•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Good one, I don’t have walk in shower, so is a possible request ‘Alternative Studio’ then for the corner room I mentioned? They are the 115 rooms right?
On floors 2-7 they end in 115. There are 2 on the first floor also. Personally I would request “upper floor” since it guarantees the “alternate studio” if granted but is more specific to a location in the building and the assigner might now know what you mean.

On floors 2-7 they end in 115. There are 2 on the first floor also. Personally I would request “upper floor” since it guarantees the “alternate studio” if granted but is more specific to a location in the building and the assigner might now know what you mean.

crvetter you are being a great help- you’ve lost me here a bit (maybe it’s because the blue on the map looks the same colour) - can you explain? Are you saying all studios with tub from floor 2 up are the alternate corner studios? Cheers.

crvetter you are being a great help- you’ve lost me here a bit (maybe it’s because the blue on the map looks the same colour) - can you explain? Are you saying all studios with tub from floor 2 up are the alternate corner studios? Cheers.
Yes correct any studio with a tub not on Floor 1 must be an alternate studio, ending in x115. See the Quote below where I breakdown the location of each studio time. As you can see (I know the blue color is close) Floors 2-7 each have 1 Deluxe Studio (with the tub) and that happens to be a Alternate Studio.

We like it quiet not near lifts (noisy) with as nice a view as possible of course.
Any advice on what to request from you CCV experts?
Also we normally stay in 1 beds bu this is a studio stay, I’m concerned about space, are any of the rooms bigger? I’ve seen the units with a separate living room in a corner?
Any help much appreciate as I’ve not stayed at CCV before, just visited.
Do you have a walk in shower or not? That changes the valid requests you can make. See below the floor distribution of the studios.

"Deluxe Studio"
Floor 1: 1 Dedicated Alternate Studio, 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio, 28 Dedicated Studios, 1 Lockoff Studio
Floor 2-7: 1 Lockoff Alternate Studio per Floor
Total Rooms: 37 Studios (29 Dedicated, 8 Lockoff)

"Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower"
Floor 1: 0
Floor 2: 4 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 3: 5 Lockoff, 2 Dedicated
Floor 4: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 5: 6 Lockoff (one of which is open to lobby, believe this is a "bear face" room), 2 Dedicated
Floor 6: 5 Lockoff, 3 Dedicated
Floor 7: 2 Lockoff, 1 Dedicated
Total Rooms: 41 Studios (13 Dedicated, 28 Lockoff)

So it depends on which room type was reserved on which floor they be on. "Deluxe Studio" highly likely on the ground floor, Floor 1, (Lobby is Floor 2 of course). "Deluxe Studio with WalkIn Shower" guarantees Floor 2-7 with equal-ish odds across all floors.

Here is a floor map of the resort. Even numbered rooms will mostly have a view of BRV and the leisure pool. Odd numbers guarantee a feature pool facing room (which would be louder during the day from the pool parties). Really most rooms have nice views (no dumpster view, etc). And most will see a pool (or a obstructed pool view behind a wall, 1st floor even rooms) and possible partial lake view. I'd personally request, if a walk-in, "higher floor, BRV View (even number), closer to lake: Example Rooms: x122 or x128. If you don't have a walk-in shower you might want to balance first floor (BRV side) vs the lower likelihood of an upper floor (which would be the "alternate studio" layout and look at the feature pool.

Great that you started this thread! :thumbsup2

As an addition to the information on this thread, we welcome anyone who has a love of Wilderness Lodge, VWL or CCV to join us on the long-running https://www.disboards.com/threads/vwl-groupies-lovers-thread-special-collectors-edition-updated-1-aug-17.3242976/ VWL Groupies thread. While the title suggests VWL only, we have many CCV owners and WL lovers who stop by and contribute regularly.

Please note: This is not an attempt to derail or hijack this thread! I think there is plenty of room for these kinds of resort threads. Just offering an additional source for DVC information on the Wilderness Lodge grounds.

For example, here's a CCV floor plan that @GrandCalifornian recently posted on the VWL Groupie thread. The dotted lines in the layouts represent lock-off villas that can either be a 2BR or split into 1BR and Studio for separate booking. In any event, I thought it would be a good addition to the first page of the new CCV thread.

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor1.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor2.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor3.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor4.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor5.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor6.jpg

CC_Room_Numbers_Floor7.jpg

Thanks - really unsual then, I had no idea- if you get the studio with tub you are either ground floor, or get one of these alternate studios. Interesting.

What are the ground floor deluxe studios like- are they nice? I am just requesting upper floor as suggested, but it all looks good. If I get alternate studio I get it. Thanks crvetter.

What are the ground floor deluxe studios like- are they nice? I am just requesting upper floor as suggested, but it all looks good. If I get alternate studio I get it. Thanks crvetter.
I haven't stayed in one because I book Walk-In shower to guarantee not to be ground floor, but that is only because I like to leave the door open to the patio a lot. But from what I could tell walking around they are very nice and offer a quick way to hop over to Geyser Point, etc to grab a bite and such off the patio (though of course no way to lock the door). I would consider the view a tiny bit more nature like but still nice view (a little more open feeling if you have an even room, facing BRV).

We had a ground floor studio then moved to an alternate room the next day for the rest of the week this past December. I like that the ground floor studios are dedicated, although across from the elevator is a tad noisy at times. Loved the patios and you are right across from Geyser point and quiet pool.

We loved the alternate room! Was noisier as it is a lock off, and the balcony is closed in halfway up. Still the size was awesome.

The size of the ground floor studios are bigger than BLT but smaller than the studios that sleep 5.

I’m a bit torn now, as for the alternate studio but run the risk of more noise, or go for the ground floor and have the convenience but less sizable room. Decisions. Thanks folks.

I’m a bit torn now, as for the alternate studio but run the risk of more noise, or go for the ground floor and have the convenience but less sizable room. Decisions. Thanks folks.
Well with the alternate the door to the 1 bedroom is off the "living room area" so there is a smaller buffer there (as the bedroom area is further away)

Do the upper rooms on the BRV facing side get any sort of view of Epcot fireworks? It's a long ways away but does appear to line right up.

My husband and I stayed in a studio Jan 18-22 on the first floor, room 1135. I had requested high floor hoping for an alternate studio but no luck. We were literally the first room off the elevator. View was of the walkway. We never used the patio due to the location. Didn’t even take a pic. Oh well. I was very nervous about noise but I didn’t notice anything thankfully.

We own at AKV and BWV and only stayed here due to expiring points from our new contract. The dates just happened to be open when our points loaded. Must have caught a cancellation as it was inside of 7 months. Ended up working out for moonlight magic.

We do like the lodge, it was our first time staying. Really liked the cabinets and pull out storage in the kitchen area. And the table that came up from the storage bin/coffee table thing was really nice for eating. It was just me and my husband so we didn’t use the pull out.

We enjoyed dinner at the Territory Lounge one night (split 3 apps, 2 desserts, and were well stuffed!) and Geyser Point another. We definitely prefer our home resorts, but would come back to CCV if the stars aligned again. It’s nice that it’s on the old points structure. It’s just really hard for us to spend points at the newer DVCs that are so much higher. So this was nice to try a new one that’s reasonable.

My husband and I stayed in a studio Jan 18-22 on the first floor, room 1135. I had requested high floor hoping for an alternate studio but no luck. We were literally the first room off the elevator. View was of the walkway. We never used the patio due to the location. Didn’t even take a pic. Oh well. I was very nervous about noise but I didn’t notice anything thankfully.

We own at AKV and BWV and only stayed here due to expiring points from our new contract. The dates just happened to be open when our points loaded. Must have caught a cancellation as it was inside of 7 months. Ended up working out for moonlight magic.

We do like the lodge, it was our first time staying. Really liked the cabinets and pull out storage in the kitchen area. And the table that came up from the storage bin/coffee table thing was really nice for eating. It was just me and my husband so we didn’t use the pull out.

We enjoyed dinner at the Territory Lounge one night (split 3 apps, 2 desserts, and were well stuffed!) and Geyser Point another. We definitely prefer our home resorts, but would come back to CCV if the stars aligned again. It’s nice that it’s on the old points structure. It’s just really hard for us to spend points at the newer DVCs that are so much higher. So this was nice to try a new one that’s reasonable.

Happy you had a great time! Thank you for sharing with us! If you have any room view pictures, can you please post for us? Thank you!

Happy you had a great time! Thank you for sharing with us! If you have any room view pictures, can you please post for us? Thank you!

I’ll have to check with my husband if he took any. I know I didn’t unfortunately.

My husband had 2 pics. They’re basically exactly the same except part of me is in one of them. I’ll give you the one without part of me in it. Not the greatest pic but gives you an idea. This is room 1135, studio.

Attachments

• DA1C4770-135C-4CD3-901D-921331ABC057.png
    DA1C4770-135C-4CD3-901D-921331ABC057.png
    285 KB · Views: 179
My husband had 2 pics. They’re basically exactly the same except part of me is in one of them. I’ll give you the one without part of me in it. Not the greatest pic but gives you an idea. This is room 1135, studio.

Thank you!!

We stayed in 1136 this past December and I can attest that there was also no elevator noise. It was kinda nice being by elevator, made it easy for getting to lobby

We ended up switching our contract to Riviera from CCV so you can take me off the owners list! We plan on Adding on Resale at Copper Creek. Buying Riviera Direct just seemed like it made more sense at $188 a point vs $220 a point. Ended up with 150 points vs 130. We are staying at CCV June 11-16 this summer though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter