1 family - 2 cabins

dthogue

DIS Veteran
We have 2 cabins reserved for our family of 5. I know we all get KTTW cards, but will they open both doors? What about charging, we will have two separate accounts or will all 5 cards charge to the same account?

Thanks,
Tammy
princess:

It's my understanding that if you ask them to key them to open both doors, they will.

As far as charging, you can set up one card or as many cards as you have keys. I took charging privileges off my kids cards, cause I didn't want to find out they had bought $100 worth of arcade cards!

You can have one room set up with the charge account and then all keys charge to that account. I really do not know about the keys opening both doors, this was not the case for us in November. They did give me a blank key to the girls room in addition to their keys. This allowed me to get into their room, I guess we could have asked for a blank for them to get into our room. Hmmmmm wonder why I didn' t think of that then. Anyway, work everything through guest services on the ship they were very accomodating.

Happy sailing...we have to wait until October!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

They can set up one key to both doors, but you'll have to ask. Do you have adjoining cabins so that there is a door between the two? That would eliminate the need for keys that worked both doors and provide as much privacy or openness as desired.

All cards can charge to one account....or some cards can have charging cancelled. Your choice.

We have had to do this when we brought our entire family. We always had a key to the teenage boy room (3 boys) and the rooms were connecting. Both rooms had the exact same charge account. Having two bathrooms was great. Kathy

We just were on the Wonder on Feb 1st of this year, we had 2 rooms between the 5 of us. 2 adults in one room and in the adjoining room 3 kids. All the KTTW cards were set up to charge to only 1 room. Now using the KTTW cards to get into the rooms, guest services gave us a spare key to each room because they were not able to rekey the main card because due to legal reasons they had to have one adult in each room even though minors were in the adjoining room. Hope that was not to confussing, but having 2 rooms was just awesome instead of getting a Family Cat 4 room, was even less expensive.

Yes, legally there has to be one adult in each room. However, no one ever checks on this....DCL has covered themselves by telling you that this is the policy and insisting that it be booked this way.

Oh, I'm glad you asked this... we have 2 rooms booked planning on having the 3 kids in the other adjoining room... but hadn't thought about the key issue. And even with a door between the two- I still think it would be a good idea to have a key to the other room "just in case". Because unless they give you a key to the door in between the rooms- hypothetically a child COULD shut the door and lock it from their side- right? And what if they did that (youngest child) while the oldest was asleep and wouldn't wake up.... hypothetically speaking ofcourse. I wouldn't want to EVER not be able to get into their room... and there's no way to make that door unlockable- is there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter