“Mom, you just beat cancer, what are you going to do next?!” I'M GOING TO WDW! Sept 18 *NEW 8/22

Yay for APs!

I love Daisy's F&W outfit!! Sounds like a nice stop in Epcot/Mexico Pavillion.

Your Halloween costumes are too cute! Can't wait to read about the party :)

Mega Yay for APs! I know her outfit is to die for! And thank you! I made our costumes the night before our trip :rotfl:

Following along! Sounds like a fun trip and I can't wait to read all about it. We stayed at the BWV in 2016 and I just loved the location!

Thanks for joining! I totally agree, the BWV is definitely one of the best hotel locations!

Congrats on remission!! Fellow survivor here (stage IV colon cancer), I celebrated my first NED scan with a honeymoon at WDW, and currently planning a trip which (aside from being my DD's b-day surprise) will celebrate the passing of my original expected survival estimate.

I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather celebrate, and I still can't! I hope my DD will be writing trip reports about our mother/daughter adventures some day...

Following along...can't wait to hear more :flower1:

Congrats to you as well! That is seriously so amazing and an extremely great reason to celebrate! I hope your family has an amazing time celebrating! Your daughter will love the surprise too! My parents surprised me when I was 13 and it was amazing. The told me a few days before we left and I couldn't even believe it!

I love this simple cobwebs and makeup the CM has. Perfect touch!

Cute costumes and yay for free churros!

Yes the CMs were all decked out for Halloween! It's so great that they get to put on spooky makeup and be part of the fun, too!

What a fun trip to celebrate your Mom being cancer-free! I feel like the Halloween party was the perfect way to start your trip!

I completely agree! :goodvibes

So cool that you got to do this!
I was diagnosed with Leukemia Oct 31, 2016. You can pretty much say that Disney World saved my life. lol (I got blood clots in my leg from the plane trip and it cause me to investigate, which led to the Leukemia diagnosis). As soon as my oncologist said I could travel again I was making reservations!
I know your mom is excited to go back and also to spend some time with you. I can't wait to read more!

Wow that is seriously crazy, who knows how long that could have gone unfound if it hadn't been for those blood clots! Happy to hear that you're able to travel and doing better, as well!

Congrats on beating cancer! Great way to celebrate. :flower1:

Thank you so much!

Congrats, Mom on beating cancer!! What a great way to celebrate for both of you :) Love Halloween time at the parks - your Halloween costumes are too cute!

Day 1, Part 3: Ain't No Party Like A Disney Party

We popped in the Emporium to look at the party merchandise. I got a few pins. I got the MNSSHP party pin, the Minnie pin, the Chip and Dale pin, and the Goofy pin, and I got two MNSSHP mystery boxes. I’m a littleee pin obsessed.

I ended up trading for a few of the ones I really wanted (i.e. Hades) in a Facebook group

It was about 6:00 pm at this time and I headed over to Main Street Bakery because I wanted to get the pumpkin cheesecake. I asked the cast member at the door if they had them and she told me that they would serve them once the party officially started at 7:00pm. So we headed towards the castle to take some pictures of our own and I took a few pictures for another family that was also dressed up as pumpkins.

We walked over to Tomorrowland, took a few cute pictures at the purple wall and then tried to make a game plan. Do anyone else love a purple wall pic as much as I do?

We got in line for Stitch because we saw on Instagram that he was dressed up as Elvis for the party and we thought that would be a fun meet and greet! We got in line at about 6:30 and stitch came out at 7:00pm and we met him right at 7:30 before he took a quick break.

He was super cute in his costume, but it was kind of an awkward set up in the old queue for Stitch’s Great Escape. There wasn’t much in there and the photographers were kind of awkwardly close to you but that’s okay! It was a fun meet and we were glad we got in line early.

Our next mission was getting the Candy Corn Soft Serve ice cream! I’d heard about this last year at Halloween time and I’d been dying to try it! I really really really enjoyed it! It came flying out of the machine so my cone was really big and kind of droopy. I didn’t mind at all though because it just meant I got more ice cream!

I am seriously obsessed with this ice cream! I loved the flavor of it and I'm still dreaming about it now!

We ate the ice cream while walking over to Space Mountain. We popped in the gift shop and bought a FuelRod. If you’re not familiar with FuelRod it’s a portable charger that you pay $30 for and then when it dies you can swap it out for a fully charged one in a ton of locations around the WDW parks and hotels, as well as some airports too! I think they’re so cool and ingenious! And you can charge them at home too so it’s not useless outside of WDW.

We grabbed our new FuelRod, had our last few bites of our ice cream, and then hopped in line for Space Mountain. The posted wait time was 30 minutes, but it was only a 15 minute wait. I love that during the party Space Mountain is totally blacked out! It was a ton of fun and mom and I both said we felt like it made the ride seem longer! I think it’s because you can’t anticipate when things are going to happen. There was a treat spot on the way out of Space Mountain, too.

When we got off Space Mountain, we weren’t sure what to do. I knew I wanted to prioritize meeting characters over going on rides. We both had no interest in going on the teacups, the lights were really cool, but we didn’t feel the need to ride it. We stopped in Cosmic Rays for a trick or treat spot.

We were torn on which parade we should watch. My friends who had done the DCP in the fall a few years ago had recommended we do the earlier parade at 9:15 then watch the 10:15 fireworks then watch the 10:45 stage show, because with a chance of rain they could cancel the later parade. And there had been a chance of rain on the forecast for 10pm-1am. I was feeling really torn because I felt like we’d miss out on meeting characters if we went and did the parade first.

We walked by Alice and the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, and the Queen of Hearts, and we hopped in line for Winnie the Pooh and friends. Their costumes were so stinking cute and I just had to meet them! We got in line right around 8pm and we waited about 1 hour to meet them. It was a fun meet, we got to give them all hugs and love and take some pictures with them. They were great to watch meeting other people while we were in line, too, they’re a hilarious bunch!

The character attendant took a ton of pictures on my phone and forgot to include Eeyore and we were all dying about it, when she finally noticed she was cutting him out she took more with him included.

After we met them it was a few minutes after 9:00pm. While we were in line the chance of rain had gone away and we officially decided we were going to watch the fireworks at 10:15, the stage show at 10:45, and the parade at 11:15, and then head out, and that we’d go do one more meet and greet before heading over for the fireworks.

We headed into Storybook Circus and got in line to meet Donald and Daisy. Donald was dressed up as a pumpkin and so we were so of course we had to meet him! We waited for about 25 minutes to meet them and we really had an amazing meet. The character attendant told Donald and Daisy that mom was celebrating something big and Daisy was giving mom all the love and hand hearts and mom said she was starting to get really emotional because Daisy was giving her so much love!

We said our goodbye to our favorite ducks and stopped in Big Top Souvenirs quick to see if any other party merch spoke to us. Nothing did. We headed over to Main Street to find a spot for the fireworks. It was just about 10:00pm but we were feeling hungry so we divided and conquered! Mom headed into Casey’s corner and got two hot dog meals with 2 of our quick service credits. I headed over to Main Street Bakery and got a pumpkin cheesecake and we met back out on Main Street. We both had to wait in lines, but we made it back outside right on time.

The hot dogs and fries were good and the pumpkin cheesecake was great! The mickey head was white chocolate but the black details were a little melty and turned our mouths black too.

It was so nice to have room around you during the fireworks as opposed to the regular nightly fireworks where you’re packed in like sardines. We took turns holding the tray so that we could eat and watch the fireworks at the same time. I really enjoyed HalloWishes! I know a lot of people who say it’s their favorite fireworks show and I’d definitely say it’s up there for me too!

I'm notorious for taking hundreds of pictures during the fireworks but I just sat back and enjoyed this time around.

After the fireworks, we scooted up close to the stage for the 10:45 pm Hocus Pocus show which was amazing! I didn’t have an expectations for this show and we really weren’t even planning on watching it, but man were we blown away! It wa so incredible. I loved all of the villains in it and the Sanderson Sisters killed it! And I’m not even a big Hocus Pocus or villain’s fan.

After the stage show, we scooted over to Frontierland to catch the 11:15pm Boo to You Parade to catch it a little earlier. We found a good spot and I sat right up by the rope while mom sat back on a small ledge. The parade was really great too! I’ve only started appreciating and liking Halloween in the last few years (I never liked it as a kid) and I did really enjoy it! It was hard to take pictures because of the lighting.

I loved the gravediggers, the ghost ballroom dancers, the hitchhiking ghosts, and the skeleton band! And all the villains at the end including my favorites Anastasia and Drizella! Dr. Facilier! And Bowler Hat Guy!

After the parade we headed out of Magic Kingdom while the parade made its way down Main Street, we cut through the emporium to beat the crowds, and we made it right to the foot of Main Street as there was a break in the parade and they let us cross to exit the park. We took the bus back to Boardwalk and went straight to bed! We were exhausted from our early morning and our super long day. We hit the hay hard and dreamt about more Disney days!

Continued...

Last edited:
The pins are all so adorable!!

Great pics with all the characters! Sounds like you two had an awesome party night!

Such a fun TR! Glad you had a great trip! Congrats to your mom!

We went to 2 MNSSHPs on our trip Aug/Sept last year and like an idiot I completely forgot to buy pins! I am quite annoyed at myself!!

That's so awesome about your mom's cancer remission! I was there the exact same week. Goodness it was miserable humid! Look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

Great update! Pooh and friends are adorable in their costumes. He's my daughter's favorite. Elvis Stitch is cute too!

Daisy was giving mom all the love and hand hearts and mom said she was starting to get really emotional because Daisy was giving her so much love!

Awww! Such a sweet moment.

Amazing TR so far. Congratulations to your Mum (and you) on her successful outcome.
Can’t think of a more perfect trip than WDW to celebrate.

The pins are all so adorable!!

Great pics with all the characters! Sounds like you two had an awesome party night!

Thank you! I totally went pin overboard :rotfl: I cut myself some slack since they were party only pins haha! It was such a fun party night, and a great first party experience!

Such a fun TR! Glad you had a great trip! Congrats to your mom!

We went to 2 MNSSHPs on our trip Aug/Sept last year and like an idiot I completely forgot to buy pins! I am quite annoyed at myself!!

Thank you! My mom was such a trooper throughout treatment, a trip was the perfect way to celebrate! Oh no! The pins were so cute!!

Follow! Congrats on cancer free- what a great way to celebrate.

Thanks so much for joining!!

That's so awesome about your mom's cancer remission! I was there the exact same week. Goodness it was miserable humid! Look forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

Thank you! Yes it was SUCH a humid week!!! I was sweating in places I didn't know could sweat! :rotfl:

Great update! Pooh and friends are adorable in their costumes. He's my daughter's favorite. Elvis Stitch is cute too!

Awww! Such a sweet moment.

We were so lucky we had such great character interactions! Pooh and friends were seriously so adorable!!!

Amazing TR so far. Congratulations to your Mum (and you) on her successful outcome.
Can’t think of a more perfect trip than WDW to celebrate.

Thank you!! :goodvibes

I've enjoyed reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Congratulations to your mom on beating Cancer. What a wonderful way to celebrate. We took a Disney Cruise in 2015 celebrating my mom's fight being over.

Love your Halloween shirts. I can't get over how stinking cute Pooh and friends are in their costumes. pooh::tigger::eeyore:

What a great night at the party! Your shirts really popped with the purple wall!

It was so much fun!! I know, the orange and purple combo was very vibrant haha! Plus it was sunset, I think that probably had something to do with it, too!

Congratulations to your mom on beating Cancer. What a wonderful way to celebrate. We took a Disney Cruise in 2015 celebrating my mom's fight being over.

Love your Halloween shirts. I can't get over how stinking cute Pooh and friends are in their costumes. pooh::tigger::eeyore:

Thank you so much! I know Pooh and friends are seriously so cute in their costumes!

Day 2, Part 1: The One With The Fire Alarm

I woke up bright and early on day 2, the sun was peaking through our balcony door and I was up and ready to go at 6:30, but mom was still sleeping. We had a 10:15 breakfast reservation as our first thing to get to for the day, so we had planned on sleeping in a little bit after being up late for the party.

I lounged in bed for a few minutes, then quietly got up, changed, and left the room for a run.

I ran around the boardwalk again, doing one 1.1 mile loop (boardwalk and the Dolphin/Swan) and one .8 mile loop (boardwalk) with a little extra for a grand total of 2 miles.

Hidden Mickey palm trees!

I finished my run at 7:45am, headed back up to the room, and mom was just waking up. I took a quick shower, changed, and repacked my backpack for the day. We headed out of the room around 8:45.

We were headed to Magic Kingdom, but we wanted to make a pit stop in Epcot so we could get our Annual Passholder Food & Wine magnets, and so we’d be able to hit 4 visits by the end of the week to get our special AP present!

We walked over to international gateway and entered Epcot just a few minutes before 9:00 am when the park opened. We headed through the UK and Canada pavilions over to the Festival Pavilion to grab our magnets! We got to the front of the park at 9:30 and called a Minnie Van!

This was our first time using a Minnie Van and we really enjoyed the experience. We did have one little issue with this being our first time using the service and being unfamiliar. The Lyft app directed us to the parking lot for pick up but the driver showed near the buses. So when we saw the Minnie Van in the distance we scurried over to the bus platform area. Our driver did call me to see where we were and offered to drive over to get us, but we were already on the way to him so he just waited for us there.

Our driver was Gary from Omaha, NE and we had a great time chatting with him. He saw mom’s Cancer Free button and congratulated her and told us he had beat cancer 14 years. He’d been working at Disney for 7 years and we chatted about his different roles and how he moved down here to work at Disney after retiring from his real world job.

He dropped us off at 9:45am. I’m obsessed with how close the Minnie Vans drop you to the park, we’re in love! We headed through MK security and straight for New Fantasyland. We checked in to Be Our Guest for our 10:15 reservation around 10 and went right in. We had ordered online ahead of time, so we headed right to a table and sat down. We sat in the ballroom by the back “windows”. Mom went and got us coffee and orange juice from the drink station.

Our food came at 10:20. We had ordered the Vegetable Quiche and the Croque Madame. Mom and I had decided we’d split our meals since we both wanted to try both dishes. We had also ordered the Master’s Cupcake and it hadn’t come out with our food so I asked a server about it and she went to go get us one.

Mom started with the croque madame and I started with the quiche, we switched half way through and mom add the quiche pretty quick. I was taking my sweet time with the croque madame because it was SO DANG GOOD! I was taking my second bite right when the fire alarm started blaring through Be Our Guest!

Side note: We have thing with fire alarms and Disney World... they always happen to us.

There was a cast member near us, she looked around, and said “okay everybody, grab your stuff, leave your food, and follow me.” And we walked out a back exit into a cast member only area, and followed a long parade of people back to the New Fantasyland and emerged by the bathrooms next to Gaston’s Tavern. We saw Gaston while we were backstage which is always fun.

Our sad abandoned breakfast

Do videos work on here? Well if they do..

The alarm went off at 10:30, and by 10:34 we were all corralled out front of BOG. The cast members made a human rope to keep the people who were in the restaurant already together. We were so sad we had to part with our delicious food, well at least I was sad because I hadn’t finished yet. We waited outside for awhile as they checked the building and the fire department came I assume. A few minutes before 11 we were brought back into the building. They had cleared all the food that was on the tables.

While we were waiting outside we were kind of confused about what was going on. Was our food still going to be there? Were we going to get new food? Should we just bounce because we pretty much ate all of our food? We were in limbo. We had decided to stay, we never did get to eat our cupcake and I still wanted my fair share of croque madame. So we had stayed in line and I think a cast member came around while we were still outside and told people they'd be reserving the food.

I had grabbed our receipt before we left the restaurant and when we sat back down a server came around and looked at everyone’s receipt to count all the food they need to make. Our new food came out at 11:10 and I ate the croque madame. Mom was full, but I forced her to eat a few bites of the new quiche and the pastries because they had remade it and we couldn’t waste perfectly good food!

Our new pastries were different than our old pastries and we were both honestly slightly bummed. There was a delicious looking apple tart or danish on the first plate that we were both really excited to try and our new plate had a cinnamon roll instead. Oh well.

We left BOG at 11:35. Cast members came around while we were still there and gave us a fastpass to use on anything (other than 7DMT) as a courtesy for the alarm going off. We were pretty lucky in the sense that we had no other hard plans until later in the day because we overheard a couple of other groups who were worried about this incident ruining the timeline of other things they had scheduled for the day.

We chatted quick with our server and asked if this was something that would really set them back and she said luckily it wouldn’t set them back too much because they were already starting to transition into their lunch seating so they just delayed that a little bit while they remade breakfast for those that needed it remade.

We laughed the whole thing off because it was really a hilarious situation. And we never found out why the alarm went off. The cast members were all great and handled the situation really well.

We left BOG and walked through Fantasyland and took a few pictures along the way.

Continued…

Last edited:
Pretty pictures from your run!

What a crazy situation at BOG! It is a good thing it didn't ruin any of your plans that morning, and at least they remade your food so you could still enjoy it!

Pretty pictures from your run!

What a crazy situation at BOG! It is a good thing it didn't ruin any of your plans that morning, and at least they remade your food so you could still enjoy it!

Thank you! The Boardwalk is such a photogenic area, it's easy to take a pretty picture :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts