1 day only for WDW - stay in MK for dinner or go to O'Hanas

castlegazer

Soccer Mom! Soccer Player & Mom! Go USA!
I only have a very limited amount of touring time this trip so we will only be doing one full day at MK - should I stay in the park to get the most out of it during short park hours and eat at CRT or Liberty Tree or, as I want to do, go out to O'Hanas for dinner and then catch the fireworks from there?

Items for consideration:
1) traveling with 2 yo who needs to get to bed by 7:30 or 8.
2) traveling with extended family who haven't been to WDW in a long time.
3) I have always wanted to go to O'Hanas and don't know if the full service restaurants in MK are as good.

Hmmmmm, well we love Ohanas........

Well, I can't speak for Ohana's because I haven't been there...but...Disney has two great character dining rooms right in the Magic Kingdom; Liberty Tree Tavern (Minnie & friends) or Crystal Palace (Pooh & friends). This might help you a little bit! I love them both! It would let you have more time in the park.

Gina::MinnieMo

I think a nice ride on the monorail, followed by "Ohana would be great! And catching the fireworks on the beach is wonderful.

I'd say go for 'Ohana's, the atmosphere is very laid back and in my opinion more family oriented (after all 'Ohana means family :D ). CRT is a nice restaurant, but it may be a bit stuffy. If your extended family is anything like mine, when we all get together we tend to get loud and rowdy, if this happens at 'Ohana's, I really don't think any one would notice, but at CRT you'd definitely get some looks. Also 'Ohana's is larger, it would be easier to get a large party seated together. If you happen to be there when the fireworks are set off and you are sitting by the gigantic windows, you'll have a perfect viewing space. And finally 'Ohana's has games for the kids to play--hula hoop contest and pushing coconuts with a broom handle. Obviously your 2 year old is too young for this, but it will keep him or her occupied while your enjoying your delicious dinner. Good luck deciding!

Thanks so much guys - you really helped. If someone said, "hey you'd be crazy to leave the parks to go to dinner if you only had one day!" I would have thought twice about my decision to go to O'Hanas but I think that it is a nice wind down from the day that probably needs to be would down by then anyways. I agree about the games and keeping my DS occupied - a BIG plus! And it is a great place to unhurriedly watch the fireworks from. I am less than not excited by the restaurants in MK - I have been to CRT already too. We will be doing a big breakfast at CP and then lunch will be on the run (I hear Mickey bars are nutritionally sound for a 2 yo - right? Don't tell my Pediatrician, please...)

Tomorrow is my PS day - O'Hanas here we come! I am very excited.

I agree with the O'Hana's idea. It'll be a fun but nice way to wind down (or up:hyper: ) from your long MK day. Do all your touring and then hop on the monorail to the POLY and you can then hop the monorail to the TTC after. GOOD IDEA, HAVE FUN:tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter