🍁 Disability Tax Credit document for ticket discount - DL PARIS

Bigwands

Mouseketeer
The Disneyland Paris website says I can get 25% off tickets as long as I show appropriate documents when I arrive at the park. The tax credit is listed as an accepted form of proof for Canadians. I claim the credit every year on my taxes, but I'm confused about what documentation they're asking me to bring.

I suggest reaching out directly to DLP if it's something you need to show to buy tickets at Disneyland Paris. Sounds like it must be something from the government stating the individual has a disability. Many countries have an official national registry for those with disabilities and they use that to prove disability. I'm not sure that the US has anything which would qualify, not sure about Canada.

An official document proving disability is what they need. Many European countries have a parking permit that qualifies.

For Canada it shows this list:
  1. HandyCard
  2. Parking Card for Disabled People
  3. Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
  4. Disability Tax Credit
  5. Access2 card
You have #4. I am not familiar with Canada, but how did you get this? Did you have to send in a doctors note or something to the tax company to show you are allowed to claim it?

Ask DLP, but do it in writing and do it well before your trip. Someone on the phone will most likely not be able to find the answer immediately and DLP is very slow in answering emails.

DLP has basically two kinds of disability options, those for permanent disabilities and temporary disabilities like being pregnant or having a broken leg. For the second, a doctors note is enough.

@lanejudy
In case you ever need to know :) for the US these documents are accepted.
  1. Disability card issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
  3. Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
  4. Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD)
  5. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  6. VA Disability Compensation Benefits
  7. Parking Badge; permanent or temporary
  8. Access pass : America The Beautiful

I suggest reaching out directly to DLP if it's something you need to show to buy tickets at Disneyland Paris. Sounds like it must be something from the government stating the individual has a disability. Many countries have an official national registry for those with disabilities and they use that to prove disability. I'm not sure that the US has anything which would qualify, not sure about Canada.
I actually went to look in to this because this park is on our radar and US actually has quite a few things they will accept as proof ..... BUT ... it reads as though you can't do in advance and must purchase ticket at the ticket booth which means no park reservation so is it worth the risk AND it reads as if it's only for a one day ticket ~ we are looking at 3 days.

We accept the following valid documents from this country (USA):

Unfortunately those documents are not common for many — if not most — people in the US who otherwise are considered as having a disability.
DLP has basically two kinds of disability options, those for permanent disabilities and temporary disabilities like being pregnant or having a broken leg. For the second, a doctors note is enough.
This is why I am glad that the Disney parks in the United States don't do the documented disability thing - so many people have disabilities that are manageable in a daily routine, but not in an environment like a crowded theme park. And most of the documentation accepted seem for mobility related issues. And when has pregnancy been thought of as a disability, for goodness sake? I worked up until the day before my first child was born - on my feet 7 hours a day. Pregnancy is not a disability, IMO. And if it is, then you shouldn't be at a theme park.

This is why I am glad that the Disney parks in the United States don't do the documented disability thing - so many people have disabilities that are manageable in a daily routine, but not in an environment like a crowded theme park. And most of the documentation accepted seem for mobility related issues. And when has pregnancy been thought of as a disability, for goodness sake? I worked up until the day before my first child was born - on my feet 7 hours a day. Pregnancy is not a disability, IMO. And if it is, then you shouldn't be at a theme park.
I am also disappointed that they don't extend the same courtesy to all of their parks. They are a private company and can chose to give a DAS to whoever they want. I don't know why they would treat people better in one Country as opposed to another.

I actually went to look in to this because this park is on our radar and US actually has quite a few things they will accept as proof ..... BUT ... it reads as though you can't do in advance and must purchase ticket at the ticket booth which means no park reservation so is it worth the risk AND it reads as if it's only for a one day ticket ~ we are looking at 3 days.

From what I remember of DLP, many attractions in the DL part of the park don’t have mainstream accessible queues; most in the Studio part are mainstream, which means the regular line is accessible.
From what I remember, DLP requires a DAS for access at the exit/accessible entry, even for people with their own wheelchairs/mobility devices. This is different than the US parks. WDW parks mostly have mainstream queues. For the few that are not, the mobility device is ‘proof’ that the guest needs the accessible entrance and guests may be given a ‘wheelchair return time’ which is based on the current Standby Wait time.

As lanejudy mentioned, most disabled people in the US don’t have those proofs. And, many are for the same group of people and many of the people who have these ‘proofs’ may have mobility disabilities that don’t qualify for DAS or have a different disability, but not need DAS.

Disabled Veterans
Disability card issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Disability Compensation Benefits

Disabled Parking Permit - these are the same thing
Parking Card for Disabled People
Parking Badge; permanent or temporary

Social Security related:
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Access pass : America The Beautiful - this is a US National Park access card, so not many people have it. The qualification is a permanent medical disability, but could be a mobility disability

As lanejudy mentioned, most disabled people in the US don’t have those. And, many are for the same group of people and many of the people who have these ‘proofs’ may have mobility disabilities that don’t qualify for DAS or have a different disability, but not need DAS

Disabled Veterans

Disability card issued by the US Department of Veterans Affairs
Other official disability documents issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Disability Compensation Benefits

Disabled Parking Permit - these are the same thing
Parking Card for Disabled People
Parking Badge; permanent or temporary

Social Security related:
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD)
Supplemental Security Income (SSI)

Access pass : America The Beautiful - this is a US National Park access card, so not many people have it. The qualification is a permanent medical disability, but could be a mobility disability

This list has nothing to do with a DAS or assistance pass situation. This list is in relation to getting a discounted ticket for the person with the disability and their "aide" to enter for one day.

OP was not asking about a DAS type pass, they were asking about the 25% discount on tickets for disabled guests.

This list has nothing to do with a DAS or assistance pass situation. This list is in relation to getting a discounted ticket for the person with the disability and their "aide" to enter for one day.

OP was not asking about a DAS type pass, they were asking about the 25% discount on tickets for disabled guests
Other people mentioned DAS and I believe the same proofs for discount would be used for DAS.
It doesn’t change the fact that most people in the US don’t have those proofs

Other people mentioned DAS and I believe the same proofs for discount would be used for DAS.
It doesn’t change the fact that most people in the US don’t have those proofs
Understand. In DS case he does have some of those proof items.

I was only responding with the information required for a Discounted Ticket based on disability per OPs question. Since the discounted ticket seems to be intended for a smaller population, the list makes sense.

In regards to their "DAS" it appears they do use the same list if you want it in advance, but show a very long list of other things that qualify (looks like more than WDW) and can be obtained with a doctor's statement upon arrival.

I appreciate their website spelling it out so we could make a decision prior to visiting. Better option than WDW offers to international guests.

I'm glad you were able to do that during your pregnancy. I planned to, but at month 7 I nearly passed out at work and they told me I had to stop. I was however still able to grocery shop, prepare the nursery, etc. I can think of lots of situations where it would be reasonable for a pregnant person to be at Disney but not necessarily be able to stand in a queue for over an hour. It's fantastic that they would recognize pregnancy as a temporary disability. The Canadian government recognizes it as such. It's a condition that affects your ability to do many activities.

Definitely get confirmation on this (I'll pass it on if I find out too) but my understanding is that you purchase the tickets and when you arrive you present the document with your tickets. If you don't have the document the tickets would be invalid. It seems like they used to have you purchase at the gate but they no longer sell tickets on site (presumably a COVID crowd thing).

nvm, this is definitely wrong

Last edited:
It's a condition that affects your ability to do many activities.
Pregnancy may result in various other health concerns that are considered a disability. However pregnancy itself is not a disability. Disability insurance in the US would likely also cover the scenario mentioned, but does not cover a standard pregnancy without complications.

Folks - let’s not take this discussion into debate of what is or is not disability. DLP must follow French laws and rules, just as the US parks follow ADA requirements. Different countries have different laws around recognizing and accommodating disabilities.

Thank you everyone! If any other Canadian stumbles on to this it turns out you can call the CRA and they will send you a copy of the original notice of acceptance. Either I or my mother must have had it at some point but it seems to have gotten lost to time and several moves in the interim. It's the response after applying for the credit that they want you to show.

The only reason why I posted is that the OP knows that besides the discount, he/she is most likely eligible for one of the two passes at DLP.

Last edited:
For USA: We went to DLP this summer. Actually were there of AC opening by accident and fell into a Pym's reservation by sheer luck!

We brought SSI and US Parks card with us and the disability window person had NO CLUE that they were valid forms of ID. We were prepared and showed the website too. After a bit, she made the decision for an exemption. It was NOT an easy show and buy though.

I do say, DLP is EXTREMELY Disability friendly overall and they go out of their way to help. We enjoyed our two days there very much as any DL day. Turtle crush ride is the bomb. DS loved it.

For USA: We went to DLP this summer. Actually were there of AC opening by accident and fell into a Pym's reservation by sheer luck!

We brought SSI and US Parks card with us and the disability window person had NO CLUE that they were valid forms of ID. We were prepared and showed the website too. After a bit, she made the decision for an exemption. It was NOT an easy show and buy though.

I do say, DLP is EXTREMELY Disability friendly overall and they go out of their way to help. We enjoyed our two days there very much as any DL day. Turtle crush ride is the bomb. DS loved it.
Does SSI and the US Parks cards have photos of the user on them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter