“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE - Frontierland Costume Promenade

upload_2018-9-20_23-59-48.png

Hours:
8:50 p.m. and 10:50 p.m.
Location: Between Country Bear Jamboree and Frontier Trading Post

upload_2018-9-20_23-57-34.png

@Ellie Badge Review:

We were at the 9/14 Party, waiting for the 9:15 parade to start, I think we were standing near Frontier Trading Post I'd say around 8:55 or so? It was definitely around the time to keep people in Frontierland entertained while waiting for the parade.

A woman on a microphone in frontier gear was leading the parade and characters like Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear were pulling kids in costume from the crowd into the street. (I'm not sure but I think any kid could join the mini parade too.) Rabbit even pulled my husband and I into the promenade! We strongly protested, saying no no it's for kids, but I think because we were both in fully lit-up TRON costumes Rabbit wouldn't take no for an answer. So we marched along with the kiddos as well, shaking our Identity Disks along to the hoedown music as if they were tambourines lol!

They marched the little group up the street a small ways and then turned around and came back, it wasn't far and it wasn't long, and then afterwards all the kids in the group got a handful of candy from CMs.

So if you're interested I'd say it happens maybe 20-25 minutes or so before parade time in Frontierland, it's hard to miss, it's in the middle of the street, and my impression was any kid who wants to join the mini parade can do so! I was really looking forward to watching it --- seeing other people's incredible costumes is my favorite part of MNSSHP after Hallowishes --- I hadn't anticipated in actually being in it too! [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-458#post-59749097"]Post #9152[/URL]

@SquashBanana Tips:

I just want to add that the costume parade does not go all the way down the street in Frontierland. If you want to participate, you'll need to be somewhere between the cut-through to Adventureland and the beginning of the parade route. We were across the street from LTT and could see the Zootopia characters coming our way, but appeared to turn around at the cut-through.
[URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/page-458#post-59749178"]Post #9155[/URL]

Thank you so much for posting all this great information! :thumbsup2

This post has been added to: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3 - Party Map, Tickets & Wristband Locations, Bypass and Entertainment![/URL]

NEWS & NOTES

Highlights on the 9th party Friday, Sept. 14: Starts on Page 451 / Post #9008 / Crowd Level: Sold Out / Entrance time: 3:48pm

Party Vouchers & Tickets: CMs at the entrance with RFID cards were exchanging paper tickets for the plastic card. Post #9031

Stitch 6:15-7:15 Post #9072

Entrance Time: 3:48 also At 3:30 every event entrance was about 20-30 people deep. Post #9074

Queen of Hearts & Tweedles: 6:30-7:07 (Second in line) Post #9146

Alice & Madhatter: 7:12-7:21 Post #9146

Trazan, Jane & Terk: 8pm-8:30

There were no real highlights posted for the following parties:

Sunday, Sept. 16: Starts on Page 451 / Post #9131 / Crowd Level: Medium low / Entrance time: 3:47pm / Light rain at 10pm

Tuesday, Sept. 18: Starts on Page 462 / Post #9235

Last weekend I was finally able to sit down and work on my itinerary. My main goal is meeting Jack and Sally (I'm disneybounding as Jack), Mickey, Donald and Goofy, see Hocus Pocus for the first time and gets lots of candy!

Sunday, September 30th / Who: My best friend Will and me.

2:00 - Enter Magic Kingdom (AP)
2:00-3:30 Fastpass for 7D, BTMRR, watch Festival of Fantasy by Liberty Tree Tavern
Right after the parade I recommend you get in line to meet Jack & Sally and Will get in line for his wristband.
3:35-5:15 Meet Jack and Sally - You
Tag Team: Will - 3:30-4:00 Get wristband at Phillarmagic.
Tag Team: You - 4:05-4:10 Get wristband at Phillarmagic.
5:35-6:00 Dinner at CHH - Mobile Ordering
6:00-6:30 Shopping at Emporium, get SotMK card
6:30-6:55 Magic Shots outside MK - Headless Horseman? The only confirmed Party MS is the Cauldron, See: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/#post-57930856"]Post #10[/URL]
7:00 - be at Main street for the official party announcement
7:05-7:30 Meet Mickey in his Halloween Outfit.
7:40-8:00 Hocus Pocus - Wow! It starts at 7:40 and I expect this to be crowded by then.
8:00-8:30 Trick or Treat & magic shots on our way to Frontierland.
8:30-8:40 See Cadaver Dans
8:45-9:35 Get a spot 1st Parade near the shooting arcade.
9:40-10:35 HalloWishes (12m) - You
Tag Team: Will - Grab savory snack
10:45-11:15 Meet Donald & Daisy, Minnie, Goofy. - I'm not sure you'll have time to meet Minnie.
11:20-12:00 - Treat or Trick - Maybe use some of this time for Minnie? Make sure you hit the bonus locations
12:00 - be at Fantasyland and SLOWLY make your way towards the front of the park. Try to be the last one to leave the park. - Love this!

6:30-6:55 Magic Shots outside MK - I recommend getting in line to meet Vampire Mickey, he starts at 7pm and there will be a line starting at 6:30pm. And do Magic Shots on Main Street from Casey's all the way to the front entrance at midnight when lines are shorter.

Questions? Any and all are welcome to chime in.

UPDATE - Characters

Br'er Rabbit & Br'er Bear - Possible Rain Location

View attachment 352700

I believe these characters start roaming at 7pm. We did NOT ask for autographs so I cannot comment on that also note PhotoPass is not available.

These characters are roaming however during 9/14/2018 party, it was reported by @RJstanis whom I really trust stated:

"I was in Frontierland mainly during when it was raining. I saw both Brer Bear and Brer Rabbit at different times almost hiding under the cover around Liberty Tree Tavern and Diamond Horseshoe taking pictures and interacting with maybe one group each and nobody waiting." Post #0933

Thanks for reporting that! :thumbsup2

This has been added to: Post #6: Character List

Look for *More

Last year Brer Bear signed for me. The area is kind of dark though. He didn't really see I wanted an autograph and just hugged me. When the CM noticed I had a drawing of Brer Bear in my hand he got him to stop and sign.

Last year Brer Bear signed for me. The area is kind of dark though. He didn't really see I wanted an autograph and just hugged me. When the CM noticed I had a drawing of Brer Bear in my hand he got him to stop and sign.
WOW! That's so cool! Thanks for posting :hug:

Woof! It's 3:27am here in MI and I need to get to bed but before I do I have great news about my son, he announces the daily news at school on live TV. So stoked! :laughing: When I think of him doing this Saturday Night Live news skits come to mind! Yep, that's my boy! :lmao:

upload_2018-9-21_3-25-34.png
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

@SimplyTink are you AP or DVC? And Do you plan on using a park ticket, park hopper and party ticket?

:laughing: I see you!

View attachment 352759 AWESOME!!!
I am AP but DH isn't ... yet. We were thinking of upgrading him on this trip but all the FP are for me (he doesn't do rides but he is always there at the end to help me off the rides / he's a KEEPER!) And I think we're gonna go through the bypass and get what we can get done there. I was going to do Tommorowland Speedway but cancelled that and am just doing Buzz and 7DMT. BUT getting my face painted is top priority after the bypass and Elvis Stitch (hoping to be on his line about 5:45)
And CONGRATS on your son's achievements! We will be watching for him on SNL :yay:

I also want to say thanks to you and everybody else who contributes and takes the time to help us figure out how to best enjoy MNSSHP!! xoxo :love::love::love:

Last edited:
Woof! It's 3:27am here in MI and I need to get to bed but before I do I have great news about my son, he announces the daily news at school on live TV. So stoked! :laughing: When I think of him doing this Saturday Night Live news skits come to mind! Yep, that's my boy! :lmao:

View attachment 352760
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Congrats to your son! Awesome!

I am at DS eating at the Polite Pig! Yay!

We still have five parties in September 21, 23, 25, 28 and 30 that I'd like to see more information on before working on the October itineraries. I really hope DISer's continue to post live reports or a summary with tips and time frames on characters.

On the last party Sunday, Sept. 30 we start to see a change, Hocus Pocus increases their performance schedule from three shows to four and merchandise may become limited.

On 9/29/2017 the Oogie Boogie popcorn buckets were sold in limited quantities at each party and prior to 10/16/2017 they were sold out. Other merchandise will also be close to selling out or will have sold out.

The last thing I want to touch base on is refunds on party tickets. Over on the Main Halloween thread that topic
imploded. If you are ill, in pain or extremely upset with your party please go to Guest Services. They are there to listen and aid you to the best of their ability. It has been posted by many year after year they have received some sort of compensation. I can confirm I have received refunds two years in a row without even asking for them. It doesn't matter who on the DIS Boards opposes it, it's between you and Disney period.

I will say during a party last year it literally poured through majority of the party, everything was delayed, a lot of confusion and no direction from Disney. Many received park hoppers, were able to exchange party dates, given credit on their MDE account for a future party and some received refunds. There was an Itinerary Peep who received nothing. She left the party, drove home and called. She was denied a refund, she called the next day and was denied again. I don't know why she didn't get a refund when so many did nor do I know what time she left the party which could have been the determining factor. Leaving a party at 10pm - midnight and thinking you'll get something for your trouble doesn't sound right. That's no different than going to a restaurant eating 3/4 of your meal and expecting the waiter to take it off your bill.

Whatever you choose to do, please, please, please talk to the CM's with the respect and courtesy they deserve.

2:00 - Enter Magic Kingdom (AP)
2:00-3:30 Fastpass for 7D, BTMRR, watch Festival of Fantasy by Liberty Tree Tavern
Right after the parade I recommend you get in line to meet Jack & Sally and Will get in line for his wristband.
3:35-5:15 Meet Jack and Sally - You
Tag Team: Will - 3:30-4:00 Get wristband at Phillarmagic.
Tag Team: You - 4:05-4:10 Get wristband at Phillarmagic.
That's the idea! I'm going directly to the gazebo following the parade and he'll go to Phillarmagic and we'll trade when he comes back.

5:35-6:00 Dinner at CHH - Mobile Ordering
6:30-6:55 Magic Shots outside MK - Headless Horseman? The only confirmed Party MS is the Cauldron, See: Post #10
Since we're now going to two parties (28th and 30th) and we'll leave MK for dinner at California Grill on the 28th, this is not a priority anymore, as we will take the picture when we come back. This also solves the problem of still being too sunny during the picture, so win/win!
7:05-7:30 Meet Mickey in his Halloween Outfit.
Also moved to the 28th.
7:40-8:00 Hocus Pocus - Wow! It starts at 7:40 and I expect this to be crowded by then.
10:45-11:15 Meet Donald & Daisy, Minnie, Goofy. - I'm not sure you'll have time to meet Minnie.
Minnie has been moved to the 28th.
11:20-12:00 - Treat or Trick - Maybe use some of this time for Minnie? Make sure you hit the bonus locations
12:00 - be at Fantasyland and SLOWLY make your way towards the front of the park. Try to be the last one to leave the park. - Love this!

6:30-6:55 Magic Shots outside MK - I recommend getting in line to meet Vampire Mickey, he starts at 7pm and there will be a line starting at 6:30pm. And do Magic Shots on Main Street from Casey's all the way to the front entrance at midnight when lines are shorter.
Thanks for the suggestions!! With two parties we have much more time to enjoy and we get to do more stuff that we wouldn’t have time for otherwise.

One more week to the first one!

Last edited:
My new line up after the corrections and moving some stuff to the 28th (which don't have a set itinerary but will be manly meeting the fab five, getting magic shots in a darker environment and adding some more stuff like Madam Carlotta/Leota, the dance parties and more trick or treating) goes as follow:

1:50 - Enter Magic Kingdom (AP)
2:00-3:30 Watch Festival of Fantasy by Liberty Tree Tavern
2:20-4:20 Tag Team - Fastpass for 7D, BTMRR, get wristband at Phillarmagic (as we wait for J&S)

3:35-5:15 wait and Meet Jack and Sally
5:25-6:00 Dinner at CHH - Mobile Ordering

7:40-8:00 Hocus Pocus

10:50-12:20 Magic shots,
Treat or Trick (going from left to right, end night at Fantasyland)
12:00 be at Fantasyland and SLOWLY make your way towards the front of the park. Try to be the last one to leave the park.

I'll update the original post with this new version.

Excellent and then can you delete this one. Thanks. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the suggestions!! With two parties we have much more time to enjoy and we get to do more stuff that we wouldn’t have time for otherwise.

One more week to the first one!

Sorry, I see it now. Two parties! If you want to add another itinerary please feel free. Everyone who is on the Main Page has the floor. Just make a separate post, date etc. and I'll add it to the Main Page. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter