“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below is a link about BOG changing to Signature dining:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/02/21/changes-coming-to-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-disney-world/

And here's a great review with photos:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...st-restaurant-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

It really is an amazingly beautiful restaurant where you can wander through and take photos of. I would hate to feel rushed just to keep up with an itinerary instead I would secure an ADR on an evening when MNSSHP is not going on and after dinner enjoy a few rides and fireworks. If this is your first visit you'll definitely want to take your time here, you can also use the park hopper option and secure an ADR.

If you currently have an ADR and are pleased with your time than keep it, creating an itinerary around it will NOT be problematic.

We’re still over 180 days out so plenty of time to tinker with the schedule. We did lunch there a few years ago and I’m excited about the change to prixe fixe!

I’ll make some schedule changes then so we can do it on a non party night because I definitely don’t want to feel rushed. Thanks for the honest feedback!

We are going in early October for 12 days.:cool1: We'll be a group of 4, me, DH, DS 13, and DD 8. I'm looking at doing 2 parties as well as the Sleepy Hollow event. This may be our last fall trip. We took quite a few with the older boys but now are looking at different times due to schedules.:sad1: So I want to make the most of this fall trip with our DD. :wizard: We want to meet Mickey,Minnie,Donald, Daisy, and Goofy in their costumes. We also would like to meet the 100 acre gang, Moana, Jack and Sally, 7 dwarves,Capt. Jack, Ariel and Eric, Lotso, Queen of Hearts, and Jafar. I figure we could spread the characters out between 2 parties and still hopefully see the parade, fireworks and Sanderson Sisters. Then be able to Trick or treat and do some Magic shots. My question is how would you split up the characters between parties? Would you go based on locations or split the popular ones down the middle?:confused3 I know it's gotten busier since we used to go in the fall so any advice would be great, thanks.:disrocks:

We'll be a group of 4, me, DH, DS 13, and DD 8. 2 parties Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, and Goofy in their costumes. We also would like to meet the 100 acre gang, Moana, Jack and Sally, 7 dwarves, Capt. Jack, Ariel and Eric, Lotso, Queen of Hearts, and Jafar. hopefully see the parade, fireworks and Sanderson Sisters. Then be able to Trick or treat and do some Magic shots. My question is how would you split up the characters between parties? Would you go based on locations or split the popular ones down the middle?:confused3 I know it's gotten busier since we used to go in the fall so any advice would be great, thanks.:disrocks:

Yes, I recommend splitting your characters first then adding entertainment and magic shots. I also recommend trick or treating at the bonus locations and picking up your FREE Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card at each party too, you can trade those for other party cards that you don't have. When you get ready to post your itinerary be sure to include the dates of your party they are absolutely necessary in determining crowd levels. ::yes::

Thanks we are flying in on the 3rd or 4th and leaving on the 15th of October. So have to figure out which party days would be best crowd wise.
Yes, I recommend splitting your characters first then adding entertainment and magic shots. I also recommend trick or treating at the bonus locations and picking up your FREE Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom card at each party too, you can trade those for other party cards that you don't have. When you get ready to post your itinerary be sure to include the dates of your party they are absolutely necessary in determining crowd levels. ::yes::

Yay!!! Not only is this our first Halloween party but it's our first time to MK!!! We are Disneyland vets ;-) My kids will be 10 and 7 (one month from 8) and I feel like those are going to be great ages for this (plus stamina to stay up til midnight!)

It's very different at WDW and the MNSSHP is very special, you'll see. Just do yourself a favor and come in not as a Disneyland Vet but simply as a guest - that alone will blow you away. It's not about comparison it's about magic!

@trainingupmy4princes

I would do Oct 8 & 11 If bad weather hits, you could still attend the other nights though those will be busy.

October 8, 9, 11, 14: $99 Adult / $94 Child
October 5, 12: $119 Adult / $114 Child

@trainingupmy4princes

I would do Oct 8 & 11 If bad weather hits, you could still attend the other nights though those will be busy.

October 8, 9, 11, 14: $99 Adult / $94 Child
October 5, 12: $119 Adult / $114 Child

I'm using the same strategy by planning on attending a party early in my trip. That time of year you just never know!

I love this thread! Having a plan is so important for the parties cause time goes by soo fast but being flexible and not getting caught up in things not going right is important too!

Last year I had a detailed plan and ended up throwing it out the window because we walked up to the first parade with a front row spot minutes before it started so I came up with a new plan while we were sitting there lol

I'm using the same strategy by planning on attending a party early in my trip. That time of year you just never know!

This ^

Even after your transportation, resort and itinerary are set in stone the weather isn't. Always stay on top of your favorite Weather App!

I love this thread! Having a plan is so important for the parties cause time goes by soo fast but being flexible and not getting caught up in things not going right is important too!

Last year I had a detailed plan and ended up throwing it out the window because we walked up to the first parade with a front row spot minutes before it started so I came up with a new plan while we were sitting there lol

Exactly!!! Which is another example of why you should post your itinerary, being able to prioritizes your evening allows you more freedom to change at a moments notice! Last year we were going from point A to point B, I made an unscheduled stop at Memento Mori and realized there was no one in line for the Ghost Portraits so we jumped in and were done without any issues and we too got front row spots at the parade - on Halloween night!!!

Thank you so much for making this thread and offering to help us newbies! This will be our first party too! We will be going on 10/16. Its me, my DH, DD (11), and her BFF (11). So I need all the help I can get! We are SUPER EXCITED :D

I am taking my DD for a surprise 3 day trip in late August and was planning on only doing the water parks. Now that MNSSHP is offered on one of our 2 days at WDW I'm going to book that in too.

Has anyone gone and just enjoyed the rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating? My DD is kinda past the character stage so it's not a big draw for us to wait and see them in Halloween costumes. Is it reasonable to think that ride lines will be manageable during the party? We're basically using it as a cheaper way to enjoy time in the MK with trick or treating thrown in as a bonus.

I am taking my DD for a surprise 3 day trip in late August and was planning on only doing the water parks. Now that MNSSHP is offered on one of our 2 days at WDW I'm going to book that in too.

Has anyone gone and just enjoyed the rides, fireworks, parade and trick or treating? My DD is kinda past the character stage so it's not a big draw for us to wait and see them in Halloween costumes. Is it reasonable to think that ride lines will be manageable during the party? We're basically using it as a cheaper way to enjoy time in the MK with trick or treating thrown in as a bonus.

I personally haven't but many have, you might want to start at the beginning as stated above on Post #57, I recommend visiting the rides that shut down for MNSSHP first just so you don't miss them. :-)

EDIT: The popular rides will have long waits so your best bet is to secure FP's for those and while waiting for the next FP ride those that will shut down for the party. Later in the evening majority of the rides will be walk on.

Last edited:
August Party Planners

Please note Disney does not release a lot of information in a timely manner and most of you will already be at WDW when they do. You will need to use the information currently posted here when creating your itinerary. It is imperative you start making your itineraries as soon as possible. You also have priority over September and October Planners.

If Disney does post new information changing your itinerary will be easy and while you're in the parks I will add new information once its released and that information will be at your finger tips via your cell.

Love seeing all you newbies! :welcome: to the party and be sure to use the: Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines for Creating & Posting.

We all know we need to start with this:
3:30-3:45pm Arrive at MK Entrance

Just fill in Entertainment: Post #3: Guide Map, Wristband Locations & Entertainment
1st Hocus Pockus
HalloWishes
2nd Boo To You

Add Characters: Post #6: Character List - Location, Times Guide & Printable pdf

Sorry, I guess I'm just not sure how this thread works. Has anyone completed what you've requested yet? Looking for an idea of what we're supposed to do here?

Do you want us to list our party date, size, arrival and departure times plus everything we hope to accomplish and when? We visit WDW often but this being our first party I have zero idea how much time to allocate to each event/ride, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter