•The Official COPPER CREEK VILLAS & CABINS Owners & Lovers Group•

I will be the woman in an arm sling walking around (fractured radius - of course right before Disney so say hello if you see me sad unable to go on something.). I will have a Mickey Mouse clubhouse and baby groot patch on my sling when in the parks!

Aww I’m sorry to hear that! I hope your trip is still just as magical!!

Just a few quick thoughts from CC.

The studios are tiny. They’re fine for my wife and I, but there is no way I would want to fit my family of 5 (infant daughter) in one.

Our shower doesn’t drain well. It’s very slow and fills up with water. I’m going to let the front desk know.

They keep the AC in the CC hallways at a near subzero level. I swear you could hang meat in them.

The pools are on the smaller size, but get the job done. I wish there were more chairs though.

We ate at Geyser Point for a late lunch. Big thumbs up from me.

This is my first time staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Overall, I really, really like this hotel.

I’m drinking coffee by Bay Lake. Totally relaxing after a crazy day yesterday.

(Sorry for the sideway picture. I can’t figure out how to turn it on my phone)

Attachments

• 9129870A-14FF-46D4-825F-9FDC9BAF78F8.jpeg
    9129870A-14FF-46D4-825F-9FDC9BAF78F8.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 26

For anyone interested in booking an appointment at the salon . . . I hit a snag with my snazzy orange blossom pedicure reservation. I received a confirmation email and, lo and behold, it showed us booked at Saratoga Springs, not the Salon by the Springs at WL. Sigh.

Thinking this was just a whoops, I called MS and was told there were actually no mani/pedi appointments available at WL during our July trip -- not because they're all booked, but because the salon is only staffed with hair stylists during that particular time. This is really not a tragedy -- we'll just have to decide if we're up for making the jaunt over to Saratoga. But I wanted to give others a heads up that while WL technically offers a decent variety of services (just not massages and body treatments), it might not always be staffed in a way that allows them to offer their full menu. I suspect the holiday week has something to do with it. Obviously, YMMV during your trip and I'm hoping somebody manages to get an awesome pedi there!

. . . . . . . . Our shower doesn’t drain well. It’s very slow and fills up with water. I’m going to let the front desk know.. . . .

Just an FYI, you can call maintenance directly on the phone in your room and to report something is broken or not working properly. We have found that is the quickest method to get something fixed.

I’m not officially an owner yet (Disney passed on 2 resale ROFRs so I will be an owner in July!) but I had to post. WL has been a favorite of mine for 20+ years. I grew up in the place during one of Dad’s surprise family trips he really couldn’t afford. Whether it was 3 nights into Xmas morning before driving to Miami for family or watching the Braves finally win their first World Series poolside while my parents enjoyed the WL Honey Wheat beer at the poolside bar. Now it’s my turn to return the favor. Our first planned trip (assuming we can get it) will be a 1BR for my wife and parents thanksgiving weekend 2020!! I am excited to have 48 more years of access and memories at CC and WL!!!

I’m not officially an owner yet (Disney passed on 2 resale ROFRs so I will be an owner in July!) but I had to post. WL has been a favorite of mine for 20+ years. I grew up in the place during one of Dad’s surprise family trips he really couldn’t afford. Whether it was 3 nights into Xmas morning before driving to Miami for family or watching the Braves finally win their first World Series poolside while my parents enjoyed the WL Honey Wheat beer at the poolside bar. Now it’s my turn to return the favor. Our first planned trip (assuming we can get it) will be a 1BR for my wife and parents thanksgiving weekend 2020!! I am excited to have 48 more years of access and memories at CC and WL!!!
Congrats in advance! Exciting for you! Enjoy many great vacas!

:welcome:

It's the best feeling to be able to do this! We took our moms on a trip in a CC two bedroom last summer (that trip is actually what convinced us to buy into DVC). It felt so good to spoil them a little and was their first trip to DW. Great memories.

I feel like this is probably the best place to ask this, looking ahead we are planning to book in December (first week), which I know is really busy across the board. If i'm looking to book a 2 bedroom...should I be on right at 8AM? Will the 2 bedrooms be gone within a day or 2?

I feel like this is probably the best place to ask this, looking ahead we are planning to book in December (first week), which I know is really busy across the board. If i'm looking to book a 2 bedroom...should I be on right at 8AM? Will the 2 bedrooms be gone within a day or 2?
Are you planning on going the first week of December or booking for a later date? If you are planning on booking to go the first week of December I'm afraid that ship sailed a long time ago. I had to walk my reservation and I only needed 2 days and I tried booking 11 months out but I only needed a one bedroom.

Are you planning on going the first week of December or booking for a later date? If you are planning on booking to go the first week of December I'm afraid that ship sailed a long time ago. I had to walk my reservation and I only needed 2 days and I tried booking 11 months out but I only needed a one bedroom.

sorry...I meant for next year (2020)...we actually threw a trip together last minute (7-month window last minute) this year and are staying at SSR the first week of December for this year. Just trying to gauge how realistic it will be to book at 11 months for a 2 bedroom or if I need to try and walk (would rather not go through walking)

sorry...I meant for next year (2020)...we actually threw a trip together last minute (7-month window last minute) this year and are staying at SSR the first week of December for this year. Just trying to gauge how realistic it will be to book at 11 months for a 2 bedroom or if I need to try and walk (would rather not go through walking)
Whew! Ok. I would always be o 11 mo this out BUT, booking a 2 bedroom shouldn't be as difficult as a 1 bd or studio. Still, I wouldnt take any chances!

If I wanted any room in December at CCV I would be on right as the window opens if you’re not open to walking.

If I wanted any room in December at CCV I would be on right as the window opens if you’re not open to walking.
I'm not so sure walking is necessary for a 2 bedroom. I followed the booking for the first two weeks in December and the 2 bedrooms disappeared hours (if not the next day) after the booking window opened. Though I would recommend booking right at 11 months at 8 AM. Though the more that walk the more walking will need to occur so I generally don't recommend it because it just creates the problem one is trying to avoid with walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter