•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Too cold for my blood. I went in January with a couple friends and nearly froze. Give me 95 and humid any day.
Last December we had three days of 85 degree weather, followed by days in mid 70’s. Never once wore long pants. Maybe we were lucky. But January is definitely colder than December.

Does anyone think one day when CCV get a refurb theyll do the little bed under the TV like Boulder Ridge and Riviera have in their Deluxe Studios? Just wondered. Are CCV Deluxe studios any smaller than other DVC rooms? I know Poly and Rivieras are 2 of the biggest Studios right?

Does anyone think one day when CCV get a refurb theyll do the little bed under the TV like Boulder Ridge and Riviera have in their Deluxe Studios? Just wondered. Are CCV Deluxe studios any smaller than other DVC rooms? I know Poly and Rivieras are 2 of the biggest Studios right?

Rooms are pretty tight at CCV. Not sure it would happen, but I’d like to see them myself. Poly rooms are very spacious.

The studios are too small to allow more than 4 guests. Occupancy is set by fire code, so even if they wanted to they couldn’t.

The only two studios that are smaller are BLT and the Tower Studios at the Riviera.

My guess is they will not since those smaller murphy beds have been around long enough that DVC could have put them into CCV had they wished. At 338 sq ft vs 356, I'm theorizing Disney didn't feel as though the fit would be quite right, thus why CCV studios only sleep 4. (Also, see above.)

Most likely not. PVB has had the Murphy bed since construction and was built before CCV. If Disney wanted to, they would’ve added it to CCV during construction as well. I believe space is a big factor against it.

Here is the view from room 1136, the lockoff portion of a two bedroom that we checked out of today:
C10CAC02-4972-4461-B918-FA6242C948AB.jpeg4DA0757F-D3CA-44DC-8060-34CF2A11AFCC.jpeg73A07A5D-CFFB-47FC-A767-2C215363440D.jpeg

The one bedroom portion is room 1138, which is a handicapped accessible room. It has a similar view but is a little further down the hall.
B6A43C4A-A5F6-4DB8-9045-B92D75D76DBC.jpeg
5FB438E8-3109-4BF0-A9BD-95E5B32E6916.jpegAAC6D4F4-87F8-498A-800B-B3181995B49F.jpeg

Our only request was high floor, and we did not need the Handicapped Accessible room, but that is what we got and we were not able to change. Requests are not guaranteed, but we took our chances trying for an alternate studio room. Oh well, it worked out ok and we had a great 10 days. I will post more inside pictures soon.

Last edited:
Thank you both for posting your room views! I’ll be sure to get them up on Page 1! Hope you had amazing trips!

Last edited:
The studios are too small to allow more than 4 guests. Occupancy is set by fire code, so even if they wanted to they couldn’t.
Actually, this is a DVC myth. The occupancy at BRV (VWL) studios used to be 4 people and when folks with 5 in their party would question this, they would be answered by posters here with the fire code argument. And then suddenly, one day without enlarging the property one inch, the studio occupancy changed from 4 to 5. So I'd be more inclined to go with the "not enough room to add the 5th bed" rather than the "fire code" reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter