“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

Fingers crossed your trip happens ! ( but honestly not going to be surprised if it changes again ; )) I currently have three trips booked but only going on one of the three. A lot of things up in the air with just life in general so waiting until some things to fall into place before making the final decision. ( mid May BWV - late Aug WL - mid Sept CR )
I know, the ever changing trips, I really want to go in April! If you go in late August and stay at WL, we may run into each other. We have that same time and resort planned! I have June, August, and late September planned. I would love to go on all of these!

Reactions: DLo
Ugh, no kidding! :sad: It feels like it's been ages, and definitely the longest I've been away in that time too. With my job and the corresponding restrictions, there's no way I can travel until this is all over OR I quit... whichever comes first :laughing: Thankfully, I can live vicariously through everyone who does go, and I hope that continues to be you with your April trip!!! I'm glad that you're planning to go even if Andi can't (but hopefully she will be able to join you!)
Ugh I know! It feels like forever. I’m sorry it will be a long time before you can travel 🧳 I love watching park videos, thank goodness for vloggers and trip reports! I think I will go for sure, I will be able to visit with some Epic ladies and that will be so nice! I really want Andi to come along, I hope she feels comfortable at that time.

Fingers crossed that this trip sticks! I am getting so antsy! To do just about anything at this point. I have an appointment for my vaccine on the last day of your trip, April 27th! It seems so far away still. But I keep telling myself it isn't that far off.
I feel antsy to and really want to travel to my happy place! I miss it so much. Yay for getting an appointment for your jab!
April will be here before we know it!

I think you are betting the right way on this one ☝
::yes::
Yes, we just seem to get fairly flush with staff and then inevitably someone leaves or has a leave of absence. Late April was a better option for work! I like that time of year as well, should be nice and warm in Florida
We are critically short staffed right now. But... with Covid, traffic numbers are down and so we're getting along just fine. If/when numbers pick back up... we're going to be in trouble.
I know! I remember how inexpensive it was for you to upgrade, plus I got the hotel cheaper with the AP rate so that will cover the expense plus more.
Yes! This is why I am sure I will be going no matter what, so good thing you bet that way, lol 😆
:laughing: Yay me!
I miss it so much, however all the changes make me a little apprehensive about it now.
:hug: You'll do just fine. :)
You will be rolling in dough. 💰💵, haha 😆
Woot!!

Hi Caroline,
I am sorry about your March trip being "rescheduled", but April is not too far away! And you will be able to see some awesome Disfriends down there in April, which is even better! I get it with work... There are 7 nurses in my department all expecting babies between April and July... it will be a rough 6 months with that many people gone! I am sneaking away for a quick 5 day trip to NYC the weekend before your trip, and then there are no days to get away until November! That weekend was originally a Caribbean cruise that got cancelled, which still bites.

Have a great time! :earsgirl::earsgirl:

Hi Caroline,
I am sorry about your March trip being "rescheduled", but April is not too far away! And you will be able to see some awesome Disfriends down there in April, which is even better! I get it with work... There are 7 nurses in my department all expecting babies between April and July... it will be a rough 6 months with that many people gone! I am sneaking away for a quick 5 day trip to NYC the weekend before your trip, and then there are no days to get away until November! That weekend was originally a Caribbean cruise that got cancelled, which still bites.

Have a great time! :earsgirl::earsgirl:
Hi! Thanks for checking in. I am so in need of a trip!
I am planning to go in April, no matter what! Several of The Epic ladies will be down there at the same time.
oh my gosh 7 pregnant staff, we know what they all were doing during pandemic, lol 😆
Enjoy NYC, does your daughter live there? I thought I remember you saying that
I‘m so sorry about the cruise, that does stink!

I just binge read your report. I loved it! I did a trip with only my daughter a few years ago and we are planning another next year. They are so fun and special. I hope we can continue the tradition like you and your daughter. I hope you guys get to make your trip in April. Fingers crossed!

I just binge read your report. I loved it! I did a trip with only my daughter a few years ago and we are planning another next year. They are so fun and special. I hope we can continue the tradition like you and your daughter. I hope you guys get to make your trip in April. Fingers crossed!
Hello 👋, thanks for reading and taking the time to comment. Mother and daughter trips are the best. It is so nice to chill with her in our Disney bubble! I’m so glad you and your daughter are doing another trip next year! I have so many precious memories of all our trips! Just priceless!
Stay tuned for an update, coming soon!

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone, who celebrates Easter 🐣 had a wonderful holiday.

We actually had beautiful weather this weekend. It was 68 and sunny ☀️ yesterday and today looks to be a carbon copy.

Guess what? We are going to Disney World!! Yippee and Yay 😁 Hopefully most of you bet on this trip happening, because it sure is!!

Andi will be fully vaccinated by 4/20/21. Did I tell you she is a clever girl 👧 well she sure is.

In early March, she decided to start working in the Deli at Target and this put her on the eligibility list for the vaccine! She is considered essential when working in the grocery area. She feels so much better about traveling now!

My husband had his first vaccine on 4/1/21. We are slowly getting vaccinated here. My son is the only one who hasn’t had any doses yet. He is now eligible and hopefully, in a matter of time he will have his!

May I brag on him just a little, okay thanks 🤩 He is a molecular biologist and works very hard for Phillips! I’m sure you have heard of this company! Phillips lighting and Sonicare toothbrushes just to name a few! Anyway, he bought his first vehicle on Friday, an Audi Quattro 4. It is beautiful and very fun to drive. He let his mom test it out! I love it. Jack has his name on a patent at Phillips and has worked really hard during the pandemic 😷 He studies light therapy and how it works to improve outcomes related to Cancer, COVID-19 and many other things. He has been driving a 17 year old Ford F-150 and he has kept that truck immaculate! Now he has his new baby! Thanks for letting me tell you a little about Jack. He is not a huge Disney fan and is not in any of my trip reports. He is my favorite son and Andi is my favorite daughter! Haha 😆

Here is a picture of Jack with his new car.
C9221C43-A8F2-44EB-ABAA-685C5FA90D04.jpeg

Alright back to Disney World and our upcoming trip!! We leave on 4/20/21. Our flight is an early one, we depart at 6:15 am and arrive in Orlando around 12:30 pm. We are flying Delta and leave right from our hometown. Delta is also keeping the middle seats open until 4/30/21. This is a huge bonus for us! We will have a row to ourselves.

We will be using the DME for this trip and will head down to this area once we pick up our luggage 🧳

We are staying at CSR in the Gran Destino tower with a lake view. I am hoping our room will be ready soon after we arrive. Our park reservation for the first day is at MK. We always start here, it will be just about 15 months since we last saw that beautiful castle.

MK is now open until 9 pm, very exciting. I’m thinking about canceling our ADR in DS for City Works, it is at 7:30. I think I would rather stay in the MK until closing. It looks like crowds dwindle in the last 1-2 hours. I’m hoping this is the case.

Here are the rest of our days at Disney, we will be park hoping each day. My plan is to utilize the later park hours to spend evenings in Epcot and HS a few days.

4/21 Epcot with Via Napoli for lunch 12:50

4/22 DHS with Wine Bar George 7:30

4/23 AK with LaHacienda at 6:15 PH to Epcot

4/24 MK no dining plans yet

4/25 DHS no dining plans yet

4/26 AK with Boathouse at 7:15

4/27 MK in the am then head to Universal.

The dining ressies are subject to change.

I’m planning to meet up with several friends from the Dis and the Epic trip. Ariana, Liesa, Karilynn and Ariane. I am looking forward to this. I hope we can have a drink together!

Here are a few of my masks 😷

75A24B80-4A89-40DF-B6AB-70769D2F3EF9.jpeg
414B2972-A157-4BF0-9796-9A8845D4AC14.jpeg

I’m getting really excited for the trip. We will spend 2 nights at Universal at the end of our stay. We will have Express Pass, Harry Potter World here we come!

I have plans to eat at Mythos and Confisco. Both have AP discounts and Confisco has a special area for AP holders. I’m excited to try these two places. Both have outside dining available.

I bought these 2 prints from an Etsy shop, I framed them and really love the addition to my Disney decorations.

76ECBA09-195E-4ECD-BD69-833378C9C09C.jpeg

B16B982E-DBE8-4E0F-9265-6D0281CDBC8B.jpeg
I will leave you with a few throwback pictures of Andi and I. These are from January and April several years ago!
B8F8B64B-27AD-404B-81B2-501FC9C9577C.jpeg

13C73C46-2462-4B9C-A569-B0ABD9BE0A59.jpeg

9971F0CF-29EE-49D5-81B6-9B354564999D.jpeg

49C732D5-A16C-4B4F-BDAB-55C38B5044EC.jpeg

C560C87F-8213-43AE-9127-73B57EA2A5A0.jpeg

I haven’t decided on my outfits for the trip yet, I have a few new shirts.
I most likely won’t pack until the weekend before we leave.
I will update one more time before the trip!

Take care and see ya real soon!

Guess what? We are going to Disney World!! Yippee and Yay 😁 Hopefully most of you bet on this trip happening, because it sure is!!
:dogdance:
Andi will be fully vaccinated by 4/20/21. Did I tell you she is a clever girl 👧 well she sure is.
Good! And I'm sure she is. :)
May I brag on him just a little, okay thanks 🤩
::yes:: It's a parent's right to brag on their kids.
He is a molecular biologist and works very hard for Phillips! I’m sure you have heard of this company!
he bought his first vehicle on Friday, an Audi Quattro 4.
Congrats! And... nice wheels!
Jack has his name on a patent at Phillips and has worked really hard during the pandemic 😷 He studies light therapy and how it works to improve outcomes related to Cancer, COVID-19 and many other things.
:worship:

Yay! So excited for you guys!

I also have a boy and a girl and I tell them the same thing...you’re my favorite son and you’re my favorite daughter.:goodvibes

Your sons car is nice! Congrats to him and all he’s accomplishing!

Picking outfits for my trips is a big part of the fun.

Last edited:

In early March, she decided to start working in the Deli at Target and this put her on the eligibility list for the vaccine! She is considered essential when working in the grocery area. She feels so much better about traveling now!
Woohoo!! I am so happy for you and super happy to hear Andi will get her vaccination! What shot will she get? They just opened eligibility for the AstraZeneca vaccine for people born in 1962-1966. Even though I won't be 55 until June I was able to register and got my first shot yesterday!
May I brag on him just a little, okay thanks 🤩 He is a molecular biologist and works very hard for Phillips! I’m sure you have heard of this company! Phillips lighting and Sonicare toothbrushes just to name a few! Anyway, he bought his first vehicle on Friday, an Audi Quattro 4. It is beautiful and very fun to drive. He let his mom test it out! I love it. Jack has his name on a patent at Phillips and has worked really hard during the pandemic 😷 He studies light therapy and how it works to improve outcomes related to Cancer, COVID-19 and many other things. He has been driving a 17 year old Ford F-150 and he has kept that truck immaculate! Now he has his new baby! Thanks for letting me tell you a little about Jack. He is not a huge Disney fan and is not in any of my trip reports. He is my favorite son and Andi is my favorite daughter! Haha 😆
Congrats to your handsome and intelligent son!
I’m planning to meet up with several friends from the Dis and the Epic trip. Ariana, Liesa, Karilynn and Ariane. I am looking forward to this. I hope we can have a drink together!
Oh, so jelly!! You lovely ladies will have fun catching up! :)
I haven’t decided on my outfits for the trip yet, I have a few new shirts.
I most likely won’t pack until the weekend before we leave.
I will update one more time before the trip!

Take care and see ya real soon!
Have you seen Ambrie? They have some very cute dresses, leggings, tunic tops etc. I figure if I can't travel to Disney, I might as well shop for Disney things!

Guess what? We are going to Disney World!! Yippee and Yay 😁
Oh, Caroline--I am SO happy to hear this!!! :cool1:

Andi will be fully vaccinated by 4/20/21.
Woohoo! This is so exciting too. :DI received my first shot two weeks ago as a public employee and will receive my second on Monday--yippee! No immediate plans for Disney yet, but it'll make going all the better!

May I brag on him just a little, okay thanks 🤩 He is a molecular biologist and works very hard for Phillips!
YES! You may brag and it's very well deserved. You must be so proud of your kids :goodvibes

Yay!!! This is so exciting!!! I hope you plan to write a TR when you return?!

have plans to eat at Mythos and Confisco. Both have AP discounts and Confisco has a special area for AP holders. I’m excited to try these two places. Both have outside dining available.
I can't wait o say hello to you guys again! And glad you're trying Mythos it's AMAZING. It's been awhile since we've eaten at Confisco's but we liked that too, but OMG Mythos is fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter