•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Is there a list somewhere that shows the dates for the last few years of what dates the Wilderness Lodge’s Christmas decorations went up? We just booked for Nov 15th to the 20th, hoping to see them but knowing it’s possible we wont. Cant change the trip dates.

Is there a list somewhere that shows the dates for the last few years of what dates the Wilderness Lodge’s Christmas decorations went up? We just booked for Nov 15th to the 20th, hoping to see them but knowing it’s possible we wont. Cant change the trip dates.

This past Christmas, the tree went up on 11/11. The year before was 11/12. In 2019, the Tree went up on 11/19.

Maybe I will add this to Page 1 so we keep tabs on the dates for future reference.

ETA: Page 1 was updated to add this information.

Last edited:

This past Christmas, the tree went up on 11/11. The year before was 11/12. In 2019, the Tree went up on 11/19.

Maybe I will add this to Page 1 so we keep tabs on the dates for future reference.

ETA: Page 1 was updated to add this information.
On the flip side, when do they take the decorations down? Looking at an early January trip. It would be nice to catch the tail end of the Christmas vibes.

Given that Thanksgiving is on the 24th this year, odds are good the decorations will be up for your stay.

CCV was my first DVC resort and it certainly holds a special place in my heart. It's so enjoyable to stay here in December and be a part of the Christmas vibe that we don't even plan that many park visits. My last trip here I took my mom just to spend the week with her and we spent an entire day at the outdoor lounge by the lake and just enjoyed the boats passing by talking. Granted we might have had a drink or two while doing this =)

We have a grand villa for our first stay at Copper Creek and we are really excited! What is the parking like? We will have a 12 passenger van.

We have a grand villa for our first stay at Copper Creek and we are really excited! What is the parking like? We will have a 12 passenger van.
There's usually plenty of parking at the Lodge. Not sure if they restrict larger vehicles, but absent some policy, I would think parking it in the back of the parking lot should work.

Construction Work to Take Place at Disney's Wilderness Lodge This Afternoon

Guests staying at Disney's Wilderness Lodge should be aware that construction work will take place today (Sunday, March 20, 2022) in the Boulder Ridge area of the resort from now until 4 p.m.

Crews will be cutting through concrete to adjust some of the walkways; as a result, Guests may hear some very loud noises during that time. This work is expected to be completed today, but that is subject to change depending on operational needs.

I LOVE the owners threads. Always get the perfect answers. We are at the point of "banking" and looked this am and snagged a Cabin for my DH bday which happens to be Mother's day too. Twofer Bonus!

I've looked at the map - couple questions.
Do the Cabins South of the pool 13-26 have visibility for the Water parade or Fireworks if they are scheduled the nights we are there?
Looking at a floor plan - am I missing it or do the cabins NOT have a washer / dryer?

Does Copper Creek connect to Fort Wilderness? Can you ride bikes over?

I want to use touring plans to request 8005-8008 since I've had great luck with them in the past and those views look aaaahmazing.

Any "hidden" gems we shouldn't miss?
Not doing the parks just relaxing since we've been crazy busy.
Grand Californian is our home and this is the closest we can get to that feeling right now.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Trail to Fort Wilderness no longer exists (removed when Reflections was still in the works), so no biking over there right now (bus is available).

I was there for Marathon Weekend and I believe the tree came down the night between the half and full marathons (Jan 8/9th.)

Yes, I was there too and woke up and everything was gone, even the garland LOL By that time, though, I was ready for everything to be down (we were there from January 1-9).

We tried the Wilderness Resort candle from Magical Candle Company. Not 100% sure it is the same smell as the Lodge, but it does remind me of our WL vacation.
Anybody else tried it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter