1 extra day in DL after Hollywood and Disney tour enough?

I am doing this tour in February 2022, and we have lots of experience with Disneyland over the past 15 years (west-coast Canadians who travel to Anaheim at least once a year). If you polled the Disneyland fans on these boards, then your average recommended stay at Disneyland is going to be 3-4 days. The ABD tour includes a four day parkhopper, and while we won't get full days in the park on all four days (especially if you have to fly home on the sixth day), we are getting VIP tours which may include some preferred access to rides.

Long story short, given the free time allocated for the four days, you should be able to see everything you want to see. That said, we plan to stay Friday night which gives us the entire last day of our four days in the parks. So I think one extra night will be fine. It you aren't flying out late on that added day, you can get a fifth day in at the parks, but note that the parkhopper we will be provided with is not upgradeable - you will have to purchase extra park tickets for your added days.

It depends on whether you like to re-ride and how much you like the parks overall. We could spend all day, every day of the year, opening to close in Disney parks. We added on 4 extra full days at DLR after the tour and could have done more.

I'd also take into account how interested you are in Galaxy's Edge & Avengers Campus. Lines/virtual queues for the newest attractions can be long after ABD is done if you want to re-ride those plus I'm guessing park reservations will still need to be made for any add on days after ABD ends. I'm looking forward to hear how those two new lands will be incorporated in BSM.

Depends on when you are planning your trip.
Have you already confirmed itinerary?
If you plan to visit for holidays or when the days or shorter in winter or longer in summer... and if Disney offers early morning entry,
I notice you have another discussion going concerning this Disney Adventure ... To answer this question, I would consider exploring the Downtown Disney area and perhaps the resorts. I would not purchase another ticket. Especially if they are giving you guided tours and concierge level entry to avoid lines.
I would doublecheck the construction for the new Disneyland DVC Hotel and how that impacts enjoying the resorts. Which hotel does this Adventure book you in? The Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier?

Depends on when you are planning your trip.
Have you already confirmed itinerary?
If you plan to visit for holidays or when the days or shorter in winter or longer in summer... and if Disney offers early morning entry,
I notice you have another discussion going concerning this Disney Adventure ... To answer this question, I would consider exploring the Downtown Disney area and perhaps the resorts. I would not purchase another ticket. Especially if they are giving you guided tours and concierge level entry to avoid lines.
I would doublecheck the construction for the new Disneyland DVC Hotel and how that impacts enjoying the resorts. Which hotel does this Adventure book you in? The Grand Californian or the Disneyland Hotel or the Paradise Pier?
Grand Californian and hopefully going March

I am doing this tour in February 2022, and we have lots of experience with Disneyland over the past 15 years (west-coast Canadians who travel to Anaheim at least once a year). If you polled the Disneyland fans on these boards, then your average recommended stay at Disneyland is going to be 3-4 days. The ABD tour includes a four day parkhopper, and while we won't get full days in the park on all four days (especially if you have to fly home on the sixth day), we are getting VIP tours which may include some preferred access to rides.

Long story short, given the free time allocated for the four days, you should be able to see everything you want to see. That said, we plan to stay Friday night which gives us the entire last day of our four days in the parks. So I think one extra night will be fine. It you aren't flying out late on that added day, you can get a fifth day in at the parks, but note that the parkhopper we will be provided with is not upgradeable - you will have to purchase extra park tickets for your added days.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, maybe you can give me your 2 cents? Im currently on this tour this October (fingers crossed). Departure from DL Friday 10/29. I have the option of a 330p flight or a red-eye. I know things are different things year with Halloween events maybe not happening etc so I can't really base my decision on crowd calendars of the past but will DL be a madhouse on that Friday?, Trying to figure out if it's worth doing red-eye (it would mean another missed day at work for me since I work on Saturdays) or not. I've only been to DL once waaaay long ago when I was a kid in the early 90s.

At the risk of hijacking the thread, maybe you can give me your 2 cents? Im currently on this tour this October (fingers crossed). Departure from DL Friday 10/29. I have the option of a 330p flight or a red-eye. I know things are different things year with Halloween events maybe not happening etc so I can't really base my decision on crowd calendars of the past but will DL be a madhouse on that Friday?, Trying to figure out if it's worth doing red-eye (it would mean another missed day at work for me since I work on Saturdays) or not. I've only been to DL once waaaay long ago when I was a kid in the early 90s.

I've never been in October, but I know from following the boards and YouTube videos over the years that Hallowe'en rivals Christmas time for crowds. And a Friday before Hallowe'en is likely to be very busy at Disneyland. As you said, this year is kind of up in the air and I don't think that private parties are being planned for the 2021 Hallowe'en season. So you could catch the red-eye and extend your time in the parks for the evening, but I wouldn't plan on getting a lot done in that time as it is still likely to be very crowded. I would still do it that way, but I don't work Saturdays so that isn't a consideration for me.

I've never been in October, but I know from following the boards and YouTube videos over the years that Hallowe'en rivals Christmas time for crowds. And a Friday before Hallowe'en is likely to be very busy at Disneyland. As you said, this year is kind of up in the air and I don't think that private parties are being planned for the 2021 Hallowe'en season. So you could catch the red-eye and extend your time in the parks for the evening, but I wouldn't plan on getting a lot done in that time as it is still likely to be very crowded. I would still do it that way, but I don't work Saturdays so that isn't a consideration for me.

Thanks so much for your input, totally appreciate it! I will probably go with the redeye because it seems a waste to not use the park ticket for the day. Hopefully we can hit up some of the attractions we may have missed and perhaps luck out getting boarding pass for ROTR since ABD doesn't seem to cover SWQE (which is fine by me as but I have people with me who will be into it) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter