•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Hello, we're not owners (yet), but we love Wilderness Lodge. It's been on our bucket list to stay ever since it was built, but we visit quite often on vacation for dining (Artists Point, then Storybook Dining). I had reserved a nature fireworks view on the lodge side for our 34th anniversary in Nov (the only room available for our dates) but when a 1 bedroom Copper Creek came up I changed to that. It was only a little bit more money. Since we're very interested into buying DVC I figured that was a good move. I have a question, we love to sit on balconies and watch the world go by, so I know not to request 7th floor, and most of 6th floor, but what have your favorite room views been? We're more interested in the courtyard side. Thank you for your thoughts :)

Sounds like a great anniversary trip! I always request ‘courtyard view’. Just so beautiful from any room, IMO. Enjoy!

I have a question, we love to sit on balconies and watch the world go by, so I know not to request 7th floor, and most of 6th floor, but what have your favorite room views been? We're more interested in the courtyard side. Thank you for your thoughts :)

We like closer to the main part of the lodge for courtyard view. It is nice to have a variety of the area near the lodge entrance from that side, the pool, and the lake. Not a huge difference but a minor preference.

Hello, we're not owners (yet), but we love Wilderness Lodge. It's been on our bucket list to stay ever since it was built, but we visit quite often on vacation for dining (Artists Point, then Storybook Dining). I had reserved a nature fireworks view on the lodge side for our 34th anniversary in Nov (the only room available for our dates) but when a 1 bedroom Copper Creek came up I changed to that. It was only a little bit more money. Since we're very interested into buying DVC I figured that was a good move. I have a question, we love to sit on balconies and watch the world go by, so I know not to request 7th floor, and most of 6th floor, but what have your favorite room views been? We're more interested in the courtyard side. Thank you for your thoughts :)

We also love sitting on balconies and watching the world go by...
CCV is an excellent place for that. I personally prefer 5th or 4th floor (in order of preference), courtyard view, closer to the lake. That way you can see people going to/from the pool, roaring fork, the geyser, and the boat launch. Not sure of room numbers since we usually stay in 2 bedrooms. I will warn you though that you will be able to hear the boat horns and geyser - even with the doors closed.
Our last trip, we were given 6108 - facing BRV with view of the bus loop. At first I really hated the idea, but from there you can watch people coming and going to the park and Boulder Ridge pool. It's definitely a "quieter" view (less noisy than courtyard) and it really grew on me. I would stay there again without complaint.

I hope you really enjoy your anniversary trip!

Word of warning - the first time we walked into our first CCV villa, my husband just turned to me and asked "where do we sign?" CCV is definitely our favorite!

I understand studio availability goes fast at 11 months. I am considering buying into CCV, but we would be doing 1 or 2 bedrooms. Do these have similar problems?

We typically get 2-bedrooms. Never had a problem getting what we wanted at 11 months. 2-bedroom availability definitely hangs around longer than studio availability. Keep in mind that CCV availability in general goes fast for the time period when Christmas decorations are up...

I understand studio availability goes fast at 11 months. I am considering buying into CCV, but we would be doing 1 or 2 bedrooms. Do these have similar problems?

I've had no problem booking 2 BR's in the spring, summer or fall, but booking one for the 1st week in December this year was a chore. Everyone was walking them, so I had to be online right at 8 AM each day for a week and try to pick up the rooms as they were dropped. I did finally piece our week together, but it was stressful. Still, I look at it that this was a worst case scenario with all the extra points in the system and I still got exactly what we wanted. Lots of people want to stay at Wilderness Lodge during Christmas time - for good reason. Unless you own there, your chances are very slim of ever doing that, at least not for more than an odd night or two you might find.

We also love sitting on balconies and watching the world go by...

Exactly where I'm reading this now.

This is our first time here. We stayed one night in Boulder Ridge when they were building Copper Creek. We own in OKW, BWV and Poly, but if I were buying in for the first time, this would be my pick. Absolutely love it here.

Exactly where I'm reading this now.

This is our first time here. We stayed one night in Boulder Ridge when they were building Copper Creek. We own in OKW, BWV and Poly, but if I were buying in for the first time, this would be my pick. Absolutely love it here.

Please take lots of pictures for us!!!! (especially room view for when you get back!!) Have fun!!!

Staying in a cabin next week to celebrate DD's 21st birthday!!! We are so excited. Do they have the 12 cup coffee maker and what kind of filters will work??? I have a feeling we might need some extra coffee.

Staying in a cabin next week to celebrate DD's 21st birthday!!! We are so excited. Do they have the 12 cup coffee maker and what kind of filters will work??? I have a feeling we might need some extra coffee.
I'm excited for you! They are great. They have the standard Mr. Coffee, basket filter coffee makers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter