“Please Don’t Pop My Disney Bubble!” TR 8/11-8/20 *New 12/15 Day 8, Why are we so full and tired!

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by disneyAndi14, Aug 26, 2018.

1. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!

Time to travel back to hot August for Day 8 Part 1 “Fun at Fort Wilderness”

Today had us enjoying a leisurely morning, after a late night Halloween Party.

We had an ADR at Trails End for brunch this morning. We left the room around 10am, just as our sweet Mousekeeper came to take care of the room. We had the same lady each day and once I had requested mornings she would come and do the room each morning, yay!

We took the monorail to MK and waited on a boat to FW. It wasn’t long and we were aboard the boat. I tried to take an artsy picture of Cinderella’s Castle. Guess what? It was hot out, I bet you all are surprised about that! The boats to FW take you to the area of the resort where the restaurant is, this is nice, no internal busing for us!
    IMG_Dec62018at64956AM.jpg
    We checked in for our meal and met the nicest hostess, Josephine, she was so sweet and giving out compliments! She told me I had beautiful skin, so of course I loved her! She visited with us for a little while before our buzzer went off! Nicest CM so far this trip and not because of the compliment, honestly!
    IMG_Dec62018at65019AM.jpg
    We were seated close to the buffet and our luck continued with another nice CM.
    Our server was Ken, he was really good. He had a blue legacy name tag and I can see why. He was engaging and attentive in just the right way. He wasn’t intrusive at all but made you feel quite special. A great asset and hard to do. Drinks were ordered and time to check out the buffet.
    IMG_Dec62018at65120AM.jpg
    I started with some breakfast food such as Mickey waffles, banana foster bread pudding, donut, scrambled eggs, a random piece of cheese, sausage, and fruit. Everything was very delicious.
    IMG_Dec62018at65056AM.jpg
    This buffet had so many offerings, I think you could go up and get at least 10 plates of different items.
    I took some unglamorous pictures of the buffet. It did look like the buffet could have been cleaned up a little from my pictures. Food spilled along the serving line.
    IMG_Dec62018at65416AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at65514AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at65658AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at65732AM.jpg
    I tried some savory food next, the pulled pork benedict (in buffet picture) was very good and a unique combination. My final plate after a few more sweet offerings was chicken, mashed potatoes, beef brisket and sweet potatoes (I think??), and macaroni and cheese. My fried chicken was very good, I was just getting to full for a bigger piece.
    IMG_Dec62018at65144AM.jpg
    One of Andi’s plates. We both ate a lot for us and thoroughly enjoyed this buffet. It also is still priced fairly reasonably for Disney. They also have AP discount and if you have the Disney Visa, there is a discount with that, not both one or the other. I mention the Visa because there are only a few that offer the Visa discount. I personally think there should be more!
    IMG_Dec62018at65218AM.jpg
    We finished up and gave high praise to our server Ken, along with a nice tip and headed out to explore the horse areas and the FW resort.

Join me in the next post for an unexpected barn tour!!

I forgot food totals from the day before, I’m slipping! Like @buzzrelly my Dis emoticons have mostly disappeared so I can’t add any in on here that would make sense. I am on Firefox, maybe I have to update??

Friday 8/17 Food totals
    Katsura Grill=$22.37
    Kabuki Cafe=$9.52 (Katgori)
    CHH=$14.90
    Aloha Isle=$6.00
    Total=$52.79 “cheap day”

2. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

Looks like a great brunch after such a late night! One of these days, we’ll get out there for brunch! You got there at the right time for breakfast and lunch!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Cont.......More fun at Fort Wilderness
    IMG_Dec62018at92924AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at93034AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at92949AM.jpg
    After our delicious brunch, we headed over to the horse barn. Both of us enjoy visiting this area and learning about the horses at Disney. We noticed at the barn entrance, a sign, stating Barn Tour today at 12:30. It was getting close to that time and we thought this would be fun. We spent some time looking at the beautiful big horses and reading about Walt’s love for horses. Horses have always been a very important part of Disney World and Disneyland.
    IMG_Dec62018at93147AM.jpg
    A CM came out to start the tour and it was just us and one other couple. This, at the time, was a free 30 minute tour. It was new and I think if popular it will probably end up with a cost! For now it was free. The CM has worked with the horses for several years and had extensive experience with horses.
    She gave us an overview of the barn, some Walt history, and we were able to take pictures up close with the Kaleidoscope Carriage. I think it is called that. It plays music and is normally behind a glass door. The CM opened the doors and let us have a look. It is beautiful. She said it is brought out for special events and will most likely be featured at the 50th celebration. It is a gorgeous carriage.
    IMG_Dec62018at93100AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at93217AM.jpg
    We found out this is a working ranch that houses 80-90 horses, they are all used for various events at WDW. Some are for the trail rides, carriage pulling, Trolley use, and of course parades and shows.
    Tri-circle D ranch has been in operation since 1971. The horses are all treated very well. They are groomed and given clean, cool surroundings all the time.
    IMG_Dec62018at93122AM.jpg
    The barn we were in houses the large Percheron and Draft Horses. Our CM explained how each horse is assessed and placed in different work areas, depending on their temperament and how they handle large crowds. Certainly makes sense!

We were able to head into the area that is roped off and not for guests. We met Rocky, he was the horse we saw last night, carrying the headless horseman. He is a younger horse and very curious, the CM described him as a preteen, lol! He was trying to grab something outside his stall and really wanted us to pet him. Next up, we saw the “vet” area, this is where all the horse’s medical records
    and vet supplies are kept. Per Disney standards, this area was meticulous and the records were very organized. The staff could look up health info on any of the horses very quickly. Our CM explained the health maintenance of these horses and it is impressive.

We also got to see some of the bridals used for the horses. We saw the one for Cinderella’s carriage and the trolley car. We couldn’t take pictures back here. Andi and I really enjoyed this tour. Very informative and with just 4 of us very informal. Andi asked many questions and increased her Disney knowledge even more!:dance3:

At the end of the tour, we were able to meet Lance, up and close! He is also a horse for the headless horseman! We were able to get a picture of him. Of course he had to do his business, lol! :blush:
    IMG_Dec62018at93245AM.jpg IMG_Dec62018at93311AM.jpg
    This was really fun and I recommend doing this! I wouldn’t go out of my way to just do this, since FW is a jaunt, especially using Disney transportation. If you are over there for a meal or HDDR, I would definitely check it out.

We were ready for a rest after our large meal and tour so back to GF for some chilling out.
    IMG_Dec62018at93349AM.jpg
    Stay tuned for Part 2, MK in the evening and a possible dis meet??......

5. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great morning after such a late night! The food looks really good!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  6. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

The barn tour is something I would love! We have never been to Ft. Wilderness, other than just stopping along the way on a bus or ferry boat to/from somewhere else. Maybe one day we'll take the time to check it out. Your food looked good, too!!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  7. missjackiemcg

missjackiemcg DIS Veteran

We've never eaten at Trail's End, but I'm thinking we should!! Everything sounds (and looks) delicious!!

How cool!!!

Oh, again, how cool is that?!

I have always wanted to stop over to see the horses, but have just never made it! We did attend Mickey's Backyard BBQ after our vow renewal in 2016, but were running behind and didn't have time to wander as I thought we might have. This is definitely on my list of things to get to someday!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  8. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

That tour sounds super interesting! And nice that you just happened upon it after lunch. Seems like it was meant to be!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  9. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

What a cute tour! We love Trails End, but haven't been there in a few years...

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  10. buzzrelly

buzzrelly DIS Veteran

That buffet and stable tour look really fun!

He's beautiful!

What the heck? Well, at least I'm not the only one :P Let me know if you figure this out!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  11. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity Thank you evenin' star!

As someone who grew up with horses, I would enjoy this tour. I'm sure your speculation is correct, though. Nothing stays free at Disney for long.

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  12. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Thank you, it was a nice morning, with a few firsts. The brunch was very good.

13. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I really recommend the tour and checking out the barn area at FW. TE has a very good brunch buffet

14. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I really recommend TE, the food is very good and the price is quite reasonable for a Disney restaurant

This was so fun, it was exciting to see the horses used for the headless horseman and how organized Disney is with the horses and their health

This was a nice change, glad we did it!

The horses were so awesome, groomed to perfection

I have even less this morning, not sure why!

15. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

Such a cute M&G!

Love CHH! That is a great meal to split!

I would love to see the gravediggers!

Elvis Stitch looks like fun!

The heat is so draining!

I would love to see the Cadaver Dans! You did well with all your party experiences away from the main hub!

You had a great haul. :)

Your decorations look beautiful! I collect snowmen too and always enjoy keeping them around for a while. So far, I have my lights up outside, my planter done on the porch and my snowman out. I will finish the rest after I come back from PEI next week.

So nice!!

It looks so yummy!

What a great tour!

disneyAndi14 likes this.
  16. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

This was a fun and something different from normal Disney touring and the timing was perfect

17. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

This was! We had been to TE once quite a few years ago so this was nice to try the brunch, very good!

18. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Yes, you would enjoy this very much, I hope it stays free for awhile, maybe because it is out of the way it will?? I doubt it, haha

19. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

The brunch was really good, a very nice balance of breakfast and lunch options. There also was shrimp, smoked salmon and many salads so great choices!

20. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Thanks Susan! This was a fun party despite the crowds and heat. We really did everything we wanted to.
    Snowman make me happy, lol!
    Our relaxing morning after the party was just perfect at FW
    I hope your aunt is doing okay!

suse66 likes this.
  21. unwritten01

unwritten01 Mouseketeer

Just noticed the phone case cover - my favorite ride!! A++!!

disneyAndi14 likes this.