Delete Thread

The restaurants at Universal City Walk always sound good but I would hate to take the time out of my Disney vacation.

I did a Universal trip once with my sister and her family and everyone agreed that there was a lot more to do at Disney.

Great reviews!

I love banana and peanut butter together too, yummy! I don’t eat it at home because of Andi’s severe peanut allergy but I often have it at work for lunch!

Sorry the buffet wasn’t the best. It did look like many choices.

The Elvis" French Toast -Baguette Slices, Bananas, Peanut Butter, Caramel Sauce

SbnTz2Il.jpg
I saw this when you posted it and it still looks DELISH!!!!

The Kissimmee Instagram reposted my picture! (Although they chose a different filter).
Your famous now! And it is exciting...

OMG, I can't imagine being the guy who is has be be trippy, peace and love all day! I don't know why but I find this funny.

The quote in the title is a belief that's very important to Josh, and it's something he has said many times. Especially while we were planning because I wasn't sure if we should do 2 steakhouses, 2 nights in a row. :lmao:
He's a smart man.
I know Starbucks has a different system of sizing that isn't "small, medium, large", but I've never had a problem ordering sizes that way, the cashier made me say the Starbucks equivalent of a small saying she couldn't put the order in if I didn't "call it the proper size". (They didn't have Josh do that when he ordered).
Why do people do this? It's weird and uncomfortable. It's really not a big deal.

Except when I correct Zack that my favorite fast food Mexican chain back home has MEXI FRIES, not tater tots :rotfl:
Yes, let's call it brunch it sounds fancier that way.
:laughing:
Edit: Oops forgot to add in our budget! (We did a bigger budget than last time/usual due to more signature meals & anticipating that F&G snacks can get expensive. We also had a $50 gc to Starbucks, and a $150 to Shulas).
I'm a nerd, I love the budgets :)
These are 2lbs, contain a whole bag of cannoli filling, and I believe are marketed towards parties of 4+.
4+? Pshhhhh... :rotfl:
Chicken Parmigiano-marinara, mozzarella, linguine
This is all it would take to get Zack to go here.
There was also an awkward moment when our entrees were brought over. The lady that brought them asked how they tasted and Josh said we hadn't gotten a chance to try them yet. She looked him dead in the eye and said...I'll wait" and then stood there until we both tried them and reassured her they were good.
Why????
Frozen Hot Chocolate-A Frozen Concoction of Valrhona Chocolate with a Whisper of Cinnamon

Sadly, it did not live up to the hype. It just tasted like a slushie made of chocolate syrup, and I don't really like chocolate syrup. I'm not sure what I expected it to be, but that wasn't it.
That's very disappointing!
"The Elvis" French Toast -Baguette Slices, Bananas, Peanut Butter, Caramel Sauce

This was so good! It tasted like a peanut butter and banana sandwich with caramel on top :p I love peanut butter and bananas together, and I don't tend to eat one without the other.
This looks amazing! Right up my alley!
The Kissimmee Instagram reposted my picture! (Although they chose a different filter).
#Famous :smooth:

I think I want to try the Kitchen next time we go... whenever that is. :confused3 Thinking about September - I'll be so behind on ADRs! Off to check out the Kitchen menu - someday we will have our cake Dismeet!

The French toast looks amazing!!!

It was!

We did get to have dinner at the Kitchen and really enjoyed it.
The Minions breakfast at SF is tempting me for November DD loves them.
The French toast does look good.

Ooo I'm glad you liked it!

If they have the same food as they have in Amatista I'd pass on it because the food wasn't good unless you really want to see the minions. However sometimes the minions are at the rotating character meals too although it's not guranteed who will be there. But we've seen minions and Gru before.

Oh my! :rotfl: How embarrassing!

It was :rotfl:

Bummer! It sounds and looks good though!

Yeah, it sounds great, I've always been curious about frozen hot chocolate, so it was disappointing.

How cool! You're famous!

It was pretty cool because I think that's the biggest account I've ever been reposted by :cool1: (that's my famous emoji :rotfl:)

[QUOTE I also got an omelet with bacon, cheddar, tomato, and onion /QUOTE]
My kindred spirit...this is also my favorite omlette ever.
My DH and I love RPR character breakfast, but I was thinking of trying The Kitchen this year. Thanks for sharing the review knowing that I can try that Elvis french toast and get my favorite omlette sealed the deal for me.:banana:

:thumbsup2

Yeah, I'd go for it for the omelet and french toast!

That's cool!
So the breakfast buffet at the Kitchen doesn't look much better than one over at Amatista except for maybe the griddle station :rolleyes: At least you can say you've tried it.

Yeah the buffet itself wasn't much better, I would rank it above Amatista because of the omelets and griddle station though. Amatista's a la carte menu doesn't look bad, but I'm not sure if I want to go back :rotfl:

Mexi fries, I love it :laughing: and I want some.
Tater tots with delicious seasoning, and then you have to dip them in their ranch dressing they make fresh each day. Plus maybe their spicy cheese sauce... :thumbsup2:
I think we could probably eat that cannoli ourselves if we tried :thumbsup2
Cannoli AND cake Dismeets! :rotfl:
You should! Ooo if you go again in Sep we're trying to do a long weekend for HHN opening weekend again! I'm trying to get approved for an extra day though, and my boss is being a bit difficult so I'm not sure how long it'll be yet. (Well he said he would make it work, but never officially submitted the request which makes me nervous. I tried talking to him about it once but didn't get any answers so I'll have to bring it up again). If so maybe we can eat cake then!
That would be awesome! I've got the 14th to the 23rd booked right now... We're officially at the Dolphin the 17th to 23rd on points (yay free!:laughing:) but the 14th to 17th are up in the air... debating Universal vs Sea World/Busch Gardens (that's mostly Zack) vs all Disney. I've got a room at Pop those nights right now since we don't know. Hmm... I'm also thinking about APs again now... we've got a summer 2019 trip in the works, I might start a PTR for that one... off to compare ticket prices!

Tater tots with delicious seasoning, and then you have to dip them in their ranch dressing they make fresh each day. Plus maybe their spicy cheese sauce... :thumbsup2:

Ooo sounds delicious. :p

Cannoli AND cake Dismeets! :rotfl:

Good idea! Just not both at once :rotfl:

That would be awesome! I've got the 14th to the 23rd booked right now... We're officially at the Dolphin the 17th to 23rd on points (yay free!:laughing:) but the 14th to 17th are up in the air... debating Universal vs Sea World/Busch Gardens (that's mostly Zack) vs all Disney. I've got a room at Pop those nights right now since we don't know. Hmm... I'm also thinking about APs again now... we've got a summer 2019 trip in the works, I might start a PTR for that one... off to compare ticket prices!

If all goes according to plan we'll be leaving the Dolphin on the 17th :rotfl: I hope you do Universal before then if so we could try for a cake dismeet! (Or if you do Disney we'll be over there too).

perfect GIF usage!

Thank you! :rotfl:

Actually your whole meal there looked wonderful, I feel like you could really get your money's worth at the griddle station.

You definitely could! If you only order 2 things I think you'd still be coming up ahead of what it would cost a la carte.

I love nachos but think the opposite, mine at home are never as good. Those look great.

8pE4aJnl.jpg

That was really good too! And it looked really cool with the little shark gummi and everything.
It looks so cute!

The pineapple donut looked interesting. Sorry it didn't live up to your hopes.

Those nachos look delicious! And I love the gummi shark :)

I am hardcore craving Florida dining. I feel like most of what we have here at home is chains, like Applebees and Olive Garden. And the fee new interesting places we've gotten are still chains, they're just the first in our part of Colorado.

I love nachos! Those look very good. My husband makes awesome nachos at home too! The donut dessert sounds interesting. What a bummer about the rain all day, no fun at the parks when it is pouring.

Those nachos look fantastic! Glad to hear they were large enough to share. The smoothie looked good and refreshing too.

Shipwrecked Loaded Nachos - Black Beans, Cheddar Cheese Fondue, Sour Cream, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, Shredded Lettuce, Scallions, and choice of Grilled Chicken or Seasoned Beef

Tn0JrEpl.jpg

Those look so good! I've stayed at RPR twice and meant to get them both times, just never did.

the donut ended up being the same price as the nachos

Yikes…crazy!

Shipwrecked Loaded Nachos -

Those look GOOD! I find many places have huge nacho portions, which is great except when you're in Disney/Universal it's not convenient to take them back to your room usually. We almost never end up reheating food if we take it back. Snacks yes, but not food.

I know those were at Universal, but I feel like on one of our Disney trips I need to make it a point to find all the nachos I can lol!

Your buffet certainly didn't look great, but I think all of those griddles options would make it worth it. Did they limit you to only one visit or could you get whatever you wanted? If its the latter I think I'd just stick to that.

OMG those Nachos. As I sit here on a Sunday evening to little to no food in our house I could totally devour those right about now. But I"m sure Josh's are better :-)

Your buffet certainly didn't look great, but I think all of those griddles options would make it worth it. Did they limit you to only one visit or could you get whatever you wanted? If its the latter I think I'd just stick to that.

As far as I know you could get whatever you wanted, but I didn't test it out so I'm not 100%. I did go to both the omelet and griddle stations though.

OMG those Nachos. As I sit here on a Sunday evening to little to no food in our house I could totally devour those right about now. But I"m sure Josh's are better :-)

They were amazing! And Josh's are too! Now I also want some nachos ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter