“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
October 8, Monday, Columbus Day
DH, DW :rolleyes1

2:05-3:00 ADRS at BOG
3:30-4:10 Pick up Wristband @ Change to Mickey's Philharmagic

5:40-6:20 Maybe try for a FP although since we're at Epcot in the a.m. i don't think we'll have any luck with FP to 7dwarfs but possibly something in Adventureland - As soon as you tap your last FP you should be able to make your next FP @Cluelyss would know more.

10:30-11:10 Hocus Pocus 10:45 @ Partners Statue
11:15-11:45 Seven Dwarfs - so right after Hocus Pocus run to their location! Will there already be people waiting in line for the dwarfs when we get there? I assume if the cm allows people in line then that means we should be able to get our m&g? - Yes, there will be people in line and you should be able to meet them. I do not recommend trying to see them at 11:50.
12pm Headless Horseman Magic Shot @ Front of Park Entrance - and you'll still have time for this Magic Shot!
exit park

Next question......is there ONE location that gives decent views of parade, Wishes, AND Hocus Pocus?
@Cluelyss , @Bex258 would be better to answere this for you.

Would we be able to meet Peter Pan before 7? Or before we got in line for Moana? Do our Fastpasses need to be near where Moana’s meet is? (In Adventureland, right?)
Main priorities are Moana, parade, fireworks, Hocus Pocus and trick or treating. I want to do some magic shots and enjoy the snacks and such. I’d like to do some rides if possible but we have 4 other MK days so that would be last priority. Thank you for responding!

I’ll look into the Pirates & Pals!! Thank you!

Last year Peter Pan was not on the MNSSHP list of Characters but he could be seen starting at park opening. If he is a MUST see character you might be able to see him between 4pm - 5:30pm. Currently WDW does not list his schedule for the date of your party but it's too soon to tell. YOU will have to keep an eye on this calendar, here's the WDW link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

upload_2018-4-9_12-51-37.png

If he is a must see character I would do the Pirate & Pals because you get to meet him and Captain Hook & Mr. Smee. Photopass photographers will be there. You should dress in costume too.

Also please include the date of your party when asking questions and posting itinerary. Timing is everything :-)

I went ahead and changed our flight to 5:30 am-9 am so it’ll be an early one, but that’s okay. Now to decide if we will go to the party that night or wait...

We just booked our flights! Ended up going with Southwest. We will have to drive a little farther to get there, but the flight times through Frontier weren't appealing. Something about getting to Orlando at 10:49 pm and leaving Orlando at 7 am just didn't sound good to me. Frontier looked cheap until we picked our seats and added bags. It ended up being about the same as Southwest.

Does anyone know if DH and I will have a hard time getting seats together with Southwest? I just read that they have open seating and you get to pick seats when you get on the plane. I've never done that before, but it would really stink if I couldn't sit by him on the plane.
Not sure if this has been answered but make sure you check in for your flight online exactly 24 hours before your flight time. This will give you the best boarding position possible and should be able to find seats together.

Hopefully you've been following along and getting a feel of how things work. I haven't seen you post anything recently and wanted to touch base.
Thanks, I'm playing catch up. I was in a tizzy trying to make ADRs for a week and our Disney account wasn't working.:badpc: We never resolved it yet but I got most everything over the phone over several days. I told DH he will have to spend time on the phone with IT before our FP booking day. :rolleyes1

On the plus side, we got Sleepy Hollow before they sold out. I also booked a dessert party for HEA as it looks like it will only be available 2 nights our week. I figured it will be packed.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been answered but make sure you check in for your flight online exactly 24 hours before your flight time. This will give you the best boarding position possible and should be able to find seats together.
Since I changed flights I guess that means I’ll be up early two days in a row lol. Our flight leaves at 5:30 am so does that mean I can check in at 5:30 am the day before?

Next question......is there ONE location that gives decent views of parade, Wishes, AND Hocus Pocus?
@Cluelyss , @Bex258 would be better to answere this for you.
So really the only spot to get a good view of all 3 without moving is in the hub. You want to be close enough to the castle for a decent view of the stage, but not so close that your view of the fireworks is comprised. Between the partners statue and Casey’s will be your best bet - and you need to also make sure you’re curbside to see the parade. These spots will be the first to go, so be prepared to spend a lot of time holding them down.

Thanks, I'm playing catch up. I was in a tizzy trying to make ADRs for a week and our Disney account wasn't working.:badpc:

I went to my Disney resort account and found it empty :confused3. Had to reset everything over the phone. Was told if it happens again I would have to call IT :sad2: Disney had problems last year too.

I went ahead and changed our flight to 5:30 am-9 am so it’ll be an early one, but that’s okay. Now to decide if we will go to the party that night or wait...

Wow that's early! So you have to arrive at the airport two hours prior for domestic flights 3:30am and will arrive at your resort around 10:30am. To be honest, I would not do MNSSHP that day! Adrenaline and a sugar high will not get you through to midnight. Just saying.

Wow that's early! So you have to arrive at the airport two hours prior for domestic flights 3:30am and will arrive at your resort around 10:30am. To be honest, I would not do MNSSHP that day! Adrenaline and a sugar high will not get you through to midnight. Just saying.
We probably won't go to the airport at 3:30 am. We usually go close to an hour and a half early. It's out of a smaller airport so I'm not too worried about crowds. I think it will all depend on if we are able to get a room before the party or not. I hope it doesn't sell out, but if it does we will have back-ups. We are definitely going to the October 25 party so it'll either be our first or our second one.

We probably won't go to the airport at 3:30 am. We usually go close to an hour and a half early. It's out of a smaller airport so I'm not too worried about crowds. I think it will all depend on if we are able to get a room before the party or not. I hope it doesn't sell out, but if it does we will have back-ups. We are definitely going to the October 25 party so it'll either be our first or our second one.

I remember last year security alerts were on high at the airports and those traveling had to be there three hours prior to their flight. This was TSA and had nothing to do with crowds. ::yes::

I remember last year security alerts were on high at the airports and those traveling had to be there three hours prior to their flight. This was TSA and had nothing to do with crowds. ::yes::
We just flew in February and got to our airport about an hour before the plane left. I've never heard of being at the airport 3 hours early except when we use the Magical Express.

We just flew in February and got to our airport about an hour before the plane left. I've never heard of being at the airport 3 hours early except when we use the Magical Express.

The joys of long haul flights, normally 3 hours and I think I've even heard 4 hours recommended on some occasions.

Hello! This thread is absolutely wonderful, thank you for making it. :) I am planning my first trip to MNSSHP in over 20 years and cannot wait to attend. We already have our outfits and treat bags planned and packed away. Any assistance that you experts can provide me with my itinerary, would be great. Thanks again!!

October 18th
DM and I

Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, and Piglet
Minnie Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Daisy with Donald
Pirate Goofy
Hallowishes
Boo to You Parade
Trick or Treating

4/13 EDIT:

October 18th
DM and I

Minnie Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Daisy with Donald
Hallowishes
Boo to You Parade
Trick or Treating

FP: 7DMT, Haunted Mansion, & Pooh

9/30 EDIT:
3:45-4:20 Enter MK & walk through Bypass (do MNSSHP pumpkin Photopass if time permits)
4:30-4:50 HM FP (4:10-5:10)
5:00-5:20 PP FP (5:10-6:00)
5:25-7:20 Wait in line/see Pooh and Friends
7:20-8:45 TOT (Fantasyland, Liberty Square, & Frontierland up to Country Bears- more stops around Frontierland if time permits)
8:45-9:40 Stake out spot by Country Bears/watch 1st Boo to You parade from Frontierland (Hoping to swap spots/send one person in to TOT at Country Bears repeatedly once we've gotten our parade spot and are waiting for the parade to start)
9:45-10:30 Head over to Main Street to get a standing spot on the street to watch Hallowishes
10:35-11:00 TOT (Tomorrowland)
11:05-11:25 Minnie
11:25 Head back to the hotel for a HS rope drop the next morning

Last edited:

It was posted in the News & Rumors thread in 2017 and I posted the information on the itinerary thread as well. Should anything impact your trip it will be posted here! :magnify:

The joys of long haul flights, normally 3 hours and I think I've even heard 4 hours recommended on some occasions.

That's correct it was last year, three hours for domestic and four hours for international.

Hello! This thread is absolutely wonderful, thank you for making it. :) October 18th / DM and I

Hi and :welcome: to the party!!! You've got some major characters to cover! No magic shots, videos or rides?

Thursday, October 18th / DM and I

Minnie Mouse
Mickey Mouse
Daisy with Donald
Pirate Goofy
Hallowishes
Boo to You Parade
Trick or Treating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter