• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

Booked a 2BR for Aug 2-7. So excited for the whole family to be together; it's our granddaughter's first trip! She'll only be 11 months, so she won't remember it, but we sure will! The rest of my crew are adults. It's our first time at CCV, so any tips are appreciated. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot! I'm trying to learn as much as I can before requesting a certain area/room.

Booked a 2BR for Aug 2-7. So excited for the whole family to be together; it's our granddaughter's first trip! She'll only be 11 months, so she won't remember it, but we sure will! The rest of my crew are adults. It's our first time at CCV, so any tips are appreciated. I've been reading this thread and have learned a lot! I'm trying to learn as much as I can before requesting a certain area/room.

Humm... Not sure what kind of tips you are looking for, but I recommend Geyser Point at night if you aren’t going to a park, which is an outdoor bar/casual restaurant on property. It lies right next to the water, where you will be able to sit and watch fireworks from. They also pump in the music so you will be able to hear HEA, or whatever fireworks are going on that night. Hope you guys have a great trip!

Last edited:
I don't think the room is critical at CCV. One side looks at the Feature Pool, can be a liitle loud. The other side looks at the member's pool and is quieter- no slide, so most kids are at the feature side. If you like the sounds of kids playing and general excitement, pick left. If not, pick right.

You've picked my favorite resort at WDW, and I've stayed at almost all of them. The restaurants aren't the greatest, but the pools are great, staff is great, ambience is stellar, lobby is grand. The pool bar (Geyser Point) is outstanding. take the short boat ride to the Contemporary to eat though- the Wave and the California Grill are great.

Last edited:

Don’t know what room type you are booking, but if you are able to get the second floor you will not need an elevator!!! We loved that!
Ditto! Our first stay at CCV was on the second floor, we loved it! Easy walk to the lobby, Gift shop, food, wonderful for our family.

I was trying to book a studio for marathon week 2021 and they were gone instantly at 8 AM. January 5th is also gone. Is this normal for marathon week? I never travel in January due to my wife’s work but was planning on running with my sister. Is this also typical of other race weekends?

I was trying to book a studio for marathon week 2021 and they were gone instantly at 8 AM. January 5th is also gone. Is this normal for marathon week? I never travel in January due to my wife’s work but was planning on running with my sister. Is this also typical of other race weekends?
There are fixed weeks for race weeks. Also first week of January is VERY popular. I would say as a popular as Christmas.

Have been DVC members since Dec. 2018. Finally enjoyed our first stay in a CCV 1BRV in Nov. 2019 (Thanksgiving week). LOVED it. We had stayed at WL (hotel side) in Dec. 2018, so we knew we'd love it . . . but our Nov. 2019 stay reminded us of how special WL is! The ambience there (lobby, theming, etc.) can't be beaten and so convenient to be able to ride the boat to MK. The 1BRV was very spacious for our family of 4 and immaculately clean. We enjoyed being able to enjoy breakfast there before going to the parks each day. Nice dining options at WL, too.

As "newish" DVC members, we want to try other DVC resorts (stayed at AKL Kidani in May 2019 - LOVED it; staying at BWV in May 2020 - looking forward to it), but so GLAD to call CCV "home!"

Pictures of your room view would be wonderful. Thank you and have a great time!
I have taken the pictures of the “view” and will definitely post with the room numbers when we leave. It is something totally different for us as far as room location.

Can you see or hear any of the room refurbishment going on at the hotel side? I have 37 days to go!
We could hear some construction noise in the middle of the day in the lobby. Perhaps a saw and a drill, but nothing terrible. The black scrims hide it well from the lobby. The effect of the refurbishment really seems minimal at this time.

Love this pic!!!!! Have a great time!
Thanks so much. We are sooooo happy to be here.

We are home here at Copper Creek for the next 9 days. If anyone has any questions or wants to see pictures of anything specific, let me know.
View attachment 471689
If you happen to get any updates/photos on the Reflections resort construction, that would be cool, particularly if you have an upper room on the bolder ridge side.

We could hear some construction noise in the middle of the day in the lobby. Perhaps a saw and a drill, but nothing terrible. The black scrims hide it well from the lobby. The effect of the refurbishment really seems minimal at this time.

Anyone know how long construction will be taking place in WL?

Anyone know how long construction will be taking place in WL?
I read somewhere (here? Another thread? Another website lol I can't remember) that it's 5 months. I'm hoping that means they expect less but say 5 to cover their butts if it runs long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter