“Would You Like an Adventure Now?" A July PTR *Updated 8/1

amazingact21

Upendi

Hi there! :wave2: Welcome to my Pre-trip report; thanks for stopping by.

It’s been a while, hasn’t it?

Have you forgotten who I am? I understand if you have.

Or perhaps you don’t know me from a hole in the wall and are, at this very moment, thinking I’m very presumptuous to assume we’re already acquaintances.

I apologize. Let me introduce myself.

I’m Alicia.

There. That’s better. Now we’re all on the same playing field. And to make up for my lack of manners earlier, here’s a picture of a cookie.

Not just any cookie, either.

A
Gideon’s pistachio cookie.
:love::love:

There. If pixels of that big boy doesn’t make up for my earlier rudeness, I’m not sure what will.

Perhaps you are in reach of a lovely snack right at this very moment. If so, please share with me what you’re having. Anyone drinking a cup of something warm? I’d love that right about now. It’s a wee bit chilly here this morning.

Hold on.

Ah, yes, this is much better. Now, I’ve made myself some decaffeinated coffee (I’ve gotten boring in my old(er) age!) and am using my Animal Kingdom Been There mug to enjoy it.

Are you partial to a Disney mug? I’m a sucker for coffee mugs, so please…share them with me as well!

All right, all right. Enough dillydallying. *takes a dainty sip of coffee*

Time to get down to business!

As I mentioned, I’m Alicia and am the head planner and stresser of Walt Disney World trips, this one included.

Coming along with me is my partner in crime, my snack enabler, my water bottle carrier, my hubs…Alex!

Together, the two of us have been going to Walt Disney World for a billion years. Ehhh, maybe not quite that long, but it’s definitely been over a decade.

I mean, look at these babies on their first trip together!

The two of us have cruised on the Disney Magic.

Ran miles through Disneyland Paris.

And indoctrinated two more humans into the Disney craze.

That right there are our kiddos. Who used to be little and used to insist on being carried or pushed around the Magic Kingdom. Now, they run ahead of us and dress themselves.

Got to take the good with the bad, right?

The oldest, the one with the (
slightly) shorter hair, is Landon.

He’s eight now.

EIGHT.

You know, when he was younger and was best friends with Peter Pan, I thought I stood a chance of him not growing up. But alas, he’s traded his time spent with Peter for reading Harry Potter and earning screentime on the Switch, hopping around with Mario and Luigi.

Always at her big brother’s side, is his little sister, Evelyn.

In past reports, she has been Evie. And when her father is calling her down for dinner, she’s still Evie. But at school, she insists on going by her full name. So I apologize in advance if I switch back and forth between the two names. Old habits and all.

(And you could not possibly be more confused than her poor teacher, whom I emailed once asking if Evie could do something, and she had to respond back with, “Who? Do you mean Evelyn???”)

*sigh*

Evelyn is six. To make her happy, show her a diagram of an animal’s skeletal system or let her remove a spider from your house. If those don’t do the trick, talk to her about the different droids and lighsabers in Star Wars.

:goodvibes
Give me a second here, friends. Writing about my family felt like a brand new experience.

Our last trip, the epic one of 2019, happened a lifetime ago. Landon and Evie were 6 and 3 years old!

I wish I were exaggerating when I say that they are two different kids now.

Now, there’s no more need for Rider Swaps.

Now, there’s no more strollers or baby carriers.

Now, our snack budget is going to triple, because Landon eats
All. The. Time.

Now, Landon carries his own backpack around.

Now, Evie won’t willingly dress up as a princess.

But the best change, the one I cannot wait for?

Now, the kids have their own interests and preferences and contribute to the formation of the trip.

Landon and Evie have watched a lot of videos during lockdown about the parks. They know what attractions they want to try, what parks they want to spend the most time in, and what foods they want to try.

It’s going to be fun. Visiting Walt Disney World with a (he’ll have a birthday before we go) nine year old and a six year old. The touring will be different than in the past, the dynamic will be brand new, but hopefully, the experience will be just a great.

We can’t wait.

Up next: A Few Details Sprinkled in Here and There.

In past reports, she has been Evie. And when her father is calling her down for dinner, she’s still Evie. But at school, she insists on going by her full name. So I apologize in advance if I switch back and forth between the two names. Old habits and all.
(And you could not possibly be more confused than her poor teacher, whom I emailed once asking if Evie could do something, and she had to respond back with, “Who? Do you mean Evelyn???”)

I so understand this. My DD (Elizabeth) only went by her full name until 5th grade. I went to meet the teacher night and all of her teachers were like who is your daughter and then said oh Liz. That was the first time I heard of her going by any other name then Elizabeth. She is still Elizabeth to us but for her friends and teachers it is Liz. It has been 4 years now and we just have not been able to switch but she is fine with it.

I am so glad you are getting to go back. We will be going back in 2023 when my 2 will be going with the marching band. So DH and I are going to have our first trip without the kids. We have been told we are not allowed to be by them during the trip. We will just watch them March in MK and then let them have fun with their friends while we finally get to do adult stuff. The last time we went they were in 3rd and 4th grade.

Circled back to add actual comments. I was excitied that I got to be first!

I’m Alicia.
Great photo of you! Love it!

Not just any cookie, either.

A
Gideon’s pistachio cookie.
That's just mean!!! I need to try these cookies!!! Yum

Are you partial to a Disney mug? I’m a sucker for coffee mugs, so please…share them with me as well!
My favorite right now is my Home mug, with the o being a castle. But I try to rotate through all the mugs I have collected over the trips.

He’s eight now.

EIGHT.
How is THAT possible!!! Crazy!!

But at school, she insists on going by her full name. So I apologize in advance if I switch back and forth between the two names. Old habits and all.
OMG, I love this! She is becoming her own person! Gwen is the opposite, she wants to be JSUT Gwen not Gwendolyn.

Now, there’s no more need for Rider Swaps.
Personally, I love this! I want us to be together and it saves time!

Now, our snack budget is going to triple, because Landon eats All. The. Time.
Boys!!!

Landon and Evie have watched a lot of videos during lockdown about the parks. They know what attractions they want to try, what parks they want to spend the most time in, and what foods they want to try.
The best part of Disney is the trips grow with the family. It really will be a different trip this time than others. And it makes if so fun!

Can't wait to hear what you have planned!

Joining in and SO excited for you!!!

Eeek, I cannot believe how big your babies are getting! They were so little when I first read one of your reports. 9 and 6 is an awesome age for the parks. They are still young enough for everything to be magical but old enough to be independent.
Looking forward to hearing all the details!!

Following! :surfweb:

Thank you for joining along!

It has been 4 years now and we just have not been able to switch but she is fine with it.

I guess it never dawned on me that she'd want to make the switch in school. I always figured she might go by her full name when she's an adult and want to sound more professional, but yeah, it's amusing to hear her little kindergarten friends yelling out, "Evelynnnn" :rotfl:

We will be going back in 2023 when my 2 will be going with the marching band. So DH and I are going to have our first trip without the kids.

Sounds like it will be a win all around. The kids will feel special getting to hang out in the parks with their friends while you get some quality time with your DH!

Following! I remember reading your trip reports when Landon was a baby!

Thanks for popping into this report! That report with Landon as a baby seems like another lifetime ago.

I need to try these cookies!!! Yum

I know it's on your list, and I really hope you get to go to Gideon's in Feb!!!

My favorite right now is my Home mug, with the o being a castle.

I love when merchandise has the castle on it. Sounds like a lovely mug. :goodvibes

How is THAT possible!!! Crazy!!

I'm sure it's the same for you, but it's hard to remember them ever being little babies. Seems like a different world!

Gwen is the opposite, she wants to be JSUT Gwen not Gwendolyn.

I think I'd be surprised if she suddenly wanted to go by Gwendolyn in your reports. She's been Gwen for as long as I think I've been reading!

Personally, I love this! I want us to be together and it saves time!

Personally, I'm excited about it, because usually I don't want to waste the time using the Rider Swap so I skip the height restricted rides. I haven't been on Test Track since Landon was an infant. Gonna almost be a new trip experience for me, as well.

They are still young enough for everything to be magical but old enough to be independent.

That was a major factor into us deciding to go next summer. We knew the next opportunity would be when Landon was 12, and I didn't want to miss these golden years.

Great intro. I can’t believe how grown up the kids are. Another one here with a daughter who changed her name though mine went the other way. She was Nicola to us ( still is to her auntie Mags) and even asked that her baby brother had 2 “n”s in his name when he was born so they’d both “have the same amount of letters”. Then within a year ( aged 9) she decided she wanted to be called Nicky and she is Nicky to everyone in the world except auntie Mags:rotfl: Think it may have been something to do with being a huge Westlife fan :rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing your plans. Like you, we haven’t been to WDW in such a long time it’s ago going to feel new when we eventually get back!

Last edited:
I'm here! Tell your kiddos to stop growing!!! How has it been 2+ years since I got to meet them in London?!
Can't wait to hear all you have planned when you return to WDW!

Following along. It is hard seeing our kids grow up...but each age/stage bring new things to learn about them :)

Following! I can’t believe how big the kids are. 2019 feels like it was just here and yet 2022 is mere weeks away. Time is a thief. I barely make it to the Dis these days but look forward to checking in when I can.

Great intro. I can’t believe how grown up the kids are. Another one here with a daughter who changed her name though mine went the other way. She was Nicola to us ( still is to her auntie Mags) and even asked that her baby brother had 2 “n”s in his name when he was born so they’d both “have the same amount of letters”. Then within a year ( aged 9) she decided she wanted to be called Nicky and she is Nicky to everyone in the world except auntie Mags:rotfl: Think it may have been something to do with being a huge Westlufe fan :rotfl:
Looking forward to hearing your plans. Like you, we haven’t been to WDW in such a long time it’s ago going to feel new when we eventually get back!

Kids and their chosen names! I don't know about anyone else, but I never imagined when Evie was a newborn that she'd just flip her name choice. Guess I'm relieved Landon can't really swap to another name.

I'm starting to wonder if the corridor between here and Disney will ever be fully open again. I know travel has resumed, but now we're back to tests within 24 hours and isolation until Day 2 tests upon returning. Between those dang PCR costs and Genie + I feel like I'm throwing money away. :sad::rotfl:

I'm here! Tell your kiddos to stop growing!!! How has it been 2+ years since I got to meet them in London?!
Can't wait to hear all you have planned when you return to WDW!

It's so hard to believe! Feels like a lifetime ago. My sister in-law is moving back to MN next spring, though, and odds are extremely high we'll be heading somewhere north after England, so I'm sure we will return to your neck of the woods for visits. Of course, by then, all our kids are going to be preteens/teens and want nothing to do with us and our Disney talk.

Following along. It is hard seeing our kids grow up...but each age/stage bring new things to learn about them :)

Thanks for joining!
It has been fascinating watching the kids grow and find their own personalities and strengths. I'm amazed at every stage. And in terms of Disney, it's been so fun to see them experience the parks at varying times. I know some times, I wish they were little again, so I could strap them into a carrier and lug them onto whatever dark ride suited my fancy. But, then I think about their laughter on a coaster and my heart gets full. Plus, reading several DISers reports about traveling with adult kids makes me hope one day my kids will want that sort of experience, as well.

Following! I can’t believe how big the kids are. 2019 feels like it was just here and yet 2022 is mere weeks away. Time is a thief. I barely make it to the Dis these days but look forward to checking in when I can.

Time soars by once you become a parent. I have no doubt your hands are kept full with your little one. Who, by the way, I cannot believe is 1 now! When did that happen?! All these DIS babies growing up.:sad:

Well since I've been away for so long and I see someone starting something new, this seems like a great place to jump in.

My gosh, your kids are getting so grown up. I mean ours are too, apparently it must be inevitable. I'm looking forward to seeing your plans and how the kids' involvement in the process changes things.

I never imagined when Evie was a newborn that she'd just flip her name choice. Guess I'm relieved Landon can't really swap to another name
Don’t speak too soon lol. He could become Don
I'm starting to wonder if the corridor between here and Disney will ever be fully open again.
You and me both! Just when I think about a trip it all gets complicated again 😞. Totally agree with you on the costs too, on genie and tests, plus the actual costs for things we’d enjoy like lodging and parks has rocketed! I’d still love to be there though and I guess that’s how they get away with it.

I'm here too and really looking forward to your trip.

The kids really have grown and you're bringing them back at a great age, plus they're not Disney Adults yet. I'm sure their preferences in rides and food will be very different. I'm sure the carrousel won't be Evie's favorite this time.

I love that she chose to be Evelyn. It's a beautiful name. My youngest is Danielle and always will be to us. When she was in school her friends called her Dani. Her Disney friends and co-workers know her as Ellie. When I heard one of them use it I had no idea who they were speaking to. It still throws me off.

Well since I've been away for so long and I see someone starting something new, this seems like a great place to jump in.

My gosh, your kids are getting so grown up. I mean ours are too, apparently it must be inevitable. I'm looking forward to seeing your plans and how the kids' involvement in the process changes things.

Don't worry, at the rate I update nowadays, you can take long hiatuses and still not miss anything on my report. :rotfl:
That being said...Hi!!!!!
It's good to see you on the boards again! Hope life has been treating you well and you and your family are doing all right.
And speaking of kids growing up, isn't your oldest almost a teenager? Please don't say he already is, I might cry. Your three have undoubtedly grown and changed as much as mine have. They have the audacity to do that...

Don’t speak too soon lol. He could become Don

Now that you mention it, one of my friends calls him Lando. He doesn't care for it, but since it's only her that does it and she's an adult and it's only on occassion, I think he puts up with it. Plus, she gives him fresh strawberries every time he goes over to her house. (I'm allergic to them so he never has them at home.)

You and me both! Just when I think about a trip it all gets complicated again 😞. Totally agree with you on the costs too, on genie and tests, plus the actual costs for things we’d enjoy like lodging and parks has rocketed! I’d still love to be there though and I guess that’s how they get away with it.

Literally, the day after we booked the flights back to Orlando, Omicron was announced. Alex and I just laughed at said, "that's about right."
We're fortunate to have military discounts to help with tickets, otherwise there's no way we could've made the plunge and covered flights, tickets, and lodging. It's so disappointing, but hopefully eventually things will peter out and become more reasonable again. Fingers crossed it happens while your two absolutely adorable grandkids that I love seeing photos of on social are still young. :goodvibes

I'm here too and really looking forward to your trip.

The kids really have grown and you're bringing them back at a great age, plus they're not Disney Adults yet. I'm sure their preferences in rides and food will be very different. I'm sure the carrousel won't be Evie's favorite this time.

I love that she chose to be Evelyn. It's a beautiful name. My youngest is Danielle and always will be to us. When she was in school her friends called her Dani. Her Disney friends and co-workers know her as Ellie. When I heard one of them use it I had no idea who they were speaking to. It still throws me off.

Alex and I had a bit of a shock when we realized if we didn't go next summer, then Landon would be a Disney Adult by the next opportunity! How did that happen?! Last I remembered, we were getting him in for free. :sad:

We went to Legoland a few months back, and she loved an attraction that dropped. So if I were to guess, Tower of Terror might overrule the Carousel this trip. Although, Alex did tell her that she has to go on it once, for our sake. :rotfl:

Oh wow! I don't doubt hearing Ellie threw you off. I never thought about choosing a new nickname again. I mean, ultimately, it's their name and identity so it's whatever they're comfortable with, but it must be a little confusing for you. :laughing:
This doesn't bode well for me, either. Because Evelyn has sooo many variations. Evie, Eve, Lyn, etc.

Literally, the day after we booked the flights back to Orlando, Omicron was announced. Alex and I just laughed at said, "that's about right."
Murphy’s Law!

Tried to add another quote but the Dis isn’t playing with me lol- yes we hope to go some Christmas with the grandkids while they’re still wee. Originally had hoped for 2022 but with the crazy prices it’s more likely to be 2024. Hopefully the men in my life and I will get a summer trip before then 🤞

That being said...Hi!!!!!
It's good to see you on the boards again! Hope life has been treating you well and you and your family are doing all right.
And speaking of kids growing up, isn't your oldest almost a teenager? Please don't say he already is, I might cry. Your three have undoubtedly grown and changed as much as mine have. They have the audacity to do that...
Hi! It's great to be back and see everyone again. We're doing well, suffering through the second time Covid has hit our house now, but thankfully 2 of the kids still haven't had it and we will all be free from quarantine by Thursday. Our Landon is not a teenager yet. He'll be 12 next month. Although the middle one already seems to think she is one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter