“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions!
We will be staying at All star movies the night of our party. Will it be easier to take the bus that night to and from MK or drive ourselves?
Do the buses go straight to MK or the TTC? Long lines for buses after the party?
Also, we have to buy our tickets there (military) so can we do that at MK or do we have to do it at TTC?

Sorry so many questions! Thank you in advance!

I've never stayed there but hopefully someone will respond but for a general question like that I would use the Main Halloween thread over: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-a-spooktacular-celebration.3665880/"]here[/URL]

NEWS

Effective immediately, due to work and family obligations I will not be able to accept new itineraries. Please post any new itinerary requests on the Main Halloween thread (where they have been posted in past years). There you should receive feedback from fellow DISer's. I will continue to work on the existing itineraries that are listed here on the Main page of this thread.

For your convenience here is the link to the Main Halloween thread: "Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Thank you for your understanding. :flower3:

Last edited:
UPDATE - Itineraries

We'll be working on the following itineraries this week:

@jcdeberry 9/7 Post #836 - You are PRIORITY Hope you're feeling better! :flower3:

@avic77 9/18 Post #2719

@bigsis1970 9/18 Post #291

@FeetOffTheTable 9/18 Post #2906

@GirlDreamer 9/18 Post #1274

@princess_jamie 9/18 Post #593

@dachsie 9/23 Post #2888

@Skyflame 9/23 Post #2933

Please be sure to follow Post #2: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989836"]Itinerary Guidelines[/URL], Thank you! :-)

Eeks! Tomorrow is our first MNSSHP! We’ve been here since Friday and today we went to AK and got soaked from the rain. Went back to the room to change only for it to happen again lol! I’m a little nervous about the weather for tomorrow night. I’m not sure if my 3 littles will be ok with the rain or if they will not enjoy it as much. I’m hoping to come back and update!

@FoxC63 Thank you SO much for all of your help! You have made this party so exciting by helping me with my itinerary!! Hugs to you!!!!!!

Eeks! Tomorrow is our first MNSSHP! We’ve been here since Friday and today we went to AK and got soaked from the rain. Went back to the room to change only for it to happen again lol! I’m a little nervous about the weather for tomorrow night. I’m not sure if my 3 littles will be ok with the rain or if they will not enjoy it as much. I’m hoping to come back and update!

@FoxC63 Thank you SO much for all of your help! You have made this party so exciting by helping me with my itinerary!! Hugs to you!!!!!!

If rain becomes an issue check out the Trick or Treat "Indoor" locations. Mickey's PhilharMagic plays cartoons though it is air conditioned. you can sit back and relax there if needed. In the past Disney has put a character in there during inclement weather. Which brings me to the Character List, several are located indoor: Mickey, Princesses, Elvis Stitch. Also check for the characters to all be huddled together under the train station in the circus land. Bring those ponchos/rain gear!

We're all hoping everyone attending tomorrow's party has great weather. We'll be here if you need us to look up anything for you as well. :grouphug:

Fair Warning - Monday, Sept. 3 Party Peeps

@amalone1013 , @Kell2005x , @Momma_Lanier and @sparkley

There is a high chance of rain earlier in the day, scattered showers and thunderstorm in the evening. Make sure you give yourself plenty of time for transportation and bring rain gear.

Anyone staying at Wilderness Lodge, the boats might not be running due to lightning and thunderstorms. You'll need to check with Front Desk for confirmation.

UPDATE: Tonight's Party Peeps

You are looking good!!! Woot!

upload_2018-9-3_12-16-41.png

Hmmm,

This just doesn't look right to me. :scratchin You can hardly see the daughter in the white dress. If this happens to you call Disney PhotoPass and they can fix this. Watch your poses!

upload_2018-9-3_20-43-0.png

UPDATE - Itineraries

We'll be working on the following itineraries this week:

@jcdeberry 9/7 Post #836 - You are PRIORITY Hope you're feeling better! :flower3:

@avic77 9/18 Post #2719

@bigsis1970 9/18 Post #291

@FeetOffTheTable 9/18 Post #2906

@GirlDreamer 9/18 Post #1274

@princess_jamie 9/18 Post #593

@dachsie 9/23 Post #2888

@Skyflame 9/23 Post #2933

Please be sure to follow Post #2: Itinerary Guidelines, Thank you! :-)

The only thing I'm not really sure about is wether to meet with Elvis Stitch during the party. It'd be cool to meet him, but I'm not interested in any queue that is more than 30 mins. I saw someone on the other thread say they waited for about 20 mins, so if there's a wait like that, I'll be happy to jump in the queue. What time do you think it's best to line up for Stitch for a shorter queue? I saw the other poster lined up about 8.15, so perhaps around that time?

The only thing I'm not really sure about is wether to meet with Elvis Stitch during the party. It'd be cool to meet him, but I'm not interested in any queue that is more than 30 mins. I saw someone on the other thread say they waited for about 20 mins, so if there's a wait like that, I'll be happy to jump in the queue. What time do you think it's best to line up for Stitch for a shorter queue? I saw the other poster lined up about 8.15, so perhaps around that time?
I'm not sure if there are enough reports about Stitch to determine what time is best yet. I want to meet him too, but right now it's kind of hard to tell when to meet him.

Anyone going to the September 30th party? So far I have see just one more guest and one more itinerary. I’m really liking my odds here!

And yes, I know the DIS is a VERY small percentage of Disney fans and most people don’t even know we exist!
?

Edited because apparently I don’t know how to quote! We were looking at the 30th or October 2. (Because I really miss the mouse so we decided last minute that we are going to drive 17 hrs. each Way to go to a Halloween party and a waterpark and then drive home since we can’t afford an actual Disney trip right now but can swing that!) I was thinking that Tuesday would maybe be less crowded for a party than on Sunday? Thoughts?

Edited because apparently I don’t know how to quote! We were looking at the 30th or October 2. (Because I really miss the mouse so we decided last minute that we are going to drive 17 hrs. each Way to go to a Halloween party and a waterpark and then drive home since we can’t afford an actual Disney trip right now but can swing that!) I was thinking that Tuesday would maybe be less crowded for a party than on Sunday? Thoughts?
In my opinion both dates parties will have low turn outs, as few locals will be able to go to a party on a school night, but Sunday might be a smidge more crowded than Tuesday.

The only reason I’m going on a Sunday is because I avoid Epcot on weekends during Food and Wine. I rather deal with a Halloween crowd than a drunk crowd!

I'm not sure if there are enough reports about Stitch to determine what time is best yet. I want to meet him too, but right now it's kind of hard to tell when to meet him.

That's what I was thinking. I might just wing it, just check what the wait is whenever I'm in the area anyway. It's not a must do, but would be cool to have a picture with him if it's not too bad.

Our first MNSSHP was a huge hit last night. Everyone loved our costumes. We were going to wait in line for Moana at 4:30 but my kids saw the Move it, Shake it party and wanted to watch. So, I changed up our plans a bit. We got to ride tons of rides, trick or treat at almost all locations (most of them several times), drink candy corn milkshakes and enjoy some specialty snacks, watched fireworks and BOTH parades, meet the gravediggers (which we all LOVED). We watched from Frontierland the first time and Main Street second time. We were the Neverland crew so Peter Pan, Wendy and all of them gave my kids extra attention during the parade which was magical. Just when I thought all hope was lost, went to the Moana line at 10:55 and they told us 30 minute wait but it was only about 20! My girls were so excited! It was the one priority they really wanted to do and we did it! Also, we left the party at midnight! Can’t believe we lasted that long. We also got the Oogie Boogie popcorn bucket and the wait was about 5 mins long.

Hi - family of 4 (with older kids 19 and 15) attending the party on Oct 14th. We haven't attending MNSSHP for ten years and this year we're attending for Halloween ambience, extra park time and rides and probably the second scheduled parade (and some trick or treating). What are your suggestions for rides? Do some rides stay very busy during the party vs others are walk on? Which rides to you hit up first during the party? Do you start walking the MK clock wise or counter clock wise? Looking for some tips on enjoying the party now that kids are older (no character meet and greet and no meals scheduled). No big push with plans - just wondering if theres a suggested approach. Thanks!

Hi - family of 4 (with older kids 19 and 15) attending the party on Oct 14th. We haven't attending MNSSHP for ten years and this year we're attending for Halloween ambience, extra park time and rides and probably the second scheduled parade (and some trick or treating). What are your suggestions for rides? Do some rides stay very busy during the party vs others are walk on? Which rides to you hit up first during the party? Do you start walking the MK clock wise or counter clock wise? Looking for some tips on enjoying the party now that kids are older (no character meet and greet and no meals scheduled). No big push with plans - just wondering if theres a suggested approach. Thanks!
On the Happy Dance forum (above), there’s a MNSSHP Itinerary thread. Will move you there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter