“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct. No FP times past 6 pm on party days.
What’s the earliest time that you can start to make FP’s. As a DVC member, I’m entering at 2 and plan on getting in line for Jack and Sally no later than 3:45, so I’d like to make the FP’s for 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30. If I don’t find out by the morning of August 26 (my 60 FP on-site FP choosing date), I’ll post it here. I’ll also find out if I can make FP’s for both of my parties (October 25 and 28) or whether I’ll have to wait 3 days for the second Party FP’s.

What’s the earliest time that you can start to make FP’s. As a DVC member, I’m entering at 2 and plan on getting in line for Jack and Sally no later than 3:45, so I’d like to make the FP’s for 1:30, 2:30 and 3:30. If I don’t find out by the morning of August 26 (my 60 FP on-site FP choosing date), I’ll post it here. I’ll also find out if I can make FP’s for both of my parties (October 25 and 28) or whether I’ll have to wait 3 days for the second Party FP’s.
The system will let you make them for any time during that day, you just can’t use them until 2. So your plan above will be just fine! If you’re staying onsite, you’ll be able to book for both your party days when your FP window opens. Just make sure you do all your regular park days first, then go back and do the party days (unless you have an AP, then order doesn’t matter).

Thanks! At 60 days out, I don’t think that booking FP’s at Magic Kingdom will be very difficult, so booking the other days first, particularly slinky dog, isn’t a problem.

Our Plan for Aug 17 - Opening Night

1pm - Arrive at MK for lunch ressie at Plaza
2pm - 3:30pm - Use FP+
3:45 - Line up for Jack & Sally
4 - Get party wristbands (swap to hold place in line w/ family)
5:10/20 - Finish with M & G
5:20 - Use FP+ at Under the Sea & explore park
6:15 - Line up for Cruella DeVil (if still in Storybook)
7:10 - Finish with M & G
7:20 - Ride Haunted Mansion, get candy, and enjoy ambiance, check queue for Pirates/Space Mnt
7:40 - Line up for Tarzan, Jane, & Terk (for 2nd set)
8:30 - Finish with M & G
8:30 - Stake out spot for Boo to You
9:30 - Finished with Boo to You
9:45-10 - Haunted Mansion (if not done earlier) and stake out spot for HalloWishes
10:30 - Finished with HalloWishes
10:40-11:20 - Get candy, ride Pirates & Space Mnt (if not done earlier)
11:20 - Line up to meet Queen & Tweedles
11:45 - Finished with M & G
12 midnight - Hocus Pocus

My plans have been shot to smithereens so am considering going to the 9/23 party as well just so I can see and do everything I want. Will let you know if I do

Our Plan for Aug 17 - Opening Night

1pm - Arrive at MK for lunch ressie at Plaza
2pm - 3:30pm - Use FP+
3:45 - Line up for Jack & Sally
4 - Get party wristbands (swap to hold place in line w/ family)
5:10/20 - Finish with M & G
5:20 - Use FP+ at Under the Sea & explore park
6:15 - Line up for Cruella DeVil (if still in Storybook)
7:10 - Finish with M & G
7:20 - Ride Haunted Mansion, get candy, and enjoy ambiance, check queue for Pirates/Space Mnt
7:40 - Line up for Tarzan, Jane, & Terk (for 2nd set)
8:30 - Finish with M & G
8:30 - Stake out spot for Boo to You
9:30 - Finished with Boo to You
9:45-10 - Haunted Mansion (if not done earlier) and stake out spot for HalloWishes
10:30 - Finished with HalloWishes
10:40-11:20 - Get candy, ride Pirates & Space Mnt (if not done earlier)
11:20 - Line up to meet Queen & Tweedles
11:45 - Finished with M & G
12 midnight - Hocus Pocus
Everting looks doable except that you are not allotting enough time for Haunted Mansion. The ride itself is nearly 15 minutes long and you’ll encounter a wait during the party for sure. Your best bet for the shortest wait is to go right after Cruella, before the ghosts appear on the lawn, as that will draw people as well (in the past they’ve started at 7:15). Also, depending on where you want to watch the fireworks, 15 minutes may not be enough time prior to grab a spot. We aim to be in the Casey’s garden at least 30 minutes prior, 45 on a sold out night. Have a great time and be sure to report back on how much of this plan you were able to accomplish!

Our plan for September 7 - cast member discount night & part of fall promotion package (fingers crossed it won't be sold out)

330 - Arrive at park gates
4 - Enter and go down back entry area, get treat bag
415 - Ride Jungle Cruise with FP+
440 - Grab food at Casey's Corner
520 - Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP+
545 - Ride Dumbo
6 - Shop Big Top Souvenirs, get party merch
630 - Ride Under the Sea
7-945 - Do treat trails and ride Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion (unsure what order and if its doable)
945 - Find spot on the side of hub for Hallowishes (not on Main Street)
1045 - Find spot in Frontierland for parade
1140 - Ride Big Thunder Mountain
1155 - Ride Splash Mountain

Let me know if this is reasonable! Also we don't plan on character meets, this is our only MK day and we prefer rides!

Our plan for September 7 - cast member discount night & part of fall promotion package (fingers crossed it won't be sold out)

330 - Arrive at park gates
4 - Enter and go down back entry area, get treat bag
415 - Ride Jungle Cruise with FP+
440 - Grab food at Casey's Corner
520 - Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with FP+
545 - Ride Dumbo
6 - Shop Big Top Souvenirs, get party merch
630 - Ride Under the Sea
7-945 - Do treat trails and ride Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion (unsure what order and if its doable)
945 - Find spot on the side of hub for Hallowishes (not on Main Street)
1045 - Find spot in Frontierland for parade
1140 - Ride Big Thunder Mountain
1155 - Ride Splash Mountain

Let me know if this is reasonable! Also we don't plan on character meets, this is our only MK day and we prefer rides!
Completely reasonable!! Though if the party sells out, you may want to allot a little more time to finding your fireworks and parade spots. Have fun!!!

Completely reasonable!! Though if the party sells out, you may want to allot a little more time to finding your fireworks and parade spots. Have fun!!!

Good point! Someone told us halfway through the MVMCP last year that it was sold out, we had no idea...this year we'll check the boards and other sites to make sure!

deleted

We would like to tag team some rides and trick or treating while holding spots for parade and fireworks. Is that do-able? My five year old usually doesn't ride in a stroller but I thought it might be useful this night since it will be such a long day for her. Not sure how that will affect our ability to get decent viewing spots though? Maybe a parent can sit with the stroller in our viewing spot with one big kid while the rest walk to Trick or Treat? There is no way my 5 year old will sit in one spot for 30 minutes to hold a fireworks viewing space. Also wondering ballpark what to expect for waits for rides in that 7pm to 830 slot. The only one we really want to make sure we all get on together is Pirates.

Thanks for all of your help and advice!

Last edited:
I pretty much started over with my itinerary based on what I have learned over the last week on this forum:

10/11
DH, DW, DD 17, DD 15, DD 12, DD 5

9:30-2:20 at HS
minnie van to BWI
2:45-3:45 change into costumes, grab small snack
3:45-4:15 minnie van to MK
4:15-5:15 enter MK, stroller pick up, sotMK, trick or treat bags (tag team?)
5:20-5:45 7DMN FP
5:45-6pm pick up mobile order before 6 (CHH or Pecos)
6:30-8:45 rides and trick or treat, primarily in Frontierland
8:45-9:30 headless horseman, parade (Frontierland)
9:35-10:30 Hallowishes in front of Casey's
10:30 Little one back to hotel - tag team so a parent stays with the biggies if they want?

We would like to tag team some rides and trick or treating while holding spots for parade and fireworks. Is that do-able? My five year old usually doesn't ride in a stroller but I thought it might be useful this night since it will be such a long day for her. Not sure how that will affect our ability to get decent viewing spots though? Maybe a parent can sit with the stroller in our viewing spot with one big kid while the rest walk to Trick or Treat? There is no way my 5 year old will sit in one spot for 30 minutes to hold a fireworks viewing space. Also wondering ballpark what to expect for waits for rides in that 7pm to 830 slot. The only one we really want to make sure we all get on together is Pirates.

Thanks for all of your help and advice!
You can absolutely tag team rides and ToT while holding spots. Splash and BTMRR (if open) would be options while waiting for the parade, though not much close while waiting for Hallowishes. Maybe use that time to tag team magic shots on Main Street, restroom breaks, or picking up snacks. I’ve never waited long for Pirates on party nights, but with the new overlay this year, this is a huge question mark. Hopefully people will report back after the first few parties so we can better plan for this one. As for the stroller, I’ve found it actually helps with securing spots, especially for the parade, as no one tries to crowd in front of you (usually). Plus it’s nice for the kiddos to have an “elevated” seat.

Does anyone know how long the wait to meet Stitch normally is? And what time is it best to plan to line up? If the rumour that Elvis Stitch is going to have M&G is true, then I might have to have a photo taken with him.

UPDATE

2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party MagicBand revealed...
upload_2018-8-15_23-46-27.png

upload_2018-8-15_23-46-48.png

New this year is the multi-color gray band and center icon of orange. Limited Edition of 4000, SKU #400020969361 and is only available during party hours starting on Aug. 17, 2017.

Sorcerer of The Magic Kingdom Card & Merchandise on: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989838"]Post #4[/URL] has been updated!

Special thanks to @rteetz for posting and Ethan at Magicband Collectors.com for the information and photos! :thumbsup2
http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/2018-mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-magicband-revealed/

UPDATE
2018 Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party MagicBand revealed...

New this year is the multi-color gray band and center icon of orange. Limited Edition of 4000, SKU #400020969361 and is only available during party hours starting on Aug. 17, 2017.

I like these - and it actually matches my costume.........unsure if I'll try to get one still.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter