Leopardchucks

Riff Raff, Street Rat
Hello all!

I'm very much looking forward to any feedback and advice y'all may have for me. This will be my first ever trip to WDW, but I've been to DLR like a million times. :smooth:

I have been tinkering with my schedule for the past few months and my FP+ window is rapidly approaching. I won't be booking my initial FP's since it is a service my vacation coordinator has offered to do it for me. (Those Disney travel agents are just amazing!!!) Changes may happen based on the advice I receive here.

Im very interested in hearing input from all you DIS veterans!! Thank you in advance!

BASICS
*2 adults
* 10 day park hopper + tickets
* hard tix for MVMCP
* staying on Property
* arrive Nov. 7 (early morning) -staying at All Star Sports
*Nov. 16 check into Polynesian (club level)
* depart Nov. 19

Day One
*arrive early via ME
* non park day
* Explore Disney Springs
* experience Star Wars Void

Other possibilities:
* Typhoon Lagoon
*Character Warehouse trip

Day Two
* Thursday
* Magic Kingdom day (closing at 6 for Xmas party)
* FPs
- Mine Train
- Peter Pan
- Space Mountain

*may hop parks after 6
* maybe swim
* maybe explore other resorts

Day Three
* Friday
* Epcot day
*FPs
-Test Track
- Mission Space (can I choose green or orange in advance?)
- Spaceship Earth

* "Drink around the World"

Day Four
*Saturday
* non park day

* Typhoon Lagoon or Mini golf in am
* Monorail Pub Crawl rest of day

Day Five
* Sunday
* seek out best bloody marys

* HS day (pm)
*FPs
- Slinky Dog

- Tower of Terror
- Rockin Rollercoaster

* ADR for Sci Fi Dine in @ 6:50pm

Day Six
* Monday
*AK day
*FPs
-FOP
-Everest
-Dinosaur

* possible park hop, but definitely returning to see Pandora at night

Day Seven
* Tuesday
*Epcot day (Extra Magic Hours until 11 pm)
*FPs
-Frozen
-Nemo
-Journey into Imagination

(Im a little iffy about this. I know I want to hang out at Epcot a lot, but Im wondering if FOP is worth the FPs again and I can just try to ride Frozen on the fly?? Of course the FPs for Nemo and Figment are just getting booked for the sake of booking. lol)

Day Eight
*Wednesday
*possible mini golf/Typhoon Lagoon in am
* Magic Kingdom day(PM) (Extra Magic Hours until 11pm)

*FPs
-Mine Train
-Big Thunder
-Splash Mountain

Day Nine
* Thursday
* HS day

*FPs
-Alien Swirling Saucers
-Tower of Terror
-Rockin' Rollercoaster

(Another iffy selection day... I want to be sure I get to ride the Saucers at some point during the trip, but Im wondering if I should be booking another FOP? lol If its as great as everyone says it is, shouldn't I be trying to ride it as mush as possible? Are the Saucers pretty easy to do in the evening?...Im contemplating booking FOP and then then spending the rest of the day at HS...is this silly?)

Day Ten
* Friday
* free morning (explore, sleep, swim, whatever)
*Hard ticket park day for MVMCP (pm)

*FPs
(Im not quite sure how this part works.lol)

Day Eleven
*Saturday
*check into Polynesian Club Level
*volcano pool
*Torch Lighting Ceremony
*Trader Sam's

Since we wont be using a hopper day for the Xmas party day prior, we will have 3 "extra" FPs to burn on this day. I havent quite figured out where to use them. Im thinking AK for Navi River and the safari since we will have spent the whole previous evening at MK...
Suggestions?

Day Twelve
*Sunday (last park day)
*:bday: (Mickey Mouse and I will both celebrate our birthdays today!!)
*Magic Kingdom day

* FPs- Mickey meet n greet
-Peter Pan
- Enchanted Tales w/ Belle

*ADR for 5:30 pm @ Cinderella's Royal Table

*definitely stay for Fireworks and "Kiss goodnight"

It should be noted that my BF prefers to be pretty spontaneous and Im a big time planner. Ive tried to leave quite a bit of "free" time where we can be flexible (hence only 2 ADRs).
Im VERY VERY interested in doing a tour (probably Marceline or KTTK) on one of these mornings. Any suggestions about that are extremely welcome. I am planning on doing the tour solo.

THank you for reading this far.
Ive put quite a bit of thought into these plans and before I set those FPs in stone (like 3 days away!!) I'd like to hear some feedback.

NOvember can not come fast enough!!!

This sounds like a great plan! I read your other post about the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour, it sounds like you would enjoy it! I am planning to do this tour in June 2019 with my family. Are you doing the Luau? Although I have found that with club level stays, there's plenty to eat in the lounge.
On day 11, I would use FP at Epcot - maybe Soarin. the closeness of the Poly to the monorail, you might want to enjoy the monorail parks. I get sick of bus trips after a few days at Disney lol. Also your Poly days you might want to take the monorail to the Grand Floridian and Contemporary and walk around the grounds and check out the shops.
I hope you post a trip summary, I would love to read it!

On Day Two, do you plan to rope drop Magic Kingdom?

If so, I'd recommend doing Peter Pan at rope drop, and save the FP for something else.

This is because with FP, you'll skip the Peter Pan interactive queue, which is a feature that Peter Pan at Disneyland doesn't have. I think you would probably enjoy it.

This sounds like a great plan! I read your other post about the Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour, it sounds like you would enjoy it! I am planning to do this tour in June 2019 with my family.

Sadly, my TA was unable to get me those tour tix. He was pretty irritated because he had called and a CM told him there "was plenty of room", but in the 24 hour period it took him to confirm my preferred payment options, there was suddenly NOTHING available. Not on my preferred day; not on ANY day during my entire trip. Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed. I've got my fingers crossed there might be some cancellations when it gets closer to the date.

Are you doing the Luau? Although I have found that with club level stays, there's plenty to eat in the lounge.

Naw. No luau for us. My bf grew up in Hawaii. The luau doesn't really appeal to us. We are looking forward to all the snacks and beer in the lounge though!

On day 11, I would use FP at Epcot - maybe Soarin. the closeness of the Poly to the monorail, you might want to enjoy the monorail parks. I get sick of bus trips after a few days at Disney lol. Also your Poly days you might want to take the monorail to the Grand Floridian and Contemporary and walk around the grounds and check out the shops.
I hope you post a trip summary, I would love to read it!

I've been on Soarin' in DCA many times. I'm sure we will ride it at one point during this trip, but it's not a big priority. The EPCOT tier system made it kinda difficult to choose our FP's. So I picked the 2 tier one rides that are exclusive to WDW.
Day 11 ended up being another Pandora night. Gonna explore the resort and ride FOP that night. Probably spend the evening watching fireworks from the lounge, maybe the beach. Those are great suggestions! We will definitely be adventuring to many of the resorts. The giant Mary Blair mural in the Contemporary is one of my "must-sees".

I think I will indeed be writing a trip report! Thank you for your encouragement. :)

On Day Two, do you plan to rope drop Magic Kingdom?

If so, I'd recommend doing Peter Pan at rope drop, and save the FP for something else.

This is because with FP, you'll skip the Peter Pan interactive queue, which is a feature that Peter Pan at Disneyland doesn't have. I think you would probably enjoy it.

Yes! I totally plan to do my first rope drop on day 2. :teeth:
I think I might check out that queue and ALSO use the FP for Peter Pan. It's a classic, so I'll be glad to experience it several times. :tinker:

I appreciate the feedback. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!