“Rise” to the Challenge, FREAK!! Done and new trip report started 5/2/21

If I was a gambler I would say she is canceling again. It is all in the wording right! I technically am rescheduling. Lol 😂
LOL! Always use the correct terminology!!! Because re-scheduling is FAR better than cancelling!
and I found out, late last week, one of my coworkers will be out for 6-8 weeks.

Ugh, I recently ran into that problem for March too. :( Poop.

New dates are 4/20-4/27 at WDW, staying at the lovely Gran Destino lake view room. We will also spend 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. This will be at the end of trip, 4/27-4/29. I will still plan to get Annual Passes at Universal by upgrading our current tickets. This will come in handy for the other trips I have planned this year and early next year.

Hmmm..... :scratchin
It is also the longest we have been away from the parks in at least 10 years!

Yeah.... I get that. I never went nearly as much as you, but once I started going regularly I sure felt the absence when I couldn't be there.
There is optimism in the air! 🎈🎆

Yes, it is starting to turn the corner here too with MUCH lower numbers. Huzzah!!

I’m not sure if anyone has been taking bets on my trips, will they go or won’t they. The odds are 6 to1 so far, lol.
Put me down for $5 that you go.
Andi is still nervous 😬 and I found out, late last week, one of my coworkers will be out for 6-8 weeks. This makes it so hard for me to be on vacation
Yeah, that'd do it alright.
We will also spend 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal.
Loved it there. :)
I will still plan to get Annual Passes at Universal by upgrading our current tickets.
I mean... why wouldn't you? The cost to upgrade to APs is practically negligible. At least compared to Disney's exorbitant AP rates.
I have decided to go on the trip even if my favorite sidekick does not.
Oh! But...
I have found out Ariana will be down there the same time and we plan to meet up and tour together.
...but with friends already there, that makes it much more likely. And fun. :)
There are some positives about changing to late April, flights were cheaper, so I got another credit,
Nice. :)
The big negative is I have to wait longer for my Disney fix!
:laughing: Oh, no!
I'm hoping to get there in 2022... maybe.
We will have Express pass for our days there, yay!
::yes:: Love that perk of the deluxe resorts.
Frozen butter beer is always a favorite!
::yes::
These are my plans and I am sticking to them, right? You all can start your betting now, 😂
See above!

Rescheduling is always better than canceling! Personally, late April/early May is my absolute favorite time to be at WDW, so I am sure you will have a wonderful time then. Just seeing your plan for Epcot and Via Napoli made me sigh...I can practically taste the pizza now. :rotfl:

Your new plans sound great and meeting up with Ariane will be the icing on the cake! Our very first visit to WDW was in May and it was pretty perfect both for weather and crowds. I’d love to go back at that time of year again but will have to wait at least 4 years for that to be possible since I’m stuck with school holidays schedule until then. I really really hope this trip sticks 😊🤞

I am checking in with trip plans! I’m not sure if anyone has been taking bets on my trips, will they go or won’t they. The odds are 6 to1 so far, lol. Six trips rescheduled. If I was a gambler I would say she is canceling again. It is all in the wording right! I technically am rescheduling. Lol 😂

I've lost track of how many I've cancelled/rescheduled. We are maybe going April 8-16 but we are waiting to see if Allie has musical rehearsal that week. She got the lead in her HS musical and can't miss a week if they decide to still hold them that week. So we are very much in a holding pattern with everything booked and planned but ready to be cancelled at a moment's notice :rolleyes1

There are some positives about changing to late April,

April is right up in my top three times to visit, along with October and December. I love the F & G festival. And most of all, I love getting off that plane in Orlando and shedding clothes and feeling warm after another yucky CT winter :flower:

Dare I say our COVID-19 numbers are so low right now, yay!

Yay! CT is at like 2.5% or something. My mom is fully vaccinated and even Mike should be vaccinated by April according to our Governor. I think things are definitely looking better :love:

Andi is still nervous 😬 and I found out, late last week, one of my coworkers will be out for 6-8 weeks. This makes it so hard for me to be on vacation. I decided to have my TA change our dates again! She must love me, haha 😆

New dates are 4/20-4/27 at WDW, staying at the lovely Gran Destino lake view room. We will also spend 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. This will be at the end of trip, 4/27-4/29. I will still plan to get Annual Passes at Universal by upgrading our current tickets. This will come in handy for the other trips I have planned this year and early next year.
Rescheduling is what we do right now! We are building the anticipation for when we finally get there. I am hoping August happens for Jack and I but we still have no idea when our border is going to open. Bill and I are booked for December for a couples trip and am booking for F&G next March
I have decided to go on the trip even if my favorite sidekick does not. I have found out Ariana will be down there the same time and we plan to meet up and tour together. This will be really nice. We met on the Epic trip. I am excited too see her again. I may cancel the Universal part if Andi doesn’t come.
Yay! A solo trip would be awesome especially when meeting up with a Disfriend. :)
I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe. Dare I when my 11 month window opens.say our COVID-19 numbers are so low right now, yay! I hope it keeps getting better and everyone that wants a vaccine will be able to get one soon! There is optimism in the air! 🎈🎆
Great news! We are slowly getting there here too.
Yay! CT is at like 2.5% or something. My mom is fully vaccinated and even Mike should be vaccinated by April according to our Governor. I think things are definitely looking better :love:
Fantastic! My Mom and Dad got their first shots yesterday which makes me very happy! I am in the second tier so am hoping I will get vaccinated by April too.

I decided to have my TA change our dates again! She must love me, haha 😆
I have a feeling that 1. right now she's used to LOTS of people rescheduling and 2. she does not mind at all!
crowds will hopefully be a little less,
I was going to say that to you the other day :) Not only lower rates but crowds should definitely be lower.
I have City Works Eatery scheduled at 7:30pm in DS. I have heard good things and you can be seated outside.
We just ate here last Thursday and yes you can sit outside! It was really good; nothing out of this world but we would definitely go back.
I may even go on the Mummy! It scares me but I also really love it! E
Ha this is my favorite ride in US!

I really hope Andi goes. I get that she's nervous and it's no fun going on a trip and being nervous about it but once there she will (I think) feel differently. And she can always spend more time in the room or at the pool! And it's actually easy to change up plans too if she feels uncomfortable somewhere. So I hope she gives it a shot!
are waiting to see if Allie has musical rehearsal that week. She got the lead in her HS musical and can't miss a week if they decide to still hold them that week
Oh yay congrats to Allie! I want you to be able to go but that's really great for her.

Fingers crossed your trip happens ! ( but honestly not going to be surprised if it changes again ; )) I currently have three trips booked but only going on one of the three. A lot of things up in the air with just life in general so waiting until some things to fall into place before making the final decision. ( mid May BWV - late Aug WL - mid Sept CR )

It is also the longest we have been away from the parks in at least 10 years!
Ugh, no kidding! :sad: It feels like it's been ages, and definitely the longest I've been away in that time too. With my job and the corresponding restrictions, there's no way I can travel until this is all over OR I quit... whichever comes first :laughing: Thankfully, I can live vicariously through everyone who does go, and I hope that continues to be you with your April trip!!! I'm glad that you're planning to go even if Andi can't (but hopefully she will be able to join you!)

LOL! Always use the correct terminology!!! Because re-scheduling is FAR better than cancelling!
I totally feel better saying reschedule then cancel. Technically we would have been 3x since January 2020 but who is counting, lol 😂 I am determined to go in April and I may have more incentive now!
Ugh, I recently ran into that problem for March too. :( Poop.
The nurse I team lead with, we each have a team looked horrified when one of our nurses has to be off for 6-8 weeks knowing I had almost 2 weeks off in March. I couldn’t do that to her, she is so awesome 🤩
Yes you keep Hmmm....
Yeah.... I get that. I never went nearly as much as you, but once I started going regularly I sure felt the absence when I couldn't be there.
It has been so weird to not have been in over a year, luckily our winter has not been too bad!
Yes, it is starting to turn the corner here too with MUCH lower numbers. Huzzah!!
Let’s hope this virus starts to be a really bad memory sooner than later!!

Put me down for $5 that you go.
I think you are betting the right way on this one ☝️
Yeah, that'd do it alright.
Yes, we just seem to get fairly flush with staff and then inevitably someone leaves or has a leave of absence. Late April was a better option for work! I like that time of year as well, should be nice and warm in Florida
Loved it there.
We have stayed once at RPR and really liked it as well. I do like Universal and the express pass is such a nice perk for staying at this hotel!
I mean... why wouldn't you? The cost to upgrade to APs is practically negligible. At least compared to Disney's exorbitant AP rates.
I know! I remember how inexpensive it was for you to upgrade, plus I got the hotel cheaper with the AP rate so that will cover the expense plus more.
but with friends already there, that makes it much more likely. And fun.
Yes! This is why I am sure I will be going no matter what, so good thing you bet that way, lol 😆
Oh, no!
I'm hoping to get there in 2022... maybe.
I miss it so much, however all the changes make me a little apprehensive about it now.
See above!
You will be rolling in dough. 💰💵, haha 😆

Rescheduling is always better than canceling! Personally, late April/early May is my absolute favorite time to be at WDW, so I am sure you will have a wonderful time then. Just seeing your plan for Epcot and Via Napoli made me sigh...I can practically taste the pizza now. :rotfl:
It sure is and I will get there one of these reschedules! :thumbsup2
We have been a few times in late April and we loved it, the weather was beautiful and the spring break crowds are much less.
Vi Napoli is such a favorite of ours, yum, I wish I was there now!

Your new plans sound great and meeting up with Ariane will be the icing on the cake! Our very first visit to WDW was in May and it was pretty perfect both for weather and crowds. I’d love to go back at that time of year again but will have to wait at least 4 years for that to be possible since I’m stuck with school holidays schedule until then. I really really hope this trip sticks 😊🤞
Ahh thank you 😊 I am looking forward to April so much! It will be fun to see some of my Epic ladies. It is always nice to have some friends to tour with and have a few drinks 🍺 with! We usually always have to go in March for Andi’s college break except with Covid-19 she has mostly everything online and this time works okay for her, hopefully 🙏
I sure Hope this trip works!!

I've lost track of how many I've cancelled/rescheduled. We are maybe going April 8-16 but we are waiting to see if Allie has musical rehearsal that week. She got the lead in her HS musical and can't miss a week if they decide to still hold them that week
ugh, I know, I long for precovid times, It was so much easier to plan a trip, even with all the planning we did for a Disney trip. I would love that!
Yay for Allison getting the lead in her HS musical, very exciting!
April is right up in my top three times to visit, along with October and December. I love the F & G festival.
We use to always go in February and April when Andi wasn‘t in college and I agree April is so nice and warm!
Yay! CT is at like 2.5% or something. My mom is fully vaccinated and even Mike should be vaccinated by April according to our Governor. I think things are definitely looking better
Yes, I hope we stay on track and get as many people vaccinated as possible and it has to get better!!

Bill and I are booked for December for a couples trip and am booking for F&G next March
Yay, to planning and having trips to look forward to. I hope you can make all your trips, we are still planning for August as well, later than you all, fingers crossed 🤞 we all go in August!
Yay! A solo trip would be awesome especially when meeting up with a Disfriend
I agree, I am 99% sure I will go with or without Andi. I need it! I am excited to meet up with some Dis friends.
Great news! We are slowly getting there here too.
We need some optimism right now!
Fantastic! My Mom and Dad got their first shots yesterday which makes me very happy! I am in the second tier so am hoping I will get vaccinated by April too.
I hope you get your jab sooner than later. My mom had both of hers now, so thankful for that, she will be 87 in a couple weeks.

Sorry you had to reschedule, but definitely sounds like some positives to switching to April! I'm jealous you'll get to hang out with our buddy, Ariana. So nice to have Dis Friends to spend time with in your favorite place!!

My husband is fully vaccinated, and I have my second dose coming up a week from today!
Ahh thanks Jackie, I am excited Ariana will be there at the same time, a few others maybe there as well so I am happy to meet up with some of our awesome Epic ladies!
Yay to you and your husband getting your jabs! Soon everyone will be able to get one, it is a wonderful thought 💭. I hope my husband and kids can get theirs in a few months time.

I have a feeling that 1. right now she's used to LOTS of people rescheduling and 2. she does not mind at all!
She is so awesome and very flexible with all my changes. 💕::yes::
I was going to say that to you the other day :) Not only lower rates but crowds should definitely be lower.
I agree, the last time we went in later April, precovid it was so nice, weather and crowds!
We just ate here last Thursday and yes you can sit outside! It was really good; nothing out of this world but we would definitely go back.
It looks like food Andi would like and thee sitting outside is a plus
Ha this is my favorite ride in US!
I have a love/hate relationship with it. :lmao:
I really hope Andi goes. I get that she's nervous and it's no fun going on a trip and being nervous about it but once there she will (I think) feel differently. And she can always spend more time in the room or at the pool! And it's actually easy to change up plans too if she feels uncomfortable somewhere. So I hope she gives it a shot!
I totally agree with you. She has always been a germ a phobe and this virus makes it 1000x worse. She said I made her that way, because of being a nurse 👩‍⚕️ Jack is the opposite so I think it is more her!
I have been selling the ability to find quiet areas if we feel like it is to crowded. I hope she goes for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter