10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

Can I ask why you moved from Movies to Music?

Thanks for the heads up.... I should have thought to play with the dates as that is how I got what I needed for our Nov. trip.
It is coming up with a 5 night minimum for me. But I can book and then shorten the stay. I only want the weekend.
Thanks!!!
Glad to hear you got what you wanted :).

Disney has released hours for Magic Kingdom on 10/1, and I am surprised!

9AM to 9PM

I thought if there would be a late night, that would be the night to have one! Of course, things could change as we get closer, so we shall see.
I would say very little chance they stick with a 9pm close. Would be shocked if they aren’t open until at least 10pm considering that’s the hours now and it will surely be busier come there anniversary. At least that’s what I’m telling myself lol. If it closes before 10pm I’ll be pretty disappointed, I’m hoping for 11pm or maybe 10pm with some extended hours for resort guests.

We will be staying in Ft Wilderness in the BigAssBus.... so we'll likely be boating over to the MK on the 1st. I need to make an ADR, though..... at least one nice sit down meal would be good during a crazy, fun day! Where's your favorite legacy sit down??

I'll be at Wilderness Lodge too - see you on the early boat! We are hoping for a sit-down in good strong AC in the middle of the day.

9AM to 9PM

I thought if there would be a late night, that would be the night to have one! Of course, things could change as we get closer, so we shall see.
I am very surprised, but hours can change any time.

9AM to 9PM

They have been extending hours every month about 2-ish weeks out. Nothing new, and I wouldn't expect any different for 10/1.

I had not even a thought about going to the 50th prior to last week, but that's when I realized that my trip to Florida at the end of September to visit family would overlap with 10/1. I started looking at the park reservation availability to see if it was doable and like the day after I started looking is when more opened last week. I took that as a sign that I should go. I bought a 2 two day park hopper and made reservation for 10/1 for MK. I'm not sure if the 30 minutes early entry will be easy enough to utilize, but just in case, I booked the Wyndham Garden LBV ($86 base price through Priceline). The one thing that concerns me is parking. I can't even remember the last time I drove to MK, since I usually stay at Disney resorts and use Disney buses. For people who drive to the parks, but who are staying at a resort that has the benefit, it seems like there would have to be an earlier opening of parking, especially at MK, to allow those guests the opportunity to get to the entrance of the park before the 30 minutes start. Since 10/1 is the start of the benefit, I wonder if there will be more confusion regarding what's going on.

I'm not sure if the 30 minutes early entry will be easy enough to utilize, but just in case, I booked the Wyndham Garden LBV ($86 base price through Priceline). The one thing that concerns me is parking. I can't even remember the last time I drove to MK, since I usually stay at Disney resorts and use Disney buses. For people who drive to the parks, but who are staying at a resort that has the benefit, it seems like there would have to be an earlier opening of parking, especially at MK, to allow those guests the opportunity to get to the entrance of the park before the 30 minutes start. Since 10/1 is the start of the benefit, I wonder if there will be more confusion regarding what's going on.

I think that whatever way you try to get into MK on 10/1, there are going to be backlogs of people. People that usually stroll in around 11am are going to be up bright and early.

That's the only reason why I'm leaning towards keeping my reservation at the Contemporary. That way I can just walk over and not deal with traffic. Probably should be there by 7 A.M right if they open at 9?

That's the only reason why I'm leaning towards keeping my reservation at the Contemporary. That way I can just walk over and not deal with traffic. Probably should be there by 7 A.M right if they open at 9?
I'm super jealous of your reservation and I'd definitely keep it. I think people will line up well before 7am

Nobody knows. I think it was Disneyland's 50th that they slept on the sidewalk overnight!
People starting queueing up the night before to the point where they created waiting areas in DCA. Once DCA was full there was a queue in Downtown Disney towards the DLH. Once things started moving they let in the DCA groups block by block in order of arrival, then the DD crowd. We were staying at the DLH and had a DD view, so we had set an alarm every hour or so to check if there was a queue from the window. We ended up joining the DD queue around 4am I think, but only then found out about all the people who had spent the night at DCA. It sounds crazy now but it was actually very very civilized. Everyone was just happy to be there and excited to get in. The DCA people already had golden ears on when they were let in if memory serves me right.

Once in the park there was a clear split between the audience that was there for the celebrations, and the audience that was there for the merch. Despite our "late" 4am arrival we still got a good spot on the hub for the ceremony. It was our impression that many overnighters went straight for the special merch location, where many spent hours and hours in a queue. And that was long before the reseller boom!

Now times have changed and it is far easier to isolate MK to prevent a giant queue. I have a feeling they'll prohibit overnighters at/near the gate, and limit access to the walkways from the Grand and the Contemporary.

ETA: one major difference compared to DL's 50th is that people with a park reservation are now certain they'll get in. Back in 2005 even resort guests were not guaranteed to get in, so many got there so early because they thought the park would hit capacity. I'm not sure, but I don't think it did.

I was at DL for the 50th Anybody recognize these fun guys standing in line in front of us? 821E07B5-021B-4B20-BB40-0A621E1C16E2.png

Also went to the Rose Bowl Parade that year in Pasadena.
Now that is a wild night on Colorado Blvd… Closed off to traffic and guests drag bbq pits and mattresses In. E4270F7A-99A7-44A6-A06F-F68D28A94DF6.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter