•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I'm not so sure walking is necessary for a 2 bedroom. I followed the booking for the first two weeks in December and the 2 bedrooms disappeared hours (if not the next day) after the booking window opened. Though I would recommend booking right at 11 months at 8 AM. Though the more that walk the more walking will need to occur so I generally don't recommend it because it just creates the problem one is trying to avoid with walking.

I'm on the fence myself with walking, don't want to do it, don't want to be the rube without a room on principle. Have yet to try it, but, I'm not above it. December was pretty tight this year, I don't expect it will get any better next year. I did score a studio for Christmas week without walking, but testing the waters the weeks before my date had me thinking I was gonna buy a cash room if I really wanted CCV. December is a one and done for me, I'm crowd adverse. :-)

I'm on the fence myself with walking, don't want to do it, don't want to be the rube without a room on principle. Have yet to try it, but, I'm not above it. December was pretty tight this year, I don't expect it will get any better next year. I did score a studio for Christmas week without walking, but testing the waters the weeks before my date had me thinking I was gonna buy a cash room if I really wanted CCV. December is a one and done for me, I'm crowd adverse. :-)
Yeah studios will definitely be tighter than a 2 bedroom. I will say at 11 months for Christmas 2019 a fair amount of studios were missing (not declared) into the association. Though more declared means more owners so likely to balance out. I had 0 issues getting a studio for the second week of December and one for Thanksgiving week. I hope to never have to walk and am averse to recommending it when it absolutely isn't necessary because it does make the situation worse.

I feel like this is probably the best place to ask this, looking ahead we are planning to book in December (first week), which I know is really busy across the board. If i'm looking to book a 2 bedroom...should I be on right at 8AM? Will the 2 bedrooms be gone within a day or 2?

I would be on right away at the 11 month window. That is such a popular DVC time and can be tough. I don’t think you would have to walk a 2 bedroom they aren’t quite as popular, but CCV seems to book quick.

I was able to get a 2BR at CCV at the 7 month window at 8 am for Dec 30-Jan 2! I thought there was no way there would be availability, but there was.
Great for you! Enjoy! First BRV stay for us this September; stayed a few nights years ago pre cruise when it was WLV. Excited!

:yay:

I just got back from CCV on Monday, we had the disposable bottles.
Thank you for your quick answer. Do you know of any DVC resorts that have it on the wall?
With all the complaining that went on, I thought most had changed to it.
And it does make sense for the environment.

Thank you for your quick answer. Do you know of any DVC resorts that have it on the wall?

I know AKV-Kindai has them, as they came around and installed them during our stay this past February.

No sorry, this was my first trip since they’ve been making the change.

Yeah studios will definitely be tighter than a 2 bedroom. I will say at 11 months for Christmas 2019 a fair amount of studios were missing (not declared) into the association. Though more declared means more owners so likely to balance out. I had 0 issues getting a studio for the second week of December and one for Thanksgiving week. I hope to never have to walk and am averse to recommending it when it absolutely isn't necessary because it does make the situation worse.
We will be at CCV second week of December. Let’s get together!!

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I haven't stumbled on it. We'll be in a dedicated 2 bedroom the week of Christmas and I was confused with the room request choices of Near Lobby and Near Transportation. We were hoping to get a view of the lake and/or pool. Thanks so much!

Sorry if this question has been asked, but I haven't stumbled on it. We'll be in a dedicated 2 bedroom the week of Christmas and I was confused with the room request choices of Near Lobby and Near Transportation. We were hoping to get a view of the lake and/or pool. Thanks so much!

The online tool is IMHO inadequate for room requests, call member services and tell them exactly what you want, be specific without being too specific. My go to request for what you want is “View of Copper Creek Springs pool, upper floor.”
Just switch the pool view to “Boulder Ridge Cove pool” if you want the other, quieter side of the building.

Just got back last Monday from our first stay at CCV, first time ever actually stepping foot in Wilderness Lodge and I couldn't be happier with our decision to purchase here. Pictures don't do this place justice.

We got what we wanted for our room request (upper floor, view of Copper Creek Springs pool) and got rooms 7115/7117 as our 2 bedroom lockoff. 7115 is one of the alternate studios, so we couldn't have asked for a more perfect room selection. My only small complaint was no wastebasket in the master bedroom, is that normal? We enjoyed all the restaurants we tried at the lodge, WCC, Storybook Dining and the Roaring Fork. We were going to try Geyser Point on our last night for eats and a glass of wine to cap off the trip but got drenched at MK watching the fireworks in a torrential downpour, so that will have to wait 168 days till our Christmas trip.:-)

Room 7115

Sorry for the sideways pics, I couldn't figure out how to fix it. pooh:

As a side note, I was bored waiting for "Up! A Great Bird Adventure" to start so began looking at resale contracts, needless to say I'm now waiting to clear ROFR on a loaded 120 point AKL contract. :rotfl2:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!