10/14 - 10/18 Quick trip - quick reviews!

DisneyFan09

DIS Veteran
This was a quick trip with a friend from work. No kids, no dh's. I have to add that there is not much that I won't eat so my reviews are pretty fair.

Thurs. 10/14 - Chef Mickey's

This is a first night favorite, but it wasn't the same without kids.
The food was just okay. Parmesan potatoes were wonderful, but nothing else really tasted very good to me. I didn't think there was very much on the salad side and the few things that I did try were disgusting!! I know this is a favorite of many, but I'm not sure that I would spend that much again on mashed potatoes and dessert!!

Fri. 10/15 - Lunch at Columbia Harbor House

This lunch was included in our Keys to Kingdom Tour which I highly recommend!! Plus, we got rained on a little so everyone got a free poncho!!

I had the Starboard Deck sandwich and cup of clam chowder. My sandwich was wonderful, I wasn't sure I'd like the broccoli slaw on a sandwich but I did. The clam chowder was also very good.

My friend had the Garden Galley Salad and raved about it until the last bite!! I don't think you can find better counter service in all of WDW!!

Fri. 10/15 - Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table

I wish we had done lunch here instead of dinner (except I would've missed my wonderful sandwich) because I think the lunch menu had much more to offer at much more reasonable prices.

I had the "Airline Chicken" and substituted mashed potatoes for the bread pudding (I have no idea why I did that) and all I can say is waaaaaay overpriced for something that tasted like a tv dinner. This was my worst meal. We should've gotten up and left when we met our waiter, he really should've been working at the Haunted Mansion!

By the way, my friend ordered the pork tenderloin with baked pasta and loved it. Darn it, I always order the wrong thing.

Saturday 10/16 - lunch at Le Cellier

Can I just say that I love this place!! We had cheese soup to start, along with the wonderful pretzel bread sticks. I had a huge craving for a burger and fries so that's what I got. But this wasn't any ole burger and fries, after all this was LeCellier!! I don't think I've ever had a better burger, and for 9.99 this was the best value meal of the trip.

My friend had the Grilled Portabello and Sweet Potato stack and said it was incredible!!

Saturday 10/16 - dinner Food and Wine Festival

Mostly had dessert!! Rice cream and and the macademia nut tart (I can't remember what country the tart was from, but the sauce that it was on was heavenly!!)

Sunday 10/17 - lunch at Tusker House

I had the Fried Chicken Sandwich and my friend had the salmon. We ate outside and listened to the drummers, it was wonderful! I take back what I said about CHH, this is the best counter service in all of WDW!

Sunday 10/17 - dinner at Boma

All I can say is WOW!! I loved this place and loved AKL, in fact I think I have to stay there next time. I should've written down all of the interesting things I ate because now I don't remember them. It was so much fun trying things that I would never have had the opportunity to try! And you should've seen our dessert plates! We used the big ones and filled them to overflowing but ate every last bite!! I highly recommend this restaurant, it was wonderful.

Monday 10/18 - breakfast at Kona Cafe

I had planned on getting the banana pecan pancakes but they have been replaced by pineapple macadamia nut pancakes. I was very hesitant to try them but oh my they were wonderful. I asked for my pinapple on the side which worked out great. They also came with choice of meat and I chose ham, boy was I surprised to see the huge slab of meat they served me!!

My friend had eggs benedict and she said it was very good.

Monday 10/18 - lunch at Earl of Sandwich

We got sandwiches to take with us to the airport, so by the time we ate them they were no longer very warm but they were very very good and I love the bread. I had the one that had Turkey and apple smoked bacon!

That's it except for a few snacks here and there. I guess this turned out to be not so quick!! I should add that everywhere we went, except for CRT, we had great service.

Thanks for those reviews, DisneyFan09. You ate at some of my favourite places. I have to agree with you that the food at Chef Mickey's was just okay, but not fabulous. I'm looking forward to trying Earl of Sandwich on our next trip, too.

Enjoyed your reviews.

I've never tried the burger at Le Cellier but DS2 has and it does look great.

We enjoy lunch at CRT but have to agree about the menu and prices at dinner.

Great Reviews

Did you feel "funny" eating at Chef Mickey's w/o kids. I wanted to go in Dec. but there will be no kids with us and the characters usually entertain the kids more then me. Thanks

We will be there in a few weeks and will be eating at a few of your choices too. We are staying at AKL so really want to try Boma. Also trying Le Cellier, I just have to get the Cheese Soup.
(I'm a sucker for anything cheesey!!)

Thanks for the great reviews!:wave: :wave:

Originally posted by MikeWazowski
Great Reviews

Did you feel "funny" eating at Chef Mickey's w/o kids. I wanted to go in Dec. but there will be no kids with us and the characters usually entertain the kids more then me. Thanks

I don't think I felt funny w/o kids, it was just different for me! The characters were great though, they would just walk by the table and wave or maybe stop for a quick picture or to "say" something funny. They were great about not putting you on the spot! I saw a lot of tables with all adults and they seemed to put us toward the back of the restaurant away from all of the craziness. I'm sure you'll have fun!

Originally posted by BCV23
Enjoyed your reviews.

I've never tried the burger at Le Cellier but DS2 has and it does look great.

We enjoy lunch at CRT but have to agree about the menu and prices at dinner.
[/QUOTE

The menu says that it's a steak burger and that is exactly what it tasted like. I had mine with blue cheese and canadian bacon and did I mention the bun, it was almost like an english muffin only much fatter. It was out of this world!!

I have to agree with you about CRT. We have eaten there several times and every time we eat there the atmosphere wears off a little more and we realize how overpriced the food is. I really think it's sad. Disney obviously has the ability to serve wonderful food, just look at some of their other restaurants. Of all the places, this one should be the most impressive both in atmosphere AND in the quality of the food considering it is the representation of the entire World. But is certainly falls short. They should really consider a new chef for CRT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter