1 stateroom or 2

newrygirl

DIS Veteran
We are going on the 4 night wonder cruise in August with the Canadian discount, my question is this: I have a cat 11 room booked for myself, dh, ds17 and ds13 for $1960, I can get 2 cat 11 rooms for $195 more minus the $50 obc and it is really only costing me an extra $145 to have 2 rooms instead of 1, do you disers think it is worth it to get the 2 rooms, I'm sure my 17 year old would be more comfortable in a regular bed than the bunk as he will have to sleep on the top bunk. If I book 2 rooms they would keep us together, they wouldn't upgrade 1 room and not the other or put us at different floors of the ship would they? Not sure what to do, does having 2 rooms lessen your chance of an upgrade?

Hello fello Canadian! I'd get 2 rooms in a heart beat!
Not only will you get the extra room, but an extra bathroom. It could be tight with 4 sharing 1 room.
Have fun!

I'd book the 2 rooms. Price is minimal and you get 2 bathrooms and better beds for everyone (plus some privacy for you!)

If you are able to reserve staterooms side by side, then they shouldn't move you or separate you, but make sure your reservations are linked together (should be if you book them together but just make sure.) If you can only book GTY rooms, then you'll need to put a note if each reservation stating your request for adjoining or connecting rooms. (No connecting Cat 11 rooms, but could be an option if you get an upgrade to a higher category.)

2 rooms absolutely. If you are choosing rooms (not gty) then you can choose rooms together. With linked ressies, they will keep you together--either both or neither will upgrade.

If you are moving to a gty status, they will still typically keep you together--DCL learned their lesson in March 2009 when they didn't do this. They separated families for no reason other than that they could--people were on the dis-meets swapping arranging room swaps, etc (they made them official thru DCL after meeting people on the boards.) By May, they were keeping families and linked ressies together although they are not required to do so.

Definitely two rooms. Especially insides! Not to mention mom and dad privacy and teenagers being able to watch movies late at night just because they can. I could go on and on about the benefit of two rooms!:cool1:

For that little bit "Yes." It's a small price for extra breathing room and an extra bathroom and TV.

With 2 teenagers? Two rooms, hands down! I hate to say it, but I would pay twice that for the two bathrooms.

So I went and booked the 2 cat 11 staterooms and got 2 rooms side by side, we have only been in the middle of the ship before and these rooms are all the way forward, will we notice a big difference in the movement? I guess it will depend on the seas.

As for a possibility of an upgrade, last month I sailed on the Magic. We had 3 cat 11 rooms side by side by side. We were pixie dusted big time, and were upgraded to 3 cat 8 rooms side by side by side!! So it is possible to be upgraded when you have more than one room:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter