“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made an edit to include the Frontierland Costume Promenade, but it is scheduled to start right as the first Hocus Pocus Show ends, so we may catch the tail end of it. This move would also offer us the opportunity to shop a bit, and maybe hustle DD for a ride on HM, but probably not. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

MNSSHP Touring Plan

I'm thinking the Frontierland Costume Promenade is where kids will be picked to show off their costumes. The only reason I'd go is with hope my child was chosen otherwise I wouldn't bother. Just saying!

I want them ALL!!

Do you remember how quickly they sold out last year? Disney Parks Blog had to update their original 2017 post:

UPDATE 10/16/17: The Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket is now sold out at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

UPDATE 9/29/17: Due to the overwhelming popularity of these creepy culinary collectibles, there will be limited quantities available throughout the month of October. They were referring to the Pumpkin Mickey Popcorn Bucket and when I was there on Oct 30th you could only buy them starting at 7pm!

2017 Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lt-disney-world-resort-and-disneyland-resort/

Remember you guys, there is a limit of 10 per person! Third party sellers snatched these up quickly! :sad2:

Do you remember how quickly they sold out last year? Disney Parks Blog had to update their original 2017 post:

UPDATE 10/16/17: The Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket is now sold out at both Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

UPDATE 9/29/17: Due to the overwhelming popularity of these creepy culinary collectibles, there will be limited quantities available throughout the month of October. They were referring to the Pumpkin Mickey Popcorn Bucket and when I was there on Oct 30th you could only buy them starting at 7pm!

2017 Link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...lt-disney-world-resort-and-disneyland-resort/

Remember you guys, there is a limit of 10 per person! Third party sellers snatched these up quickly! :sad2:
I’m very upset about this because part of the fun of us going for the first time is to buy merch. I’m not holding out hope for late October though...

I have been avoiding posting until I bought my tickets for MNSSHP but today was the day ! @Crusader10hky and I will be attending on 9/9 both dressed as Jungle Cruise Skippers. Thanks to staying at SOG we snagged military pricing. (as a veteran, I couldn't get those tickets unless staying at SOG, and even then not until 30 days out--in case I was "staying there for the tickets" but cancelled, I guess.) This is me in my costume last year. 100% using the same this year, and adding my brother. (read: Forcing him, with the bribe of candy.)

Attachments

• skip with bote.jpg
    skip with bote.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 30

Do you remember how quickly they sold out last year? Disney Parks Blog had to update their original 2017 post

I would prefer it be 5 per person. I work with someone who is a reseller, and I really dislike this practice.

I have been avoiding posting until I bought my tickets for MNSSHP but today was the day ! @Crusader10hky and I will be attending on 9/9 both dressed as Jungle Cruise Skippers. Thanks to staying at SOG we snagged military pricing. (as a veteran, I couldn't get those tickets unless staying at SOG, and even then not until 30 days out--in case I was "staying there for the tickets" but cancelled, I guess.) This is me in my costume last year. 100% using the same this year, and adding my brother. (read: Forcing him, with the bribe of candy.)

Glad you got the tickets! We’ll be there 9/9 as well, dressed like Little Mermaid characters, more or less. If you see us (group of 5 including my DD) say hi! We’ll look out for you Skipper!

I want them ALL!!
I want them all, too!!!

You look fantastic!

I would prefer it be 5 per person. I work with someone who is a reseller, and I really dislike this practice.

Glad you got the tickets! We’ll be there 9/9 as well, dressed like Little Mermaid characters, more or less. If you see us (group of 5 including my DD) say hi! We’ll look out for you Skipper!
I agree with your 5 per person. Why would Disney think anyone needs 10 of the same thing besides wanting to resell them?

OK so where are the popcorn locations that these can be bought? I'm trying to figure out how I can do that and be in the line for Pooh and gang

So I get to make my FPs in 15 days! We will be attending the 10/25 party and are eating at 1900 PF at 11:45 am. We will head over to MK after we eat because we have a park ticket for that day. The 3 FPs DH and I agreed on are Space, PP, and 7DMT. What does everyone think about times/the order we should get these in? Thanks!

We attended the 10/13 party (WDW) and Oogie Boogie was already sold out.

The Mickey spirit jersey was sold out.

I'm waiting on the tightrope girl ears (unless I've missed those too lol!) to wear for the party. I'm thinking about a disney bounding sort of thing with the tightrope girl ears plus a green skirt and maroon shirt.

The Mickey Spirit Jersey are back in stock - ALL sizes too. Unfortunately the sale is over and they are full price. o_O

Yes! sounds great! :)

You look fantastic!
Thank you!! And hey, I'm a native St. Louisan (live in ND now), so I like your profile picture ;)

It's OFFICIAL! I bought tickets yesterday and booked FPs this morning! Have a beach vacay planned for the week but squeezing in a one night trip to do the party. I have been dreaming of going to the Halloween party for years! I can't wait! Not doing costumes but ordering custom shirts and ears. And did I mention it will be a surprise for the kiddos?!?! Just hoping the littlest won't be disappointed that we aren't doing costumes.

Oct. 9
Me, husband, son (16), daughter (14) and son (8)
3:15-3:30 - arrive at the MK gate
4:00 - enter and walk thru bypass, get candy & photos
3:40 - 4:40 - Space Mtn FP
5:00 - Tiki Room before it closes for the party
4:55-5:55 - Jungle Cruise FP
POC, BTMR, HM
7:00 - Cadaver Dans
Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, Pooh, SDMT, tea cups
9:15 - Parade (Snacks while waiting)
10:15 - Fireworks
10:45 - Hocus Pocus
11:00 - Elvis Stitch
*finish the night with rides or trick or treating

Last edited:
So I get to make my FPs in 15 days! We will be attending the 10/25 party and are eating at 1900 PF at 11:45 am. We will head over to MK after we eat because we have a park ticket for that day. The 3 FPs DH and I agreed on are Space, PP, and 7DMT. What does everyone think about times/the order we should get these in? Thanks!
I’d do space first as it’s at the front of the park and you’ll be able DH get to it quickly. Next two the order doesn’t matter much as they’re closeish, unless there’s a character you want to be closer to at the start of the party. But BOOK the mine train first!

EDITED SEPTEMBER 18th

Hi all! Been following along since ... well since last year and since I didn't do a great job planning last year's party I'm hoping to get some advice for this year's!

First it will be myself and DH attending the October 4th party (my birthday and our 10th wedding anniversary)!!

We are dressing as DH - Mike W and me - Sulley (we bring along our friend Stitch and he will be dressed as Boo)

Plans for the day:
11:55 am - ADR Bon Voyage
3:15-3:30 pm Park Arrival
4:25-5:25 pm Buzz Lightyear FP
5:00-5:30 pm Facepainting in Tomorrowland
5:30-6:00 pm 7DMT FP
MNSSHP Plan
  1. Elvis Stitch #1 Priority
  2. Belle & Gaston #2 Priority
  3. Haunted Mansion Magic Shots
  4. Trick or Treat Frontierland
  5. Aladdin/Abu/Genie/Jasmine
  6. Jafar
  7. ToT Adventureland
  8. Cauldron Magic Shot by Tea Party
  9. Watch HalloWishes from Fantasyland
  10. Monsters Dance Party
  11. ToT Tomorrowland
  12. Boo to You
  13. Midnight - Hocus Pocus
  14. Sorcerers of MK card
  15. Magic Shots at front of park
Must do are Elvis Stitch, Belle and Gaston, Magic Shots (as many as I can get to) and Tomorrowland festivities. I don't know how much time to allot for any of the character meets - was hoping for some feedback after the first couple of parties. The Aladdin characters are "want to do" not "need to do"

Last edited:
The only other thing I’d comment in this itinerary is here:
10:45-11:30 Boo-To-You Parade (Main Street)
11:30-12:00 Meet Other Character (Queen Of Hearts or Cruella DeVil)

Where on Main Street are you planning to watch? If at the end, the parade will not be over by 11:30 (it will barely have started to pass you) and the only M&G you’ll have a chance at getting to at that time is Mickey.

If squeezing in one more M&G is important, watch the parade from Frontierland then hurry to your character of choice.
i figured since we were there already by the stage to just hang out around there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter