wow, I'm so proud of you for flying. And navigating MCO is super easy. You'll be just fine, don't worry!

Wow you have a lot of running to do! That is seriously amazing, good for you! MCO really isn't too bad. There are signs everywhere to help you go where you need to, but I can understand why you would be nervous about it. 2 weeks to go! So exciting!

Thanks! I am very excited. I am trying to decide what I am going to pack again. I'm thinking of packing two suitcases just because I can.

Run, Amanda...run!!!!

Wow, I'm so proud of you for flying. And navigating MCO is super easy. You'll be just fine, don't worry!

Aw, Thanks, TK!

Now that I've read your entire thread, I am joining in. My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon before I turn 30, which is only 3 years away :(

I may have to check about the Myrtle Beach mini-marathon. That would be a nice weekend trip.

Now that I've read your entire thread, I am joining in. My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon before I turn 30, which is only 3 years away :(

I may have to check about the Myrtle Beach mini-marathon. That would be a nice weekend trip.

:banana: Glad to have you! Just so you know, I'm less than 2 years away from 40! :eek:

The MB Mini is awesome. Information about it is here and the weather is still pretty nice that weekend!

http://www.runmyrtlebeach.com/Home.htm

I've talked a lot about how this is to be a trip of firsts.

My first first is the fact that one week from today, I will be flying to Florida. And when I say flying to Florida, remember I mean I have never in my life flown before. One might ask how a woman pushing 40 could have never flown before now, but the simple answer is that I've never had a reason to until now. And frankly, if gas prices weren't skyrocketing at the same time that flight prices were going down, I certainly wouldn't be flying. I'd still be driving.

I booked one night at POP Century on Sunday. I have a 7:10 am Southwest flight out of Raleigh-Durham on Sunday morning. Friday, even though I had been sweating it for a couple of days, my Magical Express mail came in:

A06E7591-F552-49F2-8393-73DA1A71AA76-5750-00000743C04736A0_zpsfb193bcb.jpg

CFED2370-507A-4695-AD77-345E2362DAFC-5750-00000743C93CE7BD_zps2c041da8.jpg

Sunday I plan to just take it easy at Pop Century, do a little shopping in Downtown Disney, and take a good nap, because with the flight leaving at the time it is, I don't know what I'm sleeping much the night before. The next morning, I have to move over to Coronado Springs. I'm taking a cab over there, and hope there are some available at POP that morning. Either way, I'm not planning on leaving early from POP or worrying about rope drop (yes, that was me that typed that).

On the trip between CSR and BWV, I'm also going to probably take a taxi, just for convenience. Which reminds me--I need to talk to Nikki about whether or not she wants me to just check in that morning at BWV. . .hmm. . .

In running news, I ran my last long run yesterday--14 miles. I was completely wiped at the end. I did not feel well when I started and then was completely shoved off the road by an idiot who has no concept of the rules of the road (ie--pedestrians have the right-of-way). I taped up my knee. . .

7FB262EA-82AC-429A-BEB7-91198E8A4C38-6093-0000085A6945935D_zps608cf839.jpg

Although not serious, I did have some IT band pain in the run, and decided that this is my only run this week. I'm resting my legs and starting P90x with my husband, but not doing the legs workout. That day, I'm just going to walk.

I did take some pictures on my last run.

363F881C-B678-4E7C-9212-735C4B9EF404-6093-0000085A6FFE7EDE_zps5d34e2ce.jpg

2750E2DB-DADE-488B-B1BB-A9E5BA2859B5-6093-0000085A7D468E2E_zpsd780619e.jpg

My favorite little road to run on, although it's pretty short. It's newly paved, so it's really smooth, but can be pretty hot as well.

34001232-5435-4B2A-985D-FC6A1B62BCBC-6093-0000085A8B6ACA5F_zps0c0b01c2.jpg

The Mill Pond, which was right at the halfway point of the run.

So, the next time you all see me, it will be right before I leave!!!

If I'm leaving at 2 am, is it really tomorrow or tonight?!?

Either way, this morning, I woke up to this:

8BB38CB6-2C53-4D10-A2EC-1FF2D8A7EB32-11395-00001488D163ED0C_zpsb1463655.jpg

:banana:

Followed by this:

2D9A66A7-D138-4B93-AE64-4AB6A41284F9-11395-00001488D68871F9_zps7eee8280.jpg

Apparently, this is good, but having never flown, I don't know.

The only wrench in the plans?

IMG_06911_zps41123de9.png

Yeah, yeah, yeah, my Northern friends. That's nothing as far as snow goes. But down here, it can be disaster. We really don't have snow plows stationed outside of the mountains. Roads ice up quickly. I'm glad my husband is driving, and we are going to make sure we take it slow on the way up so I can fly down.

When I see you all again, I'll be home! With a couple of medals!

We were shopping in Charlotte yesterday and the weather was crazy!! Hope you made it out safe. What app did you use for your countdown?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter