“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, here's mine so far!
It's just me & DH, going on September 25 (Tuesday). I have an AP & he doesn't, so we won't be doing any other parks that day.
Things I really want to do at the party: Catch the parade, show, and fireworks, ride the rides with party overlays, and get as many Magic Shots as possible. I probably won't do any character meet & greets because DH won't care to wait in line for them. No costumes yet but I have a few Disneybounds I want to try out, so we'll see!
1:55pm: ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe to have a late lunch. The plan is to hang out, have a couple drinks, and make sure we're full enough to get us through to snacking at the party later that night.
4pm: Enter MK, get our wristbands for the party (we can get them at that point right?) use our FPs for Space Mountain
4:30pm: Big Thunder Mountain FPs
5:30pm: Buzz Lightyear FPs
6pm: Party starts! This is my first year doing MNSSHP so I literally have no clue what to do first haha. I assume we can grab our trick or treat bags at this point, and we'll stash them away for later.
6pm-9:30pm: Ride all the rides we can (priority being Pirates, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates, Splash (if it's open), BTM (if open), and Jungle Cruise (if open), and get as many magic shots as possible. Also try one or two of the treats that are party exclusive. I don't really have a strategy for this because I've never been before. It looks like there are 8, 4 on main street & 4 at the haunted mansion. Is there an optimal time to try for these?
9:45pm: Grab a spot to watch Hallowishes (10:15), the stage show (10:45), and the parade (11:15). The plan would be to stay in the same general spot for all 3. Will I see the headless horseman if we do this?
11:30ish: After the parade is over, see if we can get any candy and/or do any of the rides or magic shots we missed.

Hi and :welcome: to the party! You've got a lot of fun things planned and your costume ideas sound wonderful!

Friday, Sept. 7th / DH, DD2 (who turns 6 two days before the party!) and myself. - A little confused here, your two year old daughter will turn 6 years old? When I first started on the boards, if people had more than one child of the same gender, they differentiated by putting child1, child2, etc. I think it then changed to child plus age, but I have a bit of ADHD and I can't get myself to switch without getting my own thoughts mixed up, so I stick with DD2 and age in parenthesis.

Why not eat prior to attending? Highly recommend it. Also it would be helpful if you wrote down if you plan on using Park tickets, DCV, AP or party tickets to enter because 3pm is early. We will be using park tickets to get in before 4p. The plan is to grab QS at Casey's around 3:30 and then snack the rest of the night.

It sounds like you'll be going back and forth here:
3:00-4:00 In the gates, get a bite to eat from Casey's, take a couple of pics on Main Street
4:00-4:30 Bypass (wristbands, treat bags, photos, Oogie Boogie necklace)

You need to get in line much sooner to meet Moana, I recommend:
4:30-6:10 Moana - She meets at 5:45 in the Enchanted Tiki Room. You have one hour.
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 Minutes
**Tag Team: Mom and DD2 Magic Carpets and Swiss Family Treehouse - 30 Minutes
6:15-6:35 Get Snacks or take family photos...
6:40-7:30 Get in line for Tom Sawyer Trick-or-Treat and Grave Diggers - Both start at 7pm Is there usually a big line for the Grave Diggers? Should I send DH & DD2 to ToT, then meet me for the photo (if I'm reading the map right, those two things are pretty close to one another)?
7:30-8:30 H.M. Butler Broome and Haunted Mansion and Trick-or-Treat - You can meet him AFTER his set. What set and when is it? When I checked the first page, there wasn't any information beyond his name.
8:30-9:00 Trick-or-Treat on our way to Tomorrowland and grab a snack
9:00-9:30 Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party - Tomorrowland

Below needs to be broken down and include locations. You also need to stay together when finding a spot for Hallowishes once you find a location then use Tag Team. I recommend you find a spot in this area for easier access to Tomorrowland. The area on the map that was circled, is the area we were thinking of (or a bit closer to the hub if we can get in there) for all three (fireworks, HP Show & parade) and we will just camp out there for the duration. In between each, we'll send DD2 off with one of us to get snacks, do a ride or two etc.

View attachment 346375

10:15 Hallowishes - Location?
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 AstroOrbiter and Space Ranger Spin

10:45 HP Show
11:15 Parade - Location?
11:40 - 12:00 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Will we be able to get the Headless Horseman magic shot as we exit or will they shut down the line right at midnight?

Please see: Post #3

Your itinerary has been added to the Main page.

It's just me & DH, going on September 25 (Tuesday). I have an AP & he doesn't, so we won't be doing any other parks that day.
Things I really want to do at the party: Catch the parade, show, and fireworks, ride the rides with party overlays, and get as many Magic Shots as possible. I probably won't do any character meet & greets because DH won't care to wait in line for them. No costumes yet but I have a few Disneybounds I want to try out, so we'll see!
1:55pm: ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe to have a late lunch. The plan is to hang out, have a couple drinks, and make sure we're full enough to get us through to snacking at the party later that night.
4pm: Enter MK, get our wristbands for the party (we can get them at that point right?) use our FPs for Space Mountain
6pm: Party starts! This is my first year doing MNSSHP so I literally have no clue what to do first haha. I assume we can grab our trick or treat bags at this point, and we'll stash them away for later.
6pm-9:30pm: Ride all the rides we can (priority being Pirates, Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party, Pirates, Splash (if it's open), BTM (if open), and Jungle Cruise (if open), and get as many magic shots as possible. Also try one or two of the treats that are party exclusive. I don't really have a strategy for this because I've never been before. It looks like there are 8, 4 on main street & 4 at the haunted mansion. Is there an optimal time to try for these?
9:45pm: Grab a spot to watch Hallowishes (10:15), the stage show (10:45), and the parade (11:15). The plan would be to stay in the same general spot for all 3. Will I see the headless horseman if we do this?
11:30ish: After the parade is over, see if we can get any candy and/or do any of the rides or magic shots we missed.
You’ll be able to get your treat bags when you enter at 4 (and yes, you’ll get your wristband then too). The party doesn't actually start until 7 although the park closes at 6, so between 6 and 7 you won’t be able to do any party specific activities, such as the new ride overlays, exclusive magic shots or trick or treating. I’d recommend using that time to shop for any party merchandise you may be interested in or grab a snack.

I’m not sure there’s one perfect spot to stay in for the fireworks, parade and stage show. I’d recommend the garden in front of Casey’s for Hallowishes (arrive 9:30-9:45) and then stay there for Hocus Pocus (or move a bit closer to the castle if you can). But if you want to be along Main Street for the parade, the front row seats (and likely second) will be gone by the time HP ends. Here I’d recommend cutting through the shops to get a spot in front of the train station. It’s a slow area to fill up and is at the end of the parade route which makes for a quick exit.

ETA: if you want to fit a ride, TOT, magic shot in between the parade and end of the party, after Hallowishes head toward Frontierland to watch the parade. You’ll be at the beginning of the parade route here so will have 30ish minutes left of the party after it passes. Then catch the midnight showing of HP.

Hi! We are headed to MNSSHP in October. It will be our first trip so planning the party (and the trip) is a bit overwhelming. Below is what we are thinking, but would love input. Priorities are parade, fireworks, rides, and trick or treating. We only have party tickets for that day and will be spending the earlier part of the day at our resort. Thanks so much for all the great info on this thread!

Oct 18
DH, DW, DS (6), DD (4)

3:30-4:10: Party Entrance, Wristbands
4:20-4:40: Tinkerbell M&G (FP+ 3:30-4:30)
4:45-5:15: Buzz Lightyear (FP+ 4:30-5:30)
5:20-5:45: Tomorrowland Speedway
5:50-6:30: Haunted Mansion
6:30-6:50: Quick Dinner (CHH or Sleepy Hollow or Pecos Bill)
7:00-7:30: BTMRR or Splash; ToT Splash
7:30-8:00: Pirates of the Caribbean
8:00-8:30: ToT (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Country Bear)
8:30-9:35: Frontierland for Parade
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to snacks/bathroom, 8:50 Frontierland Costume Promenade
9:35-10:30: Fireworks near Casey's
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to meet Tarzan & Jane if line isn’t too long or Magic Shot near Casey’s
10:45-11:45: Fantasyland (Teacups & ToT & Disney Jr Dance Party)
12:00-12:20: Hocus Pocus
12:20-12:30: Headless Horseman Magic Shot on way out

Hi and :welcome: to the party!!! Wow, you did your homework, good on you! Impressive! I'm just tweaking a few things.
Thursday, Oct 18 / DH, DW, DS (6), DD (4)

Eat a full meal before you go and maintain your entrance time.

3:30-4:10: Party Entrance, Wristbands
4:20-4:40: Tinkerbell M&G (FP+ 3:30-4:30)
Pick up Sorcerer of Magic Kingdom Card it's on your way - allow 10 minutes.
4:45-5:15: Buzz Lightyear (FP+ 4:30-5:30)
5:20-5:45: Tomorrowland Speedway
5:50-6:30: Haunted Mansion
6:30-6:50: Quick Dinner (CHH or Sleepy Hollow or Pecos Bill) - Use Mobile ordering see link below.
7:00-7:30: BTMRR or Splash; ToT Splash
7:30-8:00: Pirates of the Caribbean
8:00-8:30: ToT (Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Country Bear)
8:30-9:35: Frontierland for Parade
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to snacks/bathroom, 8:50 Frontierland Costume Promenade
9:35-10:30: Fireworks near Casey's
TAG TEAM: DH and kids to meet Tarzan & Jane if line isn’t too long or Magic Shot near Casey’s
10:45-11:45: Fantasyland (Teacups & ToT & Disney Jr Dance Party)
12:00-12:20: Hocus Pocus
12:20-12:30: Headless Horseman Magic Shot on way out[/QUOTE]

WDW Mobil Food & Beverage: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mobile-food-orders/

I have added your itinerary on the Main page. You are good to go! :-)

I believe Mickey and Minnie were only out on Main Street for the media event and only ‘media’ (gosh how I use that term loosely here) had access to them. All of us silly mortals who actually pay for a ticket have to go TownSquare Theather for Mickey and Casey Jr. Train water thingy for Minnie. I haven’t seen pictures of Mickey nor Minnie yet from this year so I don’t know if the outfits have changed.

Right, on the majority of sources I use, I saw pictures of Minnie at the Splash zone but thought this was a bit strange. Thanks for letting me know, I have kept my Character List on Post #6 intact.

@DisneyBabies
Hi and :welcome: to the party! You've got a lot of fun things planned and your costume ideas sound wonderful!

Friday, Sept. 7th / DH, DD2 (who turns 6 two days before the party!) and myself. - A little confused here, your two year old daughter will turn 6 years old? When I first started on the boards, if people had more than one child of the same gender, they differentiated by putting child1, child2, etc. I think it then changed to child plus age, but I have a bit of ADHD and I can't get myself to switch without getting my own thoughts mixed up, so I stick with DD2 and age in parenthesis. I completely understand but for Itinerary purposes we separate them and it helps me to plan for Rider Switch, strollers etc. it's not so much about what makes sense to you, it has to make sense to all of us who are giving you advice.

Why not eat prior to attending? Highly recommend it. Also it would be helpful if you wrote down if you plan on using Park tickets, DCV, AP or party tickets to enter because 3pm is early. We will be using park tickets to get in before 4p. The plan is to grab QS at Casey's around 3:30 and then snack the rest of the night.

It sounds like you'll be going back and forth here:
3:00-4:00 In the gates, get a bite to eat from Casey's, take a couple of pics on Main Street
4:00-4:30 Bypass (wristbands, treat bags, photos, Oogie Boogie necklace)

You need to get in line much sooner to meet Moana, I recommend:
4:30-6:10 Moana - She meets at 5:45 in the Enchanted Tiki Room. You have one hour.
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 Pirates of the Caribbean - 30 Minutes
**Tag Team: Mom and DD2 Magic Carpets and Swiss Family Treehouse - 30 Minutes
6:15-6:35 Get Snacks or take family photos...
6:40-7:30 Get in line for Tom Sawyer Trick-or-Treat and Grave Diggers - Both start at 7pm Is there usually a big line for the Grave Diggers? Should I send DH & DD2 to ToT, then meet me for the photo (if I'm reading the map right, those two things are pretty close to one another)? There is not enough information posted about lines for Grave Diggers but they come out at 7pm. If you want to start the Trick or Treat line at Tom Sawyer 6:40 might be the time because AFTER 7pm there will be one. It is the only location giving out the Go Go Squeeze Applesauce and that is a big deal.
7:30-8:30 H.M. Butler Broome and Haunted Mansion and Trick-or-Treat - You can meet him AFTER his set. What set and when is it? When I checked the first page, there wasn't any information beyond his name. Disney has not posted his times, I met him last year by chance.
8:30-9:00 Trick-or-Treat on our way to Tomorrowland and grab a snack
9:00-9:30 Monstrous Scream-o-Ween Ball Dance Party - Tomorrowland

Below needs to be broken down and include locations. You also need to stay together when finding a spot for Hallowishes once you find a location then use Tag Team. I recommend you find a spot in this area for easier access to Tomorrowland. The area on the map that was circled, is the area we were thinking of (or a bit closer to the hub if we can get in there) for all three (fireworks, HP Show & parade) and we will just camp out there for the duration. In between each, we'll send DD2 off with one of us to get snacks, do a ride or two etc. Just make sure you all together when finding this "magical location" so you are able to find each other after splitting up, there will be a sea of people, it's already been reported how these shows draws in the crowds.

View attachment 346375

10:15 Hallowishes - Location?
**Tag Team: DH and DD2 AstroOrbiter and Space Ranger Spin

10:45 HP Show
11:15 Parade - Location?
11:40 - 12:00 Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Will we be able to get the Headless Horseman magic shot as we exit or will they shut down the line right at midnight? Last year and this year it has been reported you are able to get this magic shot after midnight.

Please see: Post #3

Please update your itinerary so we can view it without the chatter. :-)

You’ll be able to get your treat bags when you enter at 4 (and yes, you’ll get your wristband then too). The party doesn't actually start until 7 although the park closes at 6, so between 6 and 7 you won’t be able to do any party specific activities, such as the new ride overlays, exclusive magic shots or trick or treating. I’d recommend using that time to shop for any party merchandise you may be interested in or grab a snack.

I’m not sure there’s one perfect spot to stay in for the fireworks, parade and stage show. I’d recommend the garden in front of Casey’s for Hallowishes (arrive 9:30-9:45) and then stay there for Hocus Pocus (or move a bit closer to the castle if you can). But if you want to be along Main Street for the parade, the front row seats (and likely second) will be gone by the time HP ends. Here I’d recommend cutting through the shops to get a spot in front of the train station. It’s a slow area to fill up and is at the end of the parade route which makes for a quick exit.

ETA: if you want to fit a ride, TOT, magic shot in between the parade and end of the party, after Hallowishes head toward Frontierland to watch the parade. You’ll be at the beginning of the parade route here so will have 30ish minutes left of the party after it passes. Then catch the midnight showing of HP.
If we did the late parade & then midnight HP, do you think we'd be able to get from frontierland to fantasy/tomorrowland after the parade? I know during the festival of fantasy parade it's basically impossible to get past the crowds in frontierland. From 6-7 are any rides open or does it all shut down except for shops & food? Thanks!!

Hi and :welcome: to the party! Your itinerary has been added to the Main page. Thanks @Cluelyss :hug:

If we did the late parade & then midnight HP, do you think we'd be able to get from frontierland to fantasy/tomorrowland after the parade? I know during the festival of fantasy parade it's basically impossible to get past the crowds in frontierland. From 6-7 are any rides open or does it all shut down except for shops & food? Thanks!!

Nothing shuts down between 6 & 7. Rides are working, you just have to have your party wristbands on to get on them.

UPDATE - Entertainment

Zootopia Party Patrol

upload_2018-8-27_14-28-30.png

*Expected Hours: 9:15 & 11:15
Duration: 5-10 minutes?

*Note: Disney did has not published hours for this event, the times posted are from 2017 and things don't change that much.

Last edited:
9/3 - Our first MNSSHP , Me-Mr. Smee, Hubs-Captain Hook, DD7-Wendy, DD4-Tinkerbell, DS2-Peter Pan

We have a Chef Mickey's brunch ADR for 2:00. We will already be in costume.

3:30-4:15 Arrive, Wristbands at Bypass
4:20-4:40 Tinker Bell FP+ Could only get this for 4:05-5:05
4:40-4:50 Pick up SotMK card at the Main Street Firehouse
4:55-5:20 New FP+ Schedule this for 4:30-5:30 Should I try to schedule new FP?
5:25-5:45 New FP+ Schedule this for 5:30-6pm You'll arrive a bit early so stay where the CM directs you. Got Jungle Cruise FP for 5:30-6:00.
6:15-6:55 Quick Serve, Sit and eat indoor. We may grab Pecos Bill before parade starts in Frontierland and eat while holding our spot?
7:00-8:25 Moana - Post #797 Would like to meet her before party officially starts.
Tag Team: You have about an hour. Mom gets 30 minutes & Dad gets 30 minutes but some one must stay to hold your spot. Trick or Treat at Tiki Room, POC...
Hocus Pocus show (maybe last show as my kids aren't into it)
When is a good time to do the Disney Junior dance party? Would also like to meet Gravediggers.

If it's going to be nasty hot and humid I think your kids would rather eat indoor, less fussy? Your call, you know your kids best, plus restroom are right there.

7:00-8:25 Moana - Post #797 Would like to meet her before party officially starts. Then we start over!

This is how you should schedule your FP's so you get three of them, with meeting Moana early on you might loose your last one? And you will have to split up if you plan on using them.

FP+ 3:20-4:20, 4:20-5:20, 5:20-6pm

FP+ 3:25-4:25, 4:25-5:25 and 5:30-6:00

FP+ 3:30-4:30; 4:30-5:30; 5:30-6:00

3:30-4:15 Arrive, Wristbands at Bypass
4:15-6:00 Moana - she meets at 5:45 You gave one hour and 15 minutes to use Tag Team
Tag Team: FP #1 Mom & Kids
Tag Team: FP #2 Dad & Kids

8:30-9:35 Boo-To-You Parade in Frontierland see: Post #1110
Tag Team: You have 30 minutes, Specialty Snack
9:40-10:30 *Hallowishes
10:35-10:55 Vampire Mickey Mouse
11:00-11:40 Trick or Treat
11:45-12am Magic Shot Headless Horseman

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter