• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Even with all of the cutbacks, VWL is special at Christmas!!!!! We have spent A LOT of time at the pool. Weather 78-84 all week. Same weather continues for you next week. Have a great trip!!!!!!

I hope the weather stays that way! I’m kinda writing off swimming for our upcoming trip, but if it stays in that temperature range, we’d be golden! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Have a great time!

Just got back from our Trip (Thursday-Monday). We had a 2 bedroom (room 6134) and a studio (room 6135) for our group. I made requests via chat for high floor, traveling together, and first available with a primary request of first available…all worked out as we got the room ready text at 2:10 while on Magical Express. Room pros: 6135 (studio) has a great view of good portions of the fire works over the trees (we ended up watching them the first night we were there and could see most of the light parade). Room cons: Furthest point from lobby elevators…but no room ever really is that far.

We swam two of our days/nights while there, water and temperatures were great.

Ordered quick service from roaring fork for breakfast on our MK and Hollywood studios day (opens at 7 and first buses should start at 730). Overall they were slow in the morning for that initial rush (Sunday was way slower than Friday as well). We selected we are here right at 7 when it opened, and got our food around 7:25 on Sunday vs 715 on Friday (one order of Mickey waffles, one chicken and waffles, one yogurt/granola thing both days). There was a stretch from 7:05-7:15, where the expeditor was asking people in the back for things, but they didn’t have them ready. No orders went out during that 10 minute stretch and there was about 10 of us waiting for orders around that time. Other thing i noticed is there was tons of food under the hot window just sitting during that stretch. I’m not sure if it was the kitchens fault, or expediters fault (seemed like she was trying to go in a very exact order based on how orders came in), as opposed to getting orders out that were actually ready (i worked as an expediter at a busier restaurant where we live, and honestly just wanted to go back there and help her clear her tickets). We also did a mobile order for lunch on our AK day (Saturday) from Geyser Point take out. Put in we are here, as we left Animal Kingdom...waited about 5 more minutes after we got back (reasonable to me considering size of our order and one well done Bison Burger - MIL). Food at both locations that we got was great. Geyser Point take out we had the wings, Bison Burgers (4), Turkey Sandwich (3), Roasted Salmons (2), and Portobello Salad with Salmon (2)

Transportation overall was a non issue for us. Maybe it was just luck, but boats and buses always seemed to either be there or got there within 5-10 minutes of us arriving to the locations. Only negative here, was on our Hollywood studios day, the first bus didn’t show up until 8AM (830 opening, so we assumed a 730 start for the buses - as that was what happened on our magic kingdom day - first bus was actually there around 7:25 as it was pulling out as we walked down the ramp and next one came at 7:40). Ultimately, didn’t matter as we got on first bus for the day and we were still there way ahead of 830 opening and in line for Navi when the ride started.

Lodge at Christmas time is still my favorite location. We toured the other resorts and they just don’t compare. Here’s a few photos from 4th floor (we like to sit in some of the chairs there). When i get the fireworks views from my Father, i will add them.

I have to agree strongly with BWV Dreamin on merchandise though. It was very limited at the lodge, and across all resorts. If you're looking for stuff for the holidays anywhere or for the 50th, its very slim pickings at this point. hopefully a restock of some items are coming, but I asked one of the people checking us out in the Mercantile, and she said she wasn't optimistic. Her reasoning was that they typically purchase in bulk a year out, and she thinks with most items they didnt purchase enough as they weren't sure when they were purchasing how many people would be coming to the parks and resorts a year ago. We usually spend a fortune in Ye Olde Christmas Shop in Liberty Square, and this year we came out with 1 ornament (Luca ornament because our son is obsessed with that movie right now). I didn't recall seeing anything worthwhile with 2021 on it (we have ornaments from past trips with the year we were there). We also didn't see any picture frames, really anywhere (we usually try to get a picture frame with the year on it or location the picture was taken at, and there was none to be had).

Attachments

• 50358497-AB0A-4BF9-B6B7-7A843102031E.jpeg
    50358497-AB0A-4BF9-B6B7-7A843102031E.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 40728007-0B3B-4222-A30C-544DDEF05333.jpeg
    40728007-0B3B-4222-A30C-544DDEF05333.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

I wish we could get murphy beds in here. Want to book for next year but would feel awful relegating anyone to the pull-out sofa when we just did Riviera and the in-laws were really happy with the murphy bed in the living room setup.

Hello! How is copper Creek different from Boulder ridge? Is it similar to kidani and jambo. Or do they share the same lobby, restaurants? I don't understand what's different besides theming

Hello! How is copper Creek different from Boulder ridge? Is it similar to kidani and jambo. Or do they share the same lobby, restaurants? I don't understand what's different besides theming
Boulder Ridge is the original DVC wing of WL (used to be called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge). Boulder Ridge is a separate building, connected to the main lodge via an outdoor breezeway. Copper Creek is the "new" DVC wing at WL, and is comprised of former hotel rooms converted to DVC villas and situated entirely within Wilderness Lodge proper.

BR has no separate eating locations, but DOES have it's own pool (although any cash or DVC guest at WL can use it). Copper Creek shares the main WL pool (also called the Copper Creek Springs Pool) with the hotel. Copper Creek is closer to the food locations because it's in the main lodge, but also does not have any dedicated restaurants. Copper Creek also encompasses the stand-alone cabins along the Bay Lake shoreline.

Copper Creek is much newer and “fresher”, although BR is “scheduled” for a refurb this year.

Last edited:
Boulder Ridge is the original DVC wing of WL (used to be called the Villas at Wilderness Lodge). Boulder Ridge is a separate building, connected to the main lodge via an outdoor breezeway. Copper Creek is the "new" DVC wing at WL, and is comprised of former hotel rooms converted to DVC villas and situated entirely within Wilderness Lodge proper.

BR has no separate eating locations, but DOES have it's own pool (although any cash or DVC guest at WL can use it). Copper Creek shares the main WL pool (also called the Copper Creek Pool) with the hotel. Copper Creek is closer to the food locations because it's in the main lodge, but also does not have any dedicated restaurants. Copper Creek also encompasses the stand-alone cabins along the Bay Lake shoreline.

Copper Creek is much newer and “fresher”, although BR is “scheduled” for a refurb this year.
Ok perfect! So it's really all the same property it sounds like?

Not 2 totally separate properties 10+ mins apart. I was hoping for BR but only CC is available but if it's all pretty much the same then it makes me feel better! Thanks for explaining!

one thing I meant to add to my post earlier...when we were there, there was heavy fog each morning (MK boat did not leave until after park opening twice - one day the first boat didnt leave until 1030). If you're an early riser/rope drop person...be sure to check that before deciding boat vs bus in the morning, especially this time of year.

Not 2 totally separate properties 10+ mins apart. I was hoping for BR but only CC is available but if it's all pretty much the same then it makes me feel better! Thanks for explaining!

You'll be much happier with CC over BR. CC is new and fresh. BR rooms are just a disaster in my opinion but sounds like its getting a refurb which it desperately needs

You'll be much happier with CC over BR. CC is new and fresh. BR rooms are just a disaster in my opinion but sounds like its getting a refurb which it desperately needs
I actually just bought more BR points in anticipation of the refurb. Personally, I really don't like that the CC villas are in the main lodge. While they definitely aren't "hotel" rooms, the location still feels like it. I like the separate building, quiet lobby, and general sense of separation you get with BR. It's the same feeling you get at VGC and are in that separate wing there. The rooms DEFINITELY need the refurb though, no argument from me on that point, but it will be coming sooner rather than later, and the fact that Disney has decided to start ROFR'ing BR, a 2042 resort, I think is telling. They must want those rooms for some reason, or are anticipating some new demand in the near future.

Last edited:
I actually just bought more BR points in anticipation of the refurb. Personally, I really don't like that the CC villas are in the main lodge. While they definitely aren't "hotel" rooms, the location still feels like it. I like the separate building, quiet lobby, and general sense of separation you get with BR. It's the same feeling you get at VGC and are in that separate wing there. The rooms DEFINITELY need the refurb though, no argument from me on that point, but it will be coming sooner rather than later, and the fact that Disney has decided to start ROFR'ing BR, a 2042 resort, I think is telling. They must want those rooms for some reason, or are anticipating some new demand in the near future.

I prefer CC for the exact reasons you dont like it. To each their own as the saying goes. From the looks of it on these boards looks like Disney is buying alot of contracts via ROFR. I got mine through early this year at $155/point. Now im not so sure that would have made it.

I am helping my friends plan their trip and they have their hearts set on a Cascade Cabin. Is their only option renting points? How do we find out if they are booked? 11/9 - 11/13 Thanks!

I am helping my friends plan their trip and they have their hearts set on a Cascade Cabin. Is their only option renting points? How do we find out if they are booked? 11/9 - 11/13 Thanks!

If you are a DVC member you can just look on the website. If not, im going to go out on a limb and say that they would be open. The more points a reservation takes the longer it stays available. For example studios fill up first and then 1BR and so on.

Oh, I think you will be so happy you ended up in Copper Creek rather than Boulder Ridge! BR is way overdue for refurbishment. Copper Creek (other than the cabins) are in the main Wilderness Lodge building, so everything is very convenient. You can still use the BR pool if you prefer. Hope you have a great trip!

Just booked our stay for Thanksgiving! Almost forgot today was booking day, thank goodness we like 1 bedrooms that go a little slower. Last stay was Thanksgiving 2019 and we're more than ready to back home as it's still our favorite.

Some views from room (studio) 6135.

i have an awesome video as well, but can’t figure out how to or if I even can post it.

Attachments

• E4A930FB-BF90-4086-8B0C-F6AC732C274C.jpeg
    E4A930FB-BF90-4086-8B0C-F6AC732C274C.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 1A273730-4137-466B-A682-D7EBC4B15313.jpeg
    1A273730-4137-466B-A682-D7EBC4B15313.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 21

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter