“Something unexpected has occurred”

Lorana

DIS Veteran
I’ve been trying for a week now to snag an AKV Value room and consistently receive the error message “something unexpected has occurred” which forces me to refresh.

Can you no longer sit on the results page and hit “continue” right at 8am? Is this replacing the error message that you’re trying to book outside your booking window (am I hitting it too early)? Is anyone else seeing this?

thanks!

Last edited:
So sorry, @Lorana! I’ve been getting a lot of “unexpected” errors too, but sadly (for you) that is not a replacement of the “you’re outside of your window” message (I’ve still seen that pretty recently). My errors have happened all throughout the day… and I really hate to even suggest this (fodder to the fire, and all)… but it has only been happening with my resale memberships. 🙄

Does sitting in the results screen (where it shows a room is available, and you just need to click continue) until 8am and clicking continue still normally work? I'm just wondering if I'm in that screen too soon, and I need to refresh or something. Naturally after I refresh, all value studios are gone. :-/ But I have literally received this message every single day I have tried for a value room at 8am.

I’ve been trying for a week now to snag an AKV Value room and consistently receive the error message “something unexpected has occurred” which forces me to refresh.

Can you no longer sit on the results page and hit “continue” right at 8am? Is this replacing the error message that you’re trying to book outside your booking window (am I hitting it too early)? Is anyone else seeing this?

thanks!
I don't find hitting continue at 8AM works....I always get to the results screen and right at 8AM hit the refresh results link and quickly click through to the room I want. I was able to get a club level studio at AKV that way at 11 months.

I don't find hitting continue at 8AM works....I always get to the results screen and right at 8AM hit the refresh results link and quickly click through to the room I want. I was able to get a club level studio at AKV that way at 11 months.
This is what I've always had to do too.

Sorry you are having troubles. I just booked a 9-17-2022 to 9-22-2022 AKV Value 10 minutes ago with a resale only contract, and a few borrowed points and it went through no issue.

Does sitting in the results screen (where it shows a room is available, and you just need to click continue) until 8am and clicking continue still normally work? I'm just wondering if I'm in that screen too soon, and I need to refresh or something. Naturally after I refresh, all value studios are gone. :-/ But I have literally received this message every single day I have tried for a value room at 8am.
Actually, this is exactly what I do, and I’ve not had a problem receiving that specific error msg at that time- instead, I got the ol’ “you’re room is no longer available” business. About a month ago, I was able to book a value studio (using the aforementioned method), but since I really wanted a value 2-bed… and couldn’t get the stars to align, I let it go. Looking back, I wish I would’ve kept it & just paid the stupid up charge for booking the 1-bed separately. Oh well. Live & learn. 😉
Best of luck to you!!pixiedust:

Sorry you are having troubles. I just booked a 9-17-2022 to 9-22-2022 AKV Value 10 minutes ago with a resale only contract, and a few borrowed points and it went through no issue.
Wow!! Good for you!!! I’ve heard a few people say that when 8am EST doesn’t work for hard-to-get bookings, to try around 10am EST instead. It definitely worked for you! 🤩

So this is actually just happened to us when we tried to book something at Christmas that had popped open ( 5 nights at a BWV 1 Bedroom). By the time my wife tried to book she got the error but when I looked at the exact time she received the error and it was down to 3 nights.

This seems to be the new message for when somebody books something right before you. I think it used to say that availability changed or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter