“You’re My Favorites: Now Go Away!” Feb/Mar 2019 First Family Trip (Complete 8/19)

I really enjoyed your trip report! Kids first time in Disney is so special. I will never forget my first trip with my uncle and grandma when I was 5. They would be gone 2 and 5 years later, every time I am in Disney I can feel them there with me and it is special.

The vomit woman made me seriously tear up! What a complete saint she is! She probably doesn't even know how much her gestures meant to your family! I am so sorry that B and C got sick on the plane. Hopefully they dont focus on that part when thinking about Disney!

I am glad the dining plan worked out well for your family. I think a trip with lots of Character breakfasts and or signature meals makes the plan worthwhile. My Husband and I spent over $200 on California Grille in May and similar at Yachtsman Steakhouse last September, the DP would have been well worth they money for those two meals alone!

What great memories to have with your family. This was a really special trip for our family and I hope my girls remember at least the feeling of it when they're older.

Our seatmate was really the best, truly a kind soul.

Wow, that's a bill for CG! The DDP was a lot of food, and not something we'd do every time, but it was awesome for this type of trip.

Great TR! I think the DDP was definitely a great move for your family and like you said, allowed you to get the things you wanted rather than be frugal!

I'm glad you all had a great trip and I'm glad your girls are making it back for the holiday season! lol

Thanks for reading along! Yeah, the DDP really let us go nuts this trip. I don't think it's something we'd do every time, but it really worked for us on this one.

It's funny, the leaves are starting to fall here and I thought, "Ok, maybe it's not TOO too early to go to a Halloween party after all." :rotfl:

My cousin and mom also get very sick on airplanes, poor girls. So lucky that the seatmate was SO kind and understanding. A little bit of Disney magic leftover ✨

I sincerely hope you write another TR for your "Halloween" trip because I can't even imagine the gems that will come out of the girls for that 🤣

We were very lucky with our kind seatmate. I honestly don't think I would have reacted so well myself if I had been on the receiving end.

Thanks so much for reading along! I have every intention of doing another TR. It's been so much fun reliving everything as I write it out.

What a mess with the mobile ordering! And i'm sorry the day kinda ended on a sour note with the ride situation. But hey, using up all your l eftover credits sounds like a fun way to say goodbye!!

Oh nooo I'm sorry 2 of the 3 girls got sick on the way home. What an understanding seat mate you had!! Especially after the flight when she offered so much help!

That pic of the girls with their lightsabers is too cute!

Thank you for sharing your trip, I enjoyed reading all about it! Can't wait for the next TR!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting along the way! I have every intention of doing another TR very soon, so hopefully it's a short wait. :-)

Read through the whole thing, and OMG, what a first trip! You did an amazing job with the planning and managing 3 5 year olds - I wish I had been half as prepared on our first trip! I enjoyed reading this so much and laughed out loud multiple times. Your girls are adorable and definitely full of personality and I'm sure you've got some fun years - and additional trips! - ahead of you. As I was reading there were several things I wanted to comment on specifically, but now, of course, I have forgotten them all so I'll just say thank you for sharing your adventures and your family! Looking forward to the next one!

Awe, thank you so much! It has been so much fun writing the report and reliving our trip. I will definitely be doing another one soon.

Wow, what a masterpiece!!! I mean the planning of the trip, the execution of it, and the reporting of it! This is one of the best reports I’ve read in about fifteen years of reading them on and off! I feel like that Ali express store ought to be paying you commission, haha! And I feel so frustrated on your behalf by the way the whole Mickey meet went down on the last day. I learned so much from this report alone - the photo booths being a highlight (so many missed opportunities!! Will have to make up for it next trip). Your girls are so sweet and hilarious - I feel like my five year old would love them (she’s more shy but also not a runner/wanderer type). The DDP analysis was so interesting and I loved that you compared it to an estimated moderate splurge budget, which I don’t recall having seen before in other reports. What a huge effort it must have been to crank out all these posts while the kids weren’t around, after the Herculean task of planning the whole thing. I am so psyched about reading your next trip report and can only imagine the palpability of the excitement at your house right now, what with the trip being so close!!! I hope you have an even better time (if such a thing is possible!) the second time around!

Wow, that's so sweet of you. I'm glad you enjoyed the report- I loved reliving our trip as I wrote it.

We are at peak excitement here (one more sleep!) and, while I can't fathom having a better time, I hope we have a different-but-also-unforgettable trip this time around.

Oh dear, not the smoothest flight home, was it? I had a terrible feeling when you said your DH got up to give you a hand that there would be another accident on the way. I feel like that's how it always happens when you've got kids....Murphy's Law or something.
So glad everyone was kind and understanding and you got your bags to the median!

The girls dressed as jedis the following morning is too cute!

Yep, it's hilarious how quickly you find yourself returning to WDW after a fantastic trip.

Thanks so much for the wonderful trip report; I really enjoyed following along and look forward to your next one when you return. :goodvibes

I am finally back on the boards after our trip. And I have a lot of catching up to do! I also have a lot to do before school starts! Are you in Disney now?!?! I hope this hurricane isn't ruining your plans.

The CMs kept calling people who weren’t there yet to get food while a clump of us got progressively more restless. It seemed like the group of us waiting just kept growing while very little food was getting picked up. Eventually, a CM with a tablet came around to help with the crowd: one couple in particular was having trouble because their app crashed before they could mark themselves having arrived. At this point, I’d been waiting about 20 minutes so I asked the CM if she had an update on my food. After pulling up my order, she said that it was already ready. We walked over to the counter and, lo and behold, there was my tray. I’m not entirely clear why my name was never called, and the app never did update to say I should come get my food, but I didn’t have any time to stay and complain about the delay. At this point, it was 12:37pm which meant I was missing the beginning of the parade.
This was what I expirenced a couple trips back at Restaurantaurous. But not that long! oye. The worst is by then, you just want your food and can't bother with complaining.

The girls decided to add it to our PP for good measure.

NspbEOpl.jpg
Ha! too funny.

The bus was there right at 5pm to take us to the airport and we begrudgingly said goodbye to Disne
Those busses are incredibly on time!!!!

The girls were engrossed in the little movie, so the distance wasn’t a problem. If anything, it gave everyone else a bit of entertainment: when the movie started suggesting we all come back for holiday events, the kids yelled “Did you hear that, Mom, we can come back to do Halloween with Mickey!” and all of the adults chuckled at my poor bank account.
Ha! My youngest belly laughed and laughed at the cartoons one ride, and you could hear all the adults just chuckling at her little high pitched laughing.

. Meanwhile, the oh-so-understanding aforementioned seat mate had folded a few napkins into little dolls and sent them up with the attendant, along with her hopes that the girls were feeling better. It turns out B tossed all over the belongings of a saint!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What a way to end your trip!

Obviously, standard procedure is no re-admittance, which I didn’t know because I had never tried. When I explained that I had three sleeping kids to carry out, they laughed and said I could go ahead and get them myself.
Did you mention that they were puke covered as well?

While we were trying to figure things out, our unlucky seatmate and her sister saw us and offered to help. I apologized profusely for the vomit, thanked her for the dolls, and said that we could handle the bags once we got them lined up properly. She and her sister were having none of it. They said that they were from a large family who all had to pitch in and that their mom had taught them better than to leave us with all of that stuff ourselves. They essentially gave us no choice, each grabbing a large rolling bag and heading for the exit. When we all made it out to the median, we thanked them and apologized again, but they brushed it off and said they were glad to help. Seriously, saints!!
Seriously a saint!!! If she came from a big family, they probably had that happen to them before. But seriously what amazing luck!!

And getting out of Philly at the end a trip is a pain in ***. I sent DH to long term parking by himself once in an effort to move things along while I collected the suitcases. It didn't help.

The next days were filled with exhaustion, laundry, and post-Disney blues. Our breakfast of Boardwalk Bakery chocolate croissants and milk from our resort mugs did help to ease our transition back to the real world.

8cvjUL1l.jpg
Those little things do help a little. Just pulling those mugs out every once in awhile does help.

Hubby and I had one crazy kid-free day at AK in July and we’re bringing the whole crew back for a last-hurrah-before-kindergarten in just a few short days. If you want the long story, feel free to peruse my PTR. Otherwise, I have every intention of starting another trip report just as soon as we take the kids to celebrate Halloween a mere 67 days early.
YEAH!!! They are going to love it! Hopefully, it won't be as crowded as our was.

Oh dear, not the smoothest flight home, was it? I had a terrible feeling when you said your DH got up to give you a hand that there would be another accident on the way. I feel like that's how it always happens when you've got kids....Murphy's Law or something.
So glad everyone was kind and understanding and you got your bags to the median!

The girls dressed as jedis the following morning is too cute!

Yep, it's hilarious how quickly you find yourself returning to WDW after a fantastic trip.

Thanks so much for the wonderful trip report; I really enjoyed following along and look forward to your next one when you return. :goodvibes

No, not the smoothest flight home. I could have done with a tad less vomit.

Thanks so much for reading along! We definitely jumped right back into the Disney rabbit hole. I'm starting to go through my notes now and plan to have a TR up very soon.

Are you in Disney now?!?! I hope this hurricane isn't ruining your plans.

We flew home Thursday night, so no storm impact for us. Thank goodness!

The worst is by then, you just want your food and can't bother with complaining.

I certainly just wanted to get out of there by the time I had our food.

Did you mention that they were puke covered as well?

Haha, I should have!

And getting out of Philly at the end a trip is a pain in ***. I sent DH to long term parking by himself once in an effort to move things along while I collected the suitcases. It didn't help.

We were very grateful that my FIL was willing to drive the van over to pick us up. Getting all of that luggage and sleepy kid onto a shuttle to get to the car would have been more than we were ready to handle that night.

Those little things do help a little. Just pulling those mugs out every once in awhile does help.

We use them every now and then, mostly on lazy weekends, and it always makes us smile.

I missed the wrap-up of your report while I was away! What a shame about your last day not going so smoothly, with all the mobile order snafus and down ride.

I really appreciate all your calculations on the dining plan! I did a preliminary calculation before we decided to buy the DDP and figured we would come out about even, but for me it was totally worth it to not have to stress about how much every meal and snack cost.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR - your girls are just adorable and I love all the planning and detail you put into everything.

Popping over to your new TR now!

I missed the wrap-up of your report while I was away! What a shame about your last day not going so smoothly, with all the mobile order snafus and down ride.

I really appreciate all your calculations on the dining plan! I did a preliminary calculation before we decided to buy the DDP and figured we would come out about even, but for me it was totally worth it to not have to stress about how much every meal and snack cost.

I've really enjoyed reading your TR - your girls are just adorable and I love all the planning and detail you put into everything.

Popping over to your new TR now!

Yeah, things didn't end on my favorite note, but it was a great trip overall.

We really made out on the DDP this trip. It was a great choice for the type of dining we were doing.

Thanks so much for reading along and commenting!

I was determined to make it through this trip report before starting your latest, and I just finished! I really enjoyed the report. Your girls are adorable and I am in awe of all the planning you did. I'm very excited to read your new report!

That, my friends, is chutes and ladders being played on Splash Mountain while my kids attempt to hold on for dear life.

This is just amazing. I love this!

After discussing it with Hubby, we opted to skip the Stretching Room. I didn’t want that to set them off before they managed to get on the ride.

I really wish I had finished your report before the trip we just got back from! If only I had known it was an option to skip the Stretching Room... both last year and this year it set off my oldest daughter, making the ride more difficult. I will know for next time!

Your girls are adorable and I am in awe of all the planning you did. I'm very excited to read your new report!

That's so sweet; thanks! And thanks for reading along.

I really wish I had finished your report before the trip we just got back from! If only I had known it was an option to skip the Stretching Room... both last year and this year it set off my oldest daughter, making the ride more difficult. I will know for next time!

I read about it on another TR here and was really glad that I did. Fingers crossed it works for you next time.

I am late to the game here but I just finished power reading your whole trip report! It was definitely one of the best trip reports I've read and I could relate to your stories with girls even though I only have two of my own. Thank you for the time and effort in creating this report. It was great and is helping hold me over until our next trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter