“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay here are the things we would like to do at the 2 Halloween partes:

Things to do:
  • Trick or Treating
  • Halloween Parade
  • Fireworks
  • Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular
  • Try Halloween treats
  • Shop for party merchandise
  • Lots of Magic Shots
  • Ride some rides (also have 3-day PH so rides are not a must)
Characters to meet:
  • Jafar
  • Genie
  • Tarzan, Jane, and Terk (not a have to)
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Moana (DH wants to, but if the line is too long we can skip)
  • Jack Skellington and Sally
  • Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and Queen of Hearts (could get passing by)
  • Seven Dwarfs
  • Cruella De Vil
  • Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear
We will have lunch at Whispering Canyon before one party and brunch at 1900 PF before the other party. I'm a little stuck what to do for dinner during the party. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:

So it's closed off at both exit and entrance, is that correct? If you're inside the park how long are the lines?

Are you asking about the lines at the wristband distribution centers inside the park? If so, they can get long right at 4 when they start giving out the wristbands but they move quickly. After the initial group of people lined up makes it through, I've always found them to be quick.

• We will have lunch at Whispering Canyon before one party and brunch at 1900 PF before the other party. I'm a little stuck what to do for dinner during the party. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Get something to eat while you're waiting for something else. We like to get waffles from Sleepy Hollow while we're in line for Jack and Sally. Or quick-service from Casey's while you're holding your parade spot.

Get something to eat while you're waiting for something else. We like to get waffles from Sleepy Hollow while we're in line for Jack and Sally. Or quick-service from Casey's while you're holding your parade spot.
Thank you! Those are both good suggestions.

Are you asking about the lines at the wristband distribution centers inside the park? If so, they can get long right at 4 when they start giving out the wristbands but they move quickly. After the initial group of people lined up makes it through, I've always found them to be quick.
The original question was regarding the bypass entrance. When it opened and if you could access from the “end.”

No. I'm asking about the bypass. When guest line up at MK entrance and use the special entrance they go through the bypass.

We are planning on doing the parties on the 23 and 25 of October! Just booked our hotels tonight. I will come back later to try and get some kind of must-do's posted.

Okay here are the things we would like to do at the 2 Halloween partes:

Things to do:
  • Trick or Treating
  • Halloween Parade
  • Fireworks
  • Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular
  • Try Halloween treats
  • Shop for party merchandise
  • Lots of Magic Shots
  • Ride some rides (also have 3-day PH so rides are not a must)
Characters to meet:
  • Jafar
  • Genie
  • Tarzan, Jane, and Terk (not a have to)
  • Captain Jack Sparrow
  • Moana (DH wants to, but if the line is too long we can skip)
  • Jack Skellington and Sally
  • Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum and Queen of Hearts (could get passing by)
  • Seven Dwarfs
  • Cruella De Vil
  • Lots-o’-Huggin’ Bear
We will have lunch at Whispering Canyon before one party and brunch at 1900 PF before the other party. I'm a little stuck what to do for dinner during the party. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

There are a few ways to make your itineraries:
  • Prioritizing: I understand you're attending two parties but what if weather becomes an issue and you can only attend one party during your trip what are your top priorities? Yes, you can ask Guest Services to move you to another night but it might be sold out or weather becomes an issue again, there are too many variables here. I would make my itinerary based on my top priorities on the first and then on the second party use my time to get the rest done.
  • Separate the parks: On the first party focus on Frontierland, Adventureland & Liberty Square viewing parade, Hocus Pocus and fireworks from that half of the park as well as meeting characters in those areas. And on the second party do Fantasyland & Tomorrowland (Fantasyland is usually the busiest) same rule applies, viewing parade, Hocus Pocus and fireworks from that half of the park and meeting characters in those areas.
upload_2018-4-2_15-32-19.png

Which ever you choose please separate your post by Date of Party. I'll post both itineraries on the MAIN page.

I agree with many who have already responded, eat a well balanced meal before attending the party. Eat, get dressed and arrive at MK bing, bang, boom! While standing in line send someone to grab take-out. Menus are available online and you can plan this ahead too. Write it all down beforehand so you don't miss anything like napkins and hand it off to the designated person.

Last edited:
Ok, @FoxC63 , the itinerary you gave me makes a lot more look possible than I thought. BUT, I am considering 2 parties just to fit it all in.

When you've purchased your tickets lets review your priorities then. I'll also need to know the date of your second party. :flower3:

August 17th party Me, DD19, her boyfriend 19, cousins children :cutie: 14 and pirate: 9 parade, hocus pocus and fireworks. Rare characters, magic shots & trick or treating

Hi and :welcome: to the party! I understand you'll be attending Friday, Aug 17th and DA (you), DD19, DBF19, DC14 and DC9 will be attending, currently your plans are too vague to create an itinerary. There are several rare characters to choose from and simply not enough time to meet them especially on a Friday night.

Let's assume it's going to be a busy party because most Fridays are, which means long lines for characters, Magic Shots and Trick or Treating knowing your absolute must do is imperative. I recommend you go back to the MAIN page and carefully read through all that will be available.

Coming from the UK you'll probably be at WDW before all the official announcements come out so we'll have to base your party on 2017 information but... everything will be updated and easily found on the MAIN page via mobile.

After you're done post me a note and include:

Friday, Aug 17th and DA (you), DD19, DBF19, DC14 and DC9 along with your priorities.

:thanks:

@Haley R on the day of your parties are you planning on attending other parks? I recommend sleeping in late then go to MK, use your FP's, get some Magic Shots and other photos and :magnify: out MK. Be sure to get your package of SofMK cards too and play a few games!

Night of parties, there will be restaurants open during the party so no worries there. Main Street Bakery - Starbucks has sandwiches, salads etc. and you can use gift cards there! :flower3:

This will be my first party ever so I have a lot to learn. It will be myself and niece-in-law and nephew and we are going Sept 25th - will be getting tickets next month

Priorities: Pooh and gang, Fireworks, 2nd parade, Last hocus show, special desserts, shopping, magic shots
Secondary: 7 dwarves (will see them at Xmas), Donald, Goofy, Minnie, Mickey, Queen of hearts, a few rides maybe

I really have no clue how to schedule this. Thanks for your help!

I did a party the same time last year, it was sold out by the night of the party.

Donald and Daisy was a slow line of about an 1 hour, Minnie was next and she was nearer 30 minutes but she was going through line pretty quick (it was long but moving). Goofy was about 20 minutes but he went for a break during that time. I don't have a time for Mickey but it was a good 20-30 minutes because I know missed the fireworks whilst in that queue.

As you only plan to do one party, if you are going in the Studios during your trip you could always look to do Minnie's Seasonal Dine, (I got a Fantasmic! FP as well when I booked that). They had Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy in Halloween costumes. They are not the same ones as in the park but it would free up time to meet Queen of Hearts and look at other things you want to do in your party.

So it's closed off at both exit and entrance, is that correct? If you're inside the park how long are the lines?

I don't have anything for as it open but I took these after wristband but before Moana so in the 4-5pm hour time frame if that's helpful?

27320254198_464bc8dbe8.jpg

Everyone heading into the bypass

41194544251_17e7ccb5fa.jpg

As I went around the corner, they had some photopass photographers out, the prop picture I did had maybe 4 groups in front, the statue on the left of this picture had a few more.

40480706094_7851036c56_n.jpg

At the other end of the bypass

40480696664_0d21eb9816_n.jpg

I also found some ride times from my live report from last years thread on 24th/26th Sept last year. I think they were more 26th...

Jungle Crusie was 55 minutes at around 5:45pm
Pirates was 35-40 minute wait (@SgtTibbs that would have been after Moana, I think I would have picked up my popcorn bucket in Liberty Square and walked around to get to the Pooh meet at 6:50pm so around that sort of time, I remember not knowing about Pirates in my reply to you so I thought I'd update you). I was at the first two sold out nights last year just to put some context to those times and before the nonparty guests were all gone.

Also yay I'm a DIS Veteran :earsboy:

Also yay I'm a DIS Veteran :earsboy:

:worship::worship::worship: Oh, wise one!!! :love: all this help and photos too! Makes it more real when you can see. If you have any links to trip reports or videos please add them here!!!!

Again, :thanks:!!!! :D And Congrats on "DIS Veteran"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter