1 Day Car Rental From Poly?

dtripli

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone

Our trip is in four weeks now, and I am so excited! We'll be staying at the Poly for 8 nights this trip. Our 13 dd has requested one day off property at Univerisal (yes, you guest it....she NEEDS to see Wizarding World at Universal)Well, I didn't plan for this, but my dh really thinks we should take her for the day.

We are using ME and haven't rented at car in ages when staying at Disney. My question is What is the best way to get from Poly to Universal for the day? Should we taxi it? Can we rent a car from Poly for the day to be there in morning and return there when we are through?

Any info regarding logistics of this, cost etc. is greatly appreciated. How we would go about doing this in general. If it where up to me I would stay put, but I think I am out voted!

I believe you have a couple of options....

1) Take a taxi

2) Mears runs a shuttle service from the resorts to Universal but you have to call in advance to schedule it. I'm not sure of the current rates but they do charge a per person rate which if you have a lot of people in your group could be quite expensive.

3) Rent a car. From allears.net (http://allears.net/acc/faq_gen.htm#7) Alamo and National Car Rental has an office located at the Car Care Center outside the Magic Kingdom and at the Dolphin Resort. Shuttle service to the Car Care Center is available from all resorts and must be reserved at least one hour in advance. Alamo/National is open seven days/week from 7:30 am to 6:30 pm. The Dolphin is open from 8:15am - 4:00pm. The phone number is 407-824-3470 or 800-227-7368. Reservations are strongly suggested if picking up a car at one of the on-property rental centers.

For convenience I personally would probably do the car rental option.

HI

I am going to hijack here. I also need one day car rental to transfer from wdw to hrp universal. I need to know which rental places are at both resorts so i can rent one day to transfer from wdw and return the car at universal. what would be the options for this?

thanks

Does anyone know which car rentals are at disney that could be used for one day to drop off at Universal in a resort transfer? So far:

Hertz is at SOG and Universal(?)

Alamo is at Car Care Center WDW and at 4 points Sheraton at Universal., not sure they have a shuttle but could drop and then get to the Parks

After 3 postings on 4 threads, this is all I could find out..

Enterprise has a place near DTD on Hotel Row and they will pick up. I think they have something near Universal but dont know the uptown that well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter