08/03/2010 - Wonder - Who needs The Baltic when you've got Key West??

Ok everyone with kids...on our last cruise, we got a list together of all the Dis-member kids sailing and we made goodie bags for the kids.

Each day, a few Dis-members went to the participating staterooms to drop off the goody bags. That way the kids got something each day.

The bags consisted of pencils, candy, stickers, etc...anything you would typically put in a birthday goodie bag. (things vacation related would be fun, too)

If you didn't have a fish extender, we would just put the bag next to the door.

We would get the age of each child and make note of any food allergy. We share this to all participating Dis-members.
Basically we asked for first name, age, gender, allergies, and stateroom number.

Please let me know if you like the idea and want to participate. My kids and nieces loved it (they loved going to the staterooms and dropping off the bags)...
any questions, please ask away!!:goodvibes

We did this on a previous trip. It was fun, but there were a ton of people and we did adults and kids and I was not clear on what types of things to buy so I way over spent on cool stuff. Most of what I received in return was not the same quality. But it was fun. Some of the adults gave little bottles of Rum! So if we do this on this cruise, better guidelines like the treat bag idea would be good. my kids are 18,14 and 10 so not sure the older two would need to participate. Youngest will actually turn 10 on the day at castaway so if any of you have kids, I may try to organize a little party. Maybe the day at sea would be better..less hectic. Let me know if you have kids and their ages and if they might want to go to a party...please. Last cruise we also all met between the goofy pool and the mickey pool right after we got on and had a meet and greet. It was fun to get to know the others and then to see them around the ship!! We still stay in touch with one family!

We did this on a previous trip. It was fun, but there were a ton of people and we did adults and kids and I was not clear on what types of things to buy so I way over spent on cool stuff. Most of what I received in return was not the same quality. But it was fun. Some of the adults gave little bottles of Rum! So if we do this on this cruise, better guidelines like the treat bag idea would be good. my kids are 18,14 and 10 so not sure the older two would need to participate. Youngest will actually turn 10 on the day at castaway so if any of you have kids, I may try to organize a little party. Maybe the day at sea would be better..less hectic. Let me know if you have kids and their ages and if they might want to go to a party...please. Last cruise we also all met between the goofy pool and the mickey pool right after we got on and had a meet and greet. It was fun to get to know the others and then to see them around the ship!! We still stay in touch with one family!

We have 4 girls, ages from 7-13. I'm sure they would love to go a party!

Have to love the FL resident Rates, Went on our First Disney Cruise in July 09 on the Magic, Went again for Thanksgiving 09 on the Wonder will be back August 3rd
And I am a Captain by trade go figure hate to work on a boat but love going on a cruise:cool1:

Ahoy there! Welcome aboard! I grew up outside of Pgh..in McKeesport!

I'm very excited! Booked Palo brunch and dinner. Now I have to read up on Key West because I know nothing about it.

Hey Everyone!!!!!!
My name is Season, I'm a little late in joining in on this thread... but hey, I always wait until the last minute to make my disney travel plans!!! My mom called me yesterday afternoon and said if we wanted to go on this cruise with them, they would pay for it... HUMMMMM GEEEEEEEE let me really think about this one for a minute... :cool1::woohoo::banana: Of course I said YES!!!!!! Soooo I booked it this afternoon!!!!!

I can't wait to get back on a disney ship!!!! It's been about 3 years since my last cruise!!!

Welcome aboard! Lucky you...and besides..you still have plenty of time to get ready!

I've had a Disney Cruise bug for about a week now and DH and I decided to book this morning on a whim! I'm so ecstatic! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I hope there becomes an opening for Brunch or High tea at Palo though. I never book any trip this last minute. It is kinda exciting I must admit! :woohoo:

We also just booked today, it will be myself, wife and 2 boys (4 & 6). We live in Orlando and both of us work with the parks in some way so this was a last minute booking but looking forward to it. This is our second cruise and the last one was on the Wonder also!! :cool1: Tony

Just booked last week. four of us 4 and 6 yo girls. First cruise, very exited!

I actually booked through DU when the the dates were released in 2008 but just got around to coming here! Originally DD(26 now) booked with me but since then she moved to Nebraska (temporarily) to be near her now fiance and can't go :sad2: so my friend is now going. We have a SP cabin.
Is there a need to book an excursion in Key West or can we just walk around or find transportation when we get there? I'm hoping my friend will agree to stay onboard in Nassau like DD and I did on our last DCL cruise. It was a nice pool/spa day! :)

Greetings to all of you who are also from PA, seems there are a lot of us! and everyone else too!! Who has plans for Key West? We are doing the snorkle, dolphin and kayaking tour.

We have Palo ressies for brunch for the day at sea with my daughter who just graduated from high school! Love Palo!!

Will probably jet ski on Castaway for DD's 10 birthday. What better way to spend your birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter