• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies if this has been answered already but I didn’t see as I was scrolling through...do you have to bring your own trick or treat bags? Or does Disney provide bags for you?

My apologies if this has been answered already but I didn’t see as I was scrolling through...do you have to bring your own trick or treat bags? Or does Disney provide bags for you?

Disney provides you will a rather small trick or treat bag.
If found that I can only go to a few stops before its hard to carry.
You can get more though.
I'm thinking about bringing a ziploc bag to put my candy in after so that its not falling out of the little trick or treat bag and then I'll put it in my park bag.

Disney gives you a small paper bag with handles on it. Probably promoting a movie on the front and back of the bag.

I might call Disney about it but would be concerned that the notes from the call be entered to Disney’s data base concerning me. If I think that either the pictures won’t show up or that I could incur Disney’s wrath, I would probably activate the AP’s on the 25th, as losing one day isn’t that big a deal.

Woof! This is a lot of info! I would not call, I mean if your trying to use someone else's MB even for photos that might not be wise. I would see no issues using it at Disney Springs at their photo location but inside of any park, Danger Will Robinson! :laughing: I'm seeing red flags every where! Nope, :sad2: don't do it buddy!

Woof! This is a lot of info! I would not call, I mean if your trying to use someone else's MB even for photos that might not be wise. I would see no issues using it at Disney Springs at their photo location but inside of any park, Danger Will Robinson! :laughing: I'm seeing red flags every where! Nope, :sad2: don't do it buddy!
@Dean1953 is your daughter linked to you as family and friends? If so, your photos will show up in her account no matter which band you scan. I’ve had linked friends vacation without me and their photos still show up in my account.

Considering that I buy all the tickets and make all the restaurant and FP selections on my MDE, yes, everything concerning Disney is done through my MDE. I’m not sure that one extra day on my AP’s is that big a difference but, all things being equal, I’d just avoid Guest Relations on October 25 and deal with them on the morning of the 26th.

I’ll take one today. I have a 4 day growth going. As an added bonus, I had a tooth knocked out by accident about 6 months ago. I’ll wait until after I get back from Disney to have it fixed.

Last edited:
I completely understand wanting a carefree party but please know certain places tend to fill up like parade locations and Hocus Pocus. There have even been reports of Magic Shot lines forming as well as lines at popcorn carts. Knowing where to be and when the best time to get there will go a long way. It's not necessary for a minute by minute plan but if your certain about attending some things it's wise to have a plan for those.

The card we're referring to is the free party exclusive Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card. More information including photos can be found here: Post #438

Okay, so I've had a look at the showtimes and I can see you've got a good point there. So I've tried to make a tentative plan.

So I'm going with DH on Sept 18, though we haven't bought our tickets yet. We're probably just going to have a lie in and pool day before the party, so we'll just arrive when we feel like it, or by 4pm the latest. We have a UK 21 day ticket, so we've got more park entries than we'll use anyway, so we're not bothered about using a park ticket for an hour or two early entry.

Looking at the Magic Shots from last year, I think I want to do them all after dark, so should I aim to do an earlier show of the Hocus Pocus? I don't mind doing the first show so I can do the rest later. Also, do you know if the actors on POTC comes out at 6pm or 7pm? If they come out at 7pm, we'll hit the queue around 7pm instead as we don't want to miss that.

4.00 - 6.00 Browse Mainstreet stores, ride HM, Eat somewhere
6.00 or 7.00 ride POTC
7.00 - 8.00 ToT
8.00 - 9.15 Magic shots + ToT
9.15 - 10.30 HalloWishes
Tag Team: One of us gets snacks while the other holds spot for fireworks
10.45 - 11.35 Parade Frontierland
11.45 - 12.20 Hocus Pocus

Does this look doable, or should I swap anything around?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we don't have to do all the magic shots during the party, as long as we get the ones that you can only get at the party that night, we can do the other ones on another day.

Not sure if I'm doing this all right but I edited my original post with an updated plan and some questions :)

I've made a change to my FPs (as a surprise to no one that know me lol). I have been trying to figure out the "dead time" between 6 and 7 where I think/assume the party stuff won't be in effect on the rides yet (ie POTC and Space) but we aren't going to stand in line to meet characters for an hour either. And we want to keep our later BTMRR FP because we like it after dark, so we'll do a bit of park criss-crossing at the beginning of the day. So then I just made a bunch of changes haha. Open to feedback!

Last edited:
Okay, so I've had a look at the showtimes and I can see you've got a good point there. So I've tried to make a tentative plan.

So I'm going with DH on Sept 18, though we haven't bought our tickets yet. We're probably just going to have a lie in and pool day before the party, so we'll just arrive when we feel like it, or by 4pm the latest. We have a UK 21 day ticket, so we've got more park entries than we'll use anyway, so we're not bothered about using a park ticket for an hour or two early entry.

Looking at the Magic Shots from last year, I think I want to do them all after dark, so should I aim to do an earlier show of the Hocus Pocus? I don't mind doing the first show so I can do the rest later. Also, do you know if the actors on POTC comes out at 6pm or 7pm? If they come out at 7pm, we'll hit the queue around 7pm instead as we don't want to miss that.

4.00 - 6.00 Browse Main Street stores, ride HM, Eat somewhere
6.00 or 7.00 ride POTC
7.00 - 8.00 ToT
8.00 - 9.15 Magic shots + ToT
9.15 - 10.30 HalloWishes
Tag Team: One of us gets snacks while the other holds spot for fireworks
10.45 - 11.35 Parade Frontierland
11.45 - 12.20 Hocus Pocus

Does this look doable, or should I swap anything around?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that we don't have to do all the magic shots during the party, as long as we get the ones that you can only get at the party that night, we can do the other ones on another day.

This is a very relaxing plan, I love it! This is what I would reconsider 7.00 - 8.00 ToT Trick or Treating this ealy may mean you'll have to get in line at 6:30/6:45 :confused3 Just keep your eye on the crowds and adjust as necessary. Over on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989841"]Post #7[/URL] I have listed Bonus Trick or Treat locations., these should not be missed! I would start getting in line for Magic Shots around 6:30/6:45 some will be available earlier and I'll post times on the Magic Shot thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/ Also note last year we had the Grave Diggers Meet & Greet, lines were very short: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989840"]Post #6[/URL]

You and yours will have an amazing time! I did NOT add you to the list of itineraries because you seem to have a clear plan but you if want me to please let me know! :flower3:

Not sure if I'm doing this all right but I edited my original post with an updated plan and some questions :)

I've made a change to my FPs (as a surprise to no one that know me lol). I have been trying to figure out the "dead time" between 6 and 7 where I think/assume the party stuff won't be in effect on the rides yet (ie POTC and Space) but we aren't going to stand in line to meet characters for an hour either. And we want to keep our later BTMRR FP because we like it after dark, so we'll do a bit of park criss-crossing at the beginning of the day. So then I just made a bunch of changes haha. Open to feedback!

Okay, so this is what you've got going on.

When: Sunday Sept 16 / Who: DH and myself
3:30-4:10 Arrive at MK, go through bypass & get wristbands.
4:15-4:35 Peter Pan (FP 3:30-4:30)
4:45-5:10 Buzz
5:10-5:30 Space Mountain (FP 4:30-5:30)
5:45-6:05 BTMRR (FP 5:30-6) **does this give us enough time to get here?
6:05-6:30 Splash
6:35-7:00 Haunted Mansion **mobile order food for pickup at Tomorrowland or Cosmic Rays before parade
7:00-7:20 Trick or Treat
7:20-7:50 POC **if wait times in the prior 1-2 hours are lower than anticipated here, might grab a Dole whip
7:50-8:05 Trick or Treat
8:05-8:30 Space Mtn
8:30-9:40 Boo To You Parade (pickup food on the way, stand and watch) I realize we won't be curbside, which we're ok with. Is this still pushing it to be able to watch from the Hub? We could also tag team picking up food while waiting for Hallowishes instead
9:40-10:30 Hallowishes on Main Street
10:40-11:20 Teacups/Pooh ride/trick or treat
11:30-11:50 SDMT
11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus **priority will be SDMT but we'll catch this if we can!
12:25-12:35 Pick up SotMK card at City Hall on Main Street

I avoid the hub at all costs so I rely heavily from those who have experience. @Cluelyss recommends "To get Front Row for the First Parade at Frontierland I’d recommend at least 45 minutes to secure spots, 1hr. if Sold Out and at least 30 minutes for the Second Parade. For Main Street 1hr 20-30 minutes if Sold Out."

Watch the crowds, you'll see when people start forming lines as well as when they start holding spots for parade and fireworks use this as a warning and prepare to change your plans.

This is a very relaxing plan, I love it! This is what I would reconsider 7.00 - 8.00 ToT Trick or Treating this ealy may mean you'll have to get in line at 6:30/6:45 :confused3 Just keep your eye on the crowds and adjust as necessary. Over on: Post #7 I have listed Bonus Trick or Treat locations., these should not be missed! I would start getting in line for Magic Shots around 6:30/6:45 some will be available earlier and I'll post times on the Magic Shot thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/ Also note last year we had the Grave Diggers Meet & Greet, lines were very short: Post #6

You and yours will have an amazing time! I did NOT add you to the list of itineraries because you seem to have a clear plan but you if want me to please let me know! :flower3:

Thanks :cutie: Sorry for the noob question, but what is the difference of being on the list of itineraries? I only put ToT so early as it doesn't seem like there's too much other stuff to do that early, and so that we won't have to rush too much later. Then again, I'm not too bothered if we miss out on some of the stations either.

I have Slinky Dog Dash FP for 2:50 - 3:50 on the party day I'm attending. What time realistically can I reach MK if I tap in SDD exactly 2:50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter