10/1/21 (Planning thread for those w/ Magic Kingdom ressies on the BIG 50th)!

I'm going to ask Guest Services the day off. I assume the park reservation is good to get you re-entry up until 2 PM when park hopping starts, then all bets might be off. I plan on going first thing in the morning and returning around 1 PM if that's the case.

I hope that the park pass will allow reentry all day but will have to wait and see. We have a similar plan, in for rope drop then back to the room at BLT to drop off any merch and freshen up before lunch at 1145 at steakhouse 71. That way we can ensure we re-enter before 2pm just in case.

I hope that the park pass will allow reentry all day but will have to wait and see. We have a similar plan, in for rope drop then back to the room at BLT to drop off any merch and freshen up before lunch at 1145 at steakhouse 71. That way we can ensure we re-enter before 2pm just in case.
I just verified with Disneyworld.disney.go.com Cast member assistance that if you have a Park Pass Reservation for the park - even if it fills to capacity with Park hoppers - you can reenter the park.

Looks like a bunch of Crystal Palace times just opened up on 10/1, probably since they switched to the buffet. I just booked 6:10pm but many options came up. Check ASAP if you're still looking for dinner on 10/1!

i grabbed one for 7:50, trying to decide now if I’m going to keep it so I can free it up for someone else. I feel like it might be good to be dumped out right before fireworks so close to the hub, but I’d hate to miss having a good spot. Currently was thinking of grabbing a spot at 7? But not even sure if that’s early enough. Would love to hear other’s thoughts and fireworks game plan.

i grabbed one for 7:50, trying to decide now if I’m going to keep it so I can free it up for someone else. I feel like it might be good to be dumped out right before fireworks so close to the hub, but I’d hate to miss having a good spot. Currently was thinking of grabbing a spot at 7? But not even sure if that’s early enough. Would love to hear other’s thoughts and fireworks game plan.

Just did the same thing with the same thought process about getting dumped out close to the hub. I think it's sound logic!

I'll be there solo and am staying until the 8th, so I'm not planning on waiting 2 hours for fireworks since I'll see them a couple more times. I think, if you want to get a good spot, you'd want to finish a little earlier, but who knows. It sounds like you'll want to see the show from several different locations to be able to see all the projections, etc.

Looks like a bunch of Crystal Palace times just opened up on 10/1, probably since they switched to the buffet. I just booked 6:10pm but many options came up. Check ASAP if you're still looking for dinner on 10/1!

I missed out. If anyone has a dining reservation for there or anywhere else at MK on 10/1 for 6 people that they plan to drop, please PM me.

I just canceled a Crystal Palace for 7:35 pm, because I was able to grab one for 3:20 pm. We'd much rather have the "heat of the afternoon" AC break.

So excited to finally have a reservation. We arrive at Disney on Sept. 24, so you'd think we would have had our pick of Oct. 1 reservations. But no -- we're doing a split stay and are moving on Sept. 30. So all ressies were gone by my second 60-day window. I hate that the reservation system isn't smart enough to recognize split stays. Grrr!

I love this thread! So much fun!!!!

I got my MK park reservation for 10/1 months ago, and had a resort reservation as well, but my hubby is extremely “crowds averse” and is not interested in the slightest to go. I decided to go solo and made park reservations for the entire week around it. Then, he agreed to take a different trip with me out east, and so I said I could cancel my 50th plans… and I slowly started to let everything go, one by one… but I kept the ressie for MK on the 1st. I just couldn’t cancel it… truly couldn’t… and since it‘s stil sitting there in MDE, I keep trying to figure out a way that I can fly down (if even just for the day)!!! I have never had FOMO so bad in my entire life!!!!! 😂😂

IF I were to magically make it and used my prized reservation, I would be lined up out front to be there when the “doors” open. I would want to be one of the first to tap through and I would just watch the people pour in… I wouldn’t have a “crush it” mentality on that day. In fact, I hadn’t planned to do any rides at all… just soak it all in. I would people watch like never before, and snack my day away…
…always ready for any spontaneous 50th excitement pixiedust:

p.s. I hope my *plans* count enough to be acceptable on this thread!! 😆
p.p.s. If I definitely am not able to make the necessary travel arrangements… no worries- I will, in fact, release the ressie and let someone else enjoy the day.. but I’m not ready to do that… at least, not yet. 😏
p.p.p.s. Talking like this is not helping me to cancel… at. all. 🤪

So I’m one of those last minute, going to click refresh repeatedly and hope to find reservations for the 1st, people. Didn’t think we could go, plans just changed and now I’d love to take my Disney and Remy obsessed 12yr old to the 50th and opening weekend of Ratatouille. I have everything except the park res for MK for 1st. Thankfully, she doesn’t know, so if I don’t get them, she won’t be disappointed. Send some pixie dust this way because it would be amazing if this works out and we can join everyone.

So I’m one of those last minute, going to click refresh repeatedly and hope to find reservations for the 1st, people. Didn’t think we could go, plans just changed and now I’d love to take my Disney and Remy obsessed 12yr old to the 50th and opening weekend of Ratatouille. I have everything except the park res for MK for 1st. Thankfully, she doesn’t know, so if I don’t get them, she won’t be disappointed. Send some pixie dust this way because it would be amazing if this works out and we can join everyone.
If you’re a theme park ticket holder, it’s been available basically non stop even though the calendar says shows out. I got my reservation like that weeks ago and every time I go to see if they’ve greyed it out and they haven’t. So might be worth a try!

If you’re a theme park ticket holder, it’s been available basically non stop even though the calendar says shows out. I got my reservation like that weeks ago and every time I go to see if they’ve greyed it out and they haven’t. So might be worth a try!

AP staying onsite. I’m on hold now because Epcot shows available on Resort Guests (and has for last hour), but it’s not available for me to book. I want MK, but if I can’t book Epcot when it’s showing available, I’m sure I’ll have the same issue with MK. Not sure if there’s even a fix. I’ll happily buy tickets if theme parks bucket shows available, but it won’t even let me do that, it forces me back to AP reservations. Not a huge fan of the new system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter